• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why same voices?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sephiroth1

Not that I'm not glad to hear Quinton Flynn and Kirk Thornton again, but I thought when someone becomes a Nobody, they're supposed to slightly change, such as their looks or voice. Like Sora and Roxas; although that may only be due to the connection with Ven, but then again Xehanort and Xemnas had different voices and even looked a little different. Do you think that the others will have the same voice actors? Any thoughts on that?

Ventus Air-Man

Wanderer
Awards
Well this has been talked about many a time. As of right now, we don't know why the Org. Somebody's look so much like their Nobody's. Maybe that's how it is supposed to be. Roxas, Namine, and Xemnas look different than their Somebody's and they are also called 'special nobodys'. That could be part of the reason why.

The other Somebody's of Org. XIII might have the same actors as in previous KH games, but I am not absolutely positive. Many members of this site have already emailed these actors and asked them if they will play as a character in BBS. We will just have to wait and see if they will reply.

B

Blade5468

I'd like to point out that another thing that bugs me about their original selves is that they pretty much look the same only younger.

It's kind of not as cool when you turn a nobody into a somebody rather than when you turn the somebody into a nobody.

I mean, Lea and Axel look exactly the same. Xigbar and Braig look exactly the same. Ienzo and Zexion look exactly the same.
Nothing changed, they just aged and got scars/markings.

ansemx18

I'd like to point out that another thing that bugs me about their original selves is that they pretty much look the same only younger.

It's kind of not as cool when you turn a nobody into a somebody rather than when you turn the somebody into a nobody.

I mean, Lea and Axel look exactly the same. Xigbar and Braig look exactly the same. Ienzo and Zexion look exactly the same.

I know what you're saying but they're going to end up looking the same (with some minor differences) because of the fact the nobodies are the body and soul husk that's left behind. I think the one problem that people have is that we saw the nobodies first and are expecting completely different people, but they won't be.

zspek09

Website
instagram.com
Not that I'm not glad to hear Quinton Flynn and Kirk Thornton again, but I thought when someone becomes a Nobody, they're supposed to slightly change, such as their looks or voice. Like Sora and Roxas; although that may only be due to the connection with Ven, but then again Xehanort and Xemnas had different voices and even looked a little different. Do you think that the others will have the same voice actors? Any thoughts on that?

Well you have to realize you can't just pick voice actors out of a pile. It takes time and effort to find the right people. And even if they do, the person might not want to do it. So they try to stick with the same people.

B

Blade5468

I know what you're saying but they're going to end up looking the same (with some minor differences) because of the fact the nobodies are the body and soul husk that's left behind. I think the one problem that people have is that we saw the nobodies first and are expecting completely different people, but they won't be.

Namine is different than Kairi, Roxas is different than Sora. Even if those differences are just the hair, voice, and outfit, it's differences that make the characters.
If you put Aeleus in an organization suit and placed him next to Lexaeus, I would not be able to tell them apart. No one would. Because they look like the same person. If you put Sora in an organization suit, or Kairi in a white dress, you'd still clearly be able to tell them apart from their respective nobodies.

Last edited:

diogo14

Namine is different than Kairi, Roxas is different than Sora. Even if those differences are just the hair, voice, and outfit, it's differences that make the characters.
If you put Aeleus in an organization suit and placed him next to Lexaeus, I would not be able to tell them apart. No one would. Because they look like the same person. If you put Sora in an organization suit, or Kairi in a white dress, you'd still clearly be able to tell them apart.

You can tell Sora and Kairi apart because they are different people.. That's not even comparable. Nobodies are supposed to look like their somebodies so why stressing about something that won't change? They're supposed to look different but just subtle differences (power, marks, emotionless). Naminé and Roxas are special nobodies, along with Xemnas I think.

B

Blade5468

You can tell Sora and Kairi apart because they are different people.. That's not even comparable. Nobodies are supposed to look like their somebodies so why stressing about something that won't change? They're supposed to look different but just subtle differences (power, marks, emotionless). Naminé and Roxas are special nobodies, along with Xemnas I think.

Blah, obviously that was a grammatical error. What I meant was that you'd be able to tell them apart from their respective nobodies :X
But thankyou for sarcastically acting like you didn't understand, life clearly doesn't have enough people like you.

Anyway, I still think the new Somebodies are just outfit / age / scars changes, and thats p much it.

Seriously, are FULLY new designs really too much to ask for? The game is directed by someone that designs characters for a living, for God's sake.

Mage of light

Roxas, Xemnas, and Namina are special Nobodies. Normal Nobodies stay exactly the same as their somebodies. ( beside the obvious)

diogo14

Blah, obviously that was a grammatical error. What I meant was that you'd be able to tell them apart from their respective nobodies :X
But thankyou for sarcastically acting like you didn't understand, life clearly doesn't have enough people like you.

Anyway, I still think the new Somebodies are just outfit / age / scars changes, and thats p much it.

Seriously, are FULLY new designs really too much to ask for? The game is directed by someone that designs characters for a living, for God's sake.

I wasn't being sarcastic. I can't be sarcastic about something that you don't write.

I still don't understand why you want them to be different, they have the same body.

CCs_No1_Fanboy

The answer is so obvious that it's painful to read these topics.

But there's more to Roxas than just being special. He's based on Ven and they both have the same voice. It only makes more sense why Roxas and Sora dont sound alike because of the Roxas and Ven connection.

Xemnas does have the same voice as Xehanort, it just seems deeper and more cold due to lack of emotions. Not to mention he is special too.

Namine is also special.

We are all special =]

zexyishsmexy

Because they are supposed to remain the same *sigh*. They are the same people, or half of the same person. Because Roxas and Namine could not recall their past lives they adopted personalities of their own.
That is why they are different. Appearance does not for character make, as you will shortly see in BbS. :D

B

Blade5468

I wasn't being sarcastic. I can't be sarcastic about something that you don't write.

I still don't understand why you want them to be different, they have the same body.

I want them to be different because Roxas and Sora are different and Namine and Kairi are different and Xemnas and Xehanort are different. (In other words all the nobodies/somebodies revealed BEFORE BbS)
Is that so unusual, honestly?

But there's more to Roxas than just being special. He's based on Ven and they both have the same voice. It only makes more sense why Roxas and Sora dont sound alike because of the Roxas and Ven connection.
As nice as that is, when Roxas was invented the idea for Ven didn't exist yet. Nomura himself said he didn't know who the keyblade knights were at the time he made the trailer. In other words, when he just came up with the idea for the nobodies, he meant them to be at least somewhat different than their original selves. When he came up with Roxas, he didn't think "This guy looks like some guy that was related to Sora ten years in the past," he was thinking, "This guy looks like Sora." What I'm trying to say is that the original idea must have been that they'd be at least somewhat different. Anyway, I'd also like to add that no one knows the connection between Roxas and Ven so therefore that may or may not be untrue.

Because they are supposed to remain the same *sigh*. They are the same people, or half of the same person. Because Roxas and Namine could not recall their past lives they adopted personalities of their own.
That is why they are different. Appearance does not for character make, as you will shortly see in BbS. :D
Okay, look, maybe it's just wishful thinking, but I think it's completely stupid to recycle the same characters when you have a perfectly good excuse -- not even an excuse, a reason -- to change them.

Turn

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ~&#
Awards
Website
flavors.me
From the Secret Ansem Reports: "A great number of Nobodies have lost human form, as have the Heartless. Yet the Nobody born of someone with a strong heart retains its shape, with but the faintest visible changes." I hate to beat the dead horse, but I think it's pretty obvious that Roxas, Naminé and Xemnas are just a few exceptions to the rule -- not the standard.

Xemnas does have the same voice as Xehanort, it just seems deeper and more cold due to lack of emotions. Not to mention he is special too.
Actually, they do have different voices. Xemnas was played by Paul St. Peter, while Xehanort (and his Heartless, in KHII) was played by Richard Epcar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back