• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why the Floods are purple in BBSFM

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
Okay i'm really getting sick and tired of seeing some people wonder why the Floods are purple in the BBSFM scans. Well it's really simple, every single Final Mix both KH1FM and KH2FM had all of the heartless recolored different from the original version of their respective game. So naturally BBSFM will have the unversed recolored differently from the original BBS.

To make this real simple just look below:

This is Guard Armor in KH1 This is Guard Armor in KH1FM

They are the same heartless, the only difference is that they have different color paterns.

This is the Soldier heartless from KH1 and KH2
This is the soldier heartless from KH1FM and KH2FM
They are the same heartless, the only difference is that they have different color patterns.

This is Storm Rider from KH2
This is Storm Rider from KH2FM
They are the same heartless, the only difference is that they have different Color Patterns.

And finally we come to BBS and BBSFM:
This is the Flood from BBS
This is the Flood from BBSFM.

They are the same unversed the only difference between them is that they have different color patterns.

Also We have this from BBS and BBSFM
This is Iron prisoner III from BBS
This is Iron Prisoner III from BBSFM

They are the same unversed the only difference between them is that they have different color patterns.

----------------------------------------------
So now I hope it's clear that there is no story reason for the different colorations between the original versions and the final mix versions. The reason they do it is just for fun, it's cool, that's it!

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
wats the deal with people complaining about that. i see no problem with that.

People aren't complaining about it, but SOME people are speculating why the unversed have a color change in BBSFM as if they think there is a story reason behind it. I'm trying to shut them up by showing them that it's simply something Square Enix does for fun, it has no story reason.

Yeah it's probably just an aesthetic change. I doubt they'd change that aspect of the story now.

I'm not saying that!! It's SOME other people who are saying they want a story reason for it, and i'm trying to shut them up with this thread.

Superschlock

Don't you step out of line
Awards
Finally, thank you MM. There is absolutely NO REASON that the Unversed have different color, other than in Final Mixes, the enemies get palette changes[except for Kurt Zisa, Nobodies, and pureblood Heartless(minus the Thresholder)]. More examples:

300px-Phantom.png
Phantom KH1

300px-Phantom_Final_Mix.png
Phantom KH1FM

groundshaker.png
Groundshaker KH2

250px-Kingdom_Hearts_II_Final_Mix_-_Groundshaker.png
Groundshaker KH2FM

300px-GrimReaperScan.png
Grim Reaper KH2

300px-Grim_Reaper_(FM).png
Grim Reaper KH2FM

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
Primary Color Guard Armor is so happy looking.

Stars

リク
Also We have this from BBS and BBSFM
This is Iron prisoner III from BBS
This is Iron Prisoner III from BBSFM

----------------------------------------------
Thx for Memory Master clearing up. Ah, I just noticed the differences...though it is not important in the game.
But luckily it is not a new Iron Prisoner.

Crystal

Silver Member
^I thought there is a new prison guard too >.>
I just notice about the recolored thing <3

SilverJ-17

spams bombs, not posts
Wasn't there also different types of Soldier heartless in the first Final Mix, called Stealth Soldiers or something of the like? I thought the FM Soldier in the first post was one of those heartless. I'm wondering. Will they do something similar and add modified versions of some the unverse or even add entirely new ones (like the Chimera in KH1 FM)?

Edit: The FM Guard Armor looks more fitting for Traverse Town than the original one.

Grandpriest

With the exception of the Armor Guard heartless and the Phantom in KH1 FM, I don't see the "wow" factor in any of the other color changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back