• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

"Why Kingdom Hearts II is one of the greatest games ever made"- Gamesradar

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinjuku

Entrapment
HAHAHAHAHAHA!! This is a joke right LOL! Oh wait the guy in the article was being serious I'll laugh even harder LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!

In all seriousness this is a flame bait type of article and I think you already knew this, but whatever.

Last edited:

axel95

Awards
I was excited to see KH2 get the praise that it deserves, but extremely disappointed on how the article was written. It was like this game is awesome because it's awesome!

Awards
Personally, KH2 is my favorite game of the series. In the game play aspect of it anyway. I think BBS has the best story (I haven't played Coded or 3D).

KH2's combat system seemed more fluid and was fun. The only bad thing about it was it was always fast paced combat with all of flashy moves. KH1 did have it right in that aspect where you could go from slow to fast paced. The Drive Forms, Reaction Commands, and Limits all add to this fast paced action.
The Gummi Ship is a lot more fun and enjoyable because it is more fast paced.
Jiminy's Journal was badly set up in KH2, but its something that I can overlook and I honestly got used to.
The ability to skip scenes was a good addition.
Lastly, I actually like how crazy and I think I saw someone say convoluted the story got after this game. It gave something to talk about. We knew from all the stuff that was left out that there would be answers and sequels. It made the game much more interesting. I've heard of a few people say KH1 was confusing, I understood everything that happened in that game (except the secret ending until I played KH2 obviously). Nothing was a mystery except the secret ending (Roxas and Riku and The World That Never Was), what was gonna happen to Riku and Mickey (they went to Castle Oblivion after escaping the Realm of Darkness), and what did the note Pluto have at the end of the game say (I don't think that was ever answered actually)? Also, where would the road that Sora and Co. lead which we found out was Castle Oblivion. Everything else in KH1 was explained in game. KH2 left it up to speculation until later which I liked. I mean, we might not have some of the threads on this site if it wasn't for the story of KH2.
KH2 definitely deserves this.

Haeralis

Remains of the Judgement
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
KH2 is one of the worst games in the series. The gameplay was incredibly easy and the exploration was taken away.

Final Mix fixed a few problems and made it a LOT more enjoyable, but overall I prefer KH1 and BBS.

Awards
I do agree the adventuring/exploration wasn't as good, but then again all the games after KH1 have been lacking in this department in my opinion. The combat was easier, but it was fun in my opinion. I mean who wants a tough combat system? Thats kinda like saying the control setup being broken is a good thing. The control setup in KH2 isn't broken that was rhetorical (I think thats the right word for it).

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
Button-mashing gets old at some point, and it doesn't help that 85% of combat was composed of regular melee. I mean, the only spells I found useful were Curaga and Reflega.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
I wanna tough combat systems? I like really earning my victories. A tough system can be frustratingly fun if done right. imo they went in the right direction with KH2's battle system, it just needed to be less over powered and shallow.

Awards
Button-mashing gets old at some point, and it doesn't help that 85% of combat was composed of regular melee. I mean, the only spells I found useful were Curaga and Reflega.
I do agree with that, but I also jumped, used guard, and sometimes had to plan my button mashing because enemies and bosses would counter more often (it seemed that way to me). Plus, I used summons more often and the inclusion of limits and reaction commands allowed a lot more ways to vanquish your foes. Lastly, Thunder and Blizzard magic are pretty good (Fire blows so hard in KH2).
I think I button mashed a lot more KH1 to be honest, but I also did a lot of jumping and usage of fire, thunder, cure, and aero magic.
I guess its just a matter of preference and opinion.

Shinjuku

Entrapment
You know it's so funny it's been 6 years I never knew there was magic in KH2 and there is a guard button WHAT!

/sarcasm

aspenvenom619

Highest level of polish until KH3D, some of the best cinematic moments in the series. Platforming and the camera were improved from KH1 (still not great though). Combat took a step back, I hate reaction commands and forms were broken, even more spamming than KH1. Worlds still linear and empty for the most part. They shifted too much focus away from disney for their own characters and diverging plotlines. Always hated how the game made COM seem irrelevant since the main characters can't remember what happened before, but at other times expected you to have played it.

Overall a highly flawed but still enjoyable experience, especially because of the 4 year wait between games which now sounds quick given how long we have to wait for KH3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back