• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why Master Xehanort?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

rascus213

I just recently finished watching all of DDD on youtube and I was wondering one thing. When a persons heartless and nobody are destroyed the true person comes back, correct? So when Ansem and Xemnas were defeated, Shouldn't they have formed Terranort instead of Master Xehanort?

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
Technically speaking, yeah. From what I'm understanding, MX's heart has separated from Terra's, but found its way into Terra's body nonetheless. Still having trouble piecing together everything.

rascus213

Maybe when Ansem and Xemnas Were defeated, Master Xehanort, Terra, and Eraqus all reformed as seperate people instead of as Terranort?

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
Maybe when Ansem and Xemnas Were defeated, Master Xehanort, Terra, and Eraqus all reformed as seperate people instead of as Terranort?

Or at least Terra and Master Xehanort. The question is, if they reformed seperately, where's Terra? If he is one of the Darknesses, then he reformed before Xehanort. Otherwise, there would have been two forming people in thrones, not one.

The most confusing part though, is why Xehanort appeared in Where Nothing Gathers, and not at Radiant Garden. And if Terranort went there before splitting himself, Terra should be there too.

I have one theory on this, though. I think that they are in the Realm of Sleep during that scene. Considering Riku is younger as well as Sora, I believe the 11 other vessels (besides MX and Sora) went into the Realm of Sleep, then lured Sora to a second layer of sleep and took his body to the sleeping CTNW, where they waited for Xehanort to form in the real world and then go to sleep. I think what we are seeing is Xehanort appearing in the Realm of Sleep, by going to sleep, not being recreated there. Xehanort actually reformed in the real-world CTNW, where the other vessels are also asleep. Basically, imagine all the Darknesses sleeping in WNG, and all we see in the game are their dreams. Terra would have also reformed in the real WNG, but before Xehanort, and when he awoke, the other Darknesses pounced on him and put another Xehanort heart in him. That is, of course, if they reformed seperately.

When the scene is over, the Darknesses all "dissolve", teleporting away. From what I gather, most people think that they have returned to their times, but why would MX, Braig, Isa, and possible some of the other Darknesses do the same? They exist in the present. I believe that "dissolving" is what it looks like when you leave the Realm of Sleep. Basically, the XII Darknesses woke up, and are probably sitting comfy in the real Where Nothing Gathers, plotting their next move. And for those of you who will quote what YX said about returning to his own time, remember, he used the word "soon". Much like Nomura's "soon", this could be in a year. :D For some reason, I think the only way for them to return to their own time, is after they fulfill their purpose and forge the χ-blade. They they return to the exact moment they left, their memories of other times wiped, then proceed to get their butts handed to them by Sora. XD

So, to recap:
-YX gathers the vessels of MX and brings them to WNG.
-Terra reforms and is forced to be a Darkness.
-11 Darknesses go to sleep. -Xehanort reforms in WNG, then goes to sleep to greet his final vessel.
-They fail to acquire Sora.
-They wake up.
-They send YX to go find a new vessel(?)= beginning of KH3
-end of KH3= χ-blade reforged, Xehanort has no more need of vessels, so he sends them back to their own times. Braig continues to help him(?), Isa joins the good side, Terra as well, then final fight begins.

Well, it makes sense to me. :/

Roxie1563

Actress/Healer in Persona: Icebound
Awards
You know what? All this is confusing me out, but I know for sure: They are going down soon!! xD

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I have one theory on this, though. I think that they are in the Realm of Sleep during that scene.

Nope, it has been confirmed that this was all in the real world in the DDD Ultimania. Only Sora's The world that never was was a dream the entire time except with Xigbar at the very beginning, which was reality.

Riku was only in a layer of Sora's dream TWTNW until he defeated Ansem, Seeker of Darkness. All things happening after Riku defeated Ansem took place in the real world. That's also why Mickey, Lea, Donald and Goofy could be there.

The reason why Riku can still use Dream Eaters is explained by Riku himself in the scene where the Komory Bat lands on his shoulder. He has the powers because Sora is still sleeping. Riku became a Dream Eater himself, in fact a sort of "Guardian Dream Eater" for Sora, and as long as Sora sleeps, Riku retains his Dream Eater powers.

That Sora and Riku have their younger forms has nothing to do with the Realm of Sleep itself.
They have their younger forms and different clothes from Yen Sid's magic in order to re-learn the use of the Keyblade the proper way. This magic will not wear off and return them to their current forms until they return to the Mysterious Tower.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
I think in terms of Terra and MX reforming seperately, it is basically the opposite of how Roxas and Namine were formed. Both Roxas and Namine were formed from Sora's body because two hearts were released from Sora.

When Xemnas was defeated, the body had two hearts it had to return to (Terra and MX) and so his body was split to reform both Terra and MX. Somehow MX must have seperated himself from Terra's heart (while also leaving a fragment of his heart in Terra to keep control over him) after their fused heart was released from Xehanort's Heartless after his defeat in KH1.

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω
The MX that appears in 3D is the most future form of Xehanort in that room. So him dissipating at the end, just like the rest, was him returning to his own time.

The reformed version of Xemnas+Ansem is probably among the Seekers in that room. Just MX returned to his own body at a later time.
Meaning Terranort was defeated and Terra and MX split.

Saix and Xigbar were taken at a time earlier than when the others woke up in RG. Hence why they dissipated like the rest.

Dawn Rebirth

Can you say vacay on Radiant Isle, and I'm growing
This is what I believe based on what I know. The two individuals are not Isa and Braig, but their nobodies, just like how XH and Xemnas can exist in the same place as the Reborn(MX).

As for why MX appears instead of Terranort could be similar to the instance when XH finally took form after having possessed Riku's body for so long. IOW who appears to be MX is in fact Terranort.

As Ienzo explained, when someone's heart is recompleted they should return to the place where it happened. Plus, MX and ME's nobodies would have to have been destroyed for them to resurface as complete people outside of Terra's own body(That is to say if that's even possible). MX's heart did one of two things 1) fuse with Terra's or 2) Went inside it and started to take over that way. Terra's heart was already keeping Eraqus', so it's not far-off from Sora's heart.

If ME's heart did somehow leave Terra's body(Which might also explain why MX was able to take on his true form, as that was what was keeping Terra's mind from being submerged in MX's darkness), and the body was destroyed, then Eraqus might have resurfaced in front of CO(Though that has yet to be confirmed).

As for MX's heart, it's difficult to say how he applies, but I would imagine his heart is still with Terra's. Although, I would imagine that all depends on what happened, saying AX released his heart the same way Sora did with Kairi's.

If the same rules would apply, and Xehanort's heart was merely being stored in Terra's (Even though MX still had total control over it) then the analogies that would make the most sense would be: Terra's heart is Ventus', Xehanort's is Sora's, and Eraqus' is Kairi's. IOW they had the same thing happen to eachother's hearts: Terra's heart stayed with his body, Eraqus' left said body, and Xehanort's became the heartless. If that were the case it 'might' explain why Xemnas and XH both had their memories(Or so Naryu says, though it's clear XH still had retained his memories). But the only flaw with that is Roxas having no memories would contridict that from being the case. The only way for it to make sense is if either Xemnas didn't 'originally' have any of his memories or releasing a heart can fission said heart, but having been one heart at the time of the split meant the memories were shared. (The latter seems flawed as XH only speculates the existence of nobodies, of course the memories made afterwards wouldn't necessarily be shared among the two ...)

-_-" I guess the info we have is insufficent at this point for there to be a clear answer *sigh*

χ-Blade Master

Could it be that the when the KH Encoder exploded, it un-fused the hearts of both MX and Terra. At that point, MX's heart could have simply returned back to his old body that he discarded in BBS. Terra's heart would have naturally returned to his own body, BUT you would also have to take into account the new heart that Xenmas grew; those two hearts would merge since they technically belong to the same body, creating a Neo-Terranort of sorts. I dunno, I could be wrong.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
χ-Blade Master;5921491 said:
Could it be that the when the KH Encoder exploded, it un-fused the hearts of both MX and Terra. At that point, MX's heart could have simply returned back to his old body that he discarded in BBS. Terra's heart would have naturally returned to his own body, BUT you would also have to take into account the new heart that Xenmas grew; those two hearts would merge since they technically belong to the same body, creating a Neo-Terranort of sorts. I dunno, I could be wrong.

MX's rebirth seems to be the result of the reunion between Xehanort's Heartless (or at least MX's heart) and the body that Xemnas gave from being defeated (so, Terra's body).

Sorakh212

Awards
Yeah this is one of those moments in the game that has many people confused because not only was Master Xehanort revived, but his other incarnates were present at the time due to the whole time travel thing. This scene throws everyone for a loop because it's not fully explained in certain contexts. That and technically speaking Terranort should have been brought back instead of the elder Master Xehanort. Although Xehanort does hint at it if you pay close attention to the scene. I'm sure Nomura will explain this in further detail in an interview or possibly in the next game. I hope we don't have to wait that long though :wink:

CaptainMarvelQ8

Bronze Member
Awards
Since I didn't want to open another thread, so:
Can someone tell me how we seem to be completely ignoring the fact that Xehanort lost his memory after becoming Terranort? How would Ansem SOD(making him go back in time) and xemnas know about the plan MX had in mind.
Did braig jog his memory,or was he just pretending in order to become AtW's apprentice?

Nutari

The Scotsman
Awards
Since I didn't want to open another thread, so:
Can someone tell me how we seem to be completely ignoring the fact that Xehanort lost his memory after becoming Terranort? How would Ansem SOD(making him go back in time) and xemnas know about the plan MX had in mind.
Did braig jog his memory,or was he just pretending in order to become AtW's apprentice?

I'm thinking it's a little bit of both. He initially didn't remember, but Braig did jog his memory and I think after some time, Xehanort eventually was able to pull some memories out of the fog. Both Ansem and Xemnas seemed to have (similar) plans to what MX had in mind. I kind of look at it like a person with DID (Dissociative Identity Disorder) Ansem SoD only remembers that he wanted to open KH and unleash darkness. Xemnas only remembered that he needed to create a new KH to rule the world when in all actuality, MX wanted to open the DtD to unleash darkness, start another Keyblade war in the process, and then open KH to rule the world. Or something like that.

ON a side note, what the fuck is up with his idea to start another Keyblade war? There is only a small group of people who know how to wield keyblades.

CaptainMarvelQ8

Bronze Member
Awards
Ansem SoD only remembers that he wanted to open KH and unleash darkness.
I think it's way too specific having him go back in time,tell his younger self to gather his future selve's to meet in an exact location;Only for us to brush it off as "unleashing darkness".
What amazes me more is that after returning to his present time and 'fulfilling his part/destiny' he seems to make no mention of the plan.
Yes, I know that once a person returns from his journey in time he forgets everything that happened during that journey(as stated by YX in KH3D),but he must still have his memories from before the time he decided to time-travel,which wouldn't have been erased.

Even if you replay KH1 now,you wouldn't get any implication that Ansem SoD knew anything of MX's plan.All he talked about was opening the door to darkness/finding kingdom hearts

aspenvenom619

That Sora and Riku have their younger forms has nothing to do with the Realm of Sleep itself.
They have their younger forms and different clothes from Yen Sid's magic in order to re-learn the use of the Keyblade the proper way. This magic will not wear off and return them to their current forms until they return to the Mysterious Tower.

I thought the reason for their younger forms was because they were transported to the past

JustSnilloc

I thought the reason for their younger forms was because they were transported to the past

Nope, that was Yen Sid magic, the purpose being so that Sora/Riku could relearn how to use the keyblade properly... Why that specific age though? That was when both of them became keyblade wielders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back