• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why the long faces?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

VenSoraRoxas?

I hate it when people complain and cry about the story-line of KH2. If it weren't for KH2 we wouldn't be all psyched up for days and Bbs and coded. People always whine about stupid things like Kairi being to girly and Sora being obnoxious by questing for Riku. The truth is that you all know you love it incredibly because you are on this site and who knows what forum topics would be posted without it. If you thought it could have been better, why didn't you write it?. Onward, what should have happened and what should have been changed? What plot holes am I unaware of?

Angel

number one fan of teresa giudice
A: This should've been a message to Rain. She probably could answer all of that.

B: I would be JUST as excited for BBS if I just had KH1 to go on. granted, I would've known less.

Pheonex

I'll scorch your muffin.
I don't really think it was necessary to make a thread for this...but the only thing in it I didn't like was Kairi.

Iridium

Snobby Von PersnicketyBitch
Awards
I hate it when people complain and cry about the story-line of KH2.

It wasn't the storyline that everyone bitched about, it was the gameplay.

What could have been changed in terms of story IMO were the following:

• Scenarios present in each world
  • FF Cameos
  • Kairi, specifically, shouldn't have been so selfish
  • Some of the Org members (the ones alive at the time) personalities could have been more fleshed out
  • Tone of the over all story could have been darker; a lot darker
  • Less translation errors :p better lines in general really

There's more but the rest pertains to the gameplay itself, not the story.

Sorakh212

Awards
I don't know about all of you guys, but I find the storyline to be very good and fascinating as well, even though I've been a long time fan ever since the first one came out. It's just interesting to see how much the story has evolved and changed too. The only thing that I think they could have improved on would probably have to be explaining things more with detail, but even so that just adds to the whole mystery of the game/story line. Even so they will probably be explained in other upcoming games.

Lolita

Dear You
I don't know about all of you guys, but I find the storyline to be very good and fascinating as well, even though I've been a long time fan ever since the first one came out. It's just interesting to see how much the story has evolved and changed too. The only thing that I think they could have improved on would probably have to be explaining things more with detail, but even so that just adds to the whole mystery of the game/story line. Even so they will probably be explained in other upcoming games.

I don't think explaining. o__o; The mystery is what keeps everyone making up theories and even more excited to get the new games and find out more. It's the easy gameplay.

anti-form137

I really didn't have a problem with the story, or the gameplay for that matter. I tend to get really frustrated when I can't beat certain bosses, so it was nice that this time Sora could actually do more then swing in 3 directions, or those crappy skills from KH1. (Ars Arcanum was a bitch to use.)

Alixa_22

i had no issue with Kingdom Hearts 2- I had no idea there was any reason to have an issue. Gameplay was better than KH1 and the unanswered questions personally leave me hanging for more info. Loved KH2, can't wait for the new ones :)

Antiquity

Put on your courage and fly
Awards
Pretty much what Iridium said. It was the gameplay, not the storyline. Most people found it easy with the Drives and all I believe. Storyline was good, could've been it's original darker version, but still good.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
If it weren't for KH2 we wouldn't be all psyched up for days and Bbs and coded.

You're right. I never would've gotten to appreciate the true value of Watanabe Daisuke as scenario writer over Nojima :\

People always whine about stupid things like Kairi being to girly

I whine about Kairi regardless of her girliness. And ironically, I find her to be a lot more butch in KH2 than in KH1. At least then she had the excuse of being a tomboy. She lost that in KH2.

and Sora being obnoxious by questing for Riku.

How is that obnoxious? o_O

The truth is that you all know you love it incredibly because you are on this site and who knows what forum topics would be posted without it.

Truly loving something also means accepting its flaws. Like in marriage.
Here's to hoping we won't be forced to divorce.

If you thought it could have been better, why didn't you write it?.

...because I don't work for Square, due? o.o; what made you think that was a witty question anyway?

Onward, what should have happened and what should have been changed? What plot holes am I unaware of?

What plot are we unaware of, I'd say. A lot of stuff Iri already brought up, but the game was just crap, starting from the basic script (Sora, Donald, And Goofy. I got that. You can stop now. Really. Please do. I beg you) to the overall plot that didn't exist all over. And of course then completely ignoring everything that went on in CoM/Re:CoM (yes, they forgot about it, but they still changed. That means they had no right to dumb the characters down), and - dumbing the characters down. Say what you want, KH1 and CoM/Re:CoM Sora wasn't that much of an idiot :\ he was a lovable dork, not a jerk.

Nintandy

Bronze Member
Ah I feel glad now that I never used drive forms until the very end of the game (to complete the journal).

As for difficulty, there were too many minigames and 'missions' I thought. I managed to get 100% in the end but it was darn frustrating!

Clowde

KH2 lacked the flowing gameplay the first one had by adding the World Missions.
After watching the final mix trailer you expected it to be darker and yet it wasn't.
Instead of arriving at a world and staying there till you completed it, we were forced to leave and come back later. It made the game feel scattered and i for one didn't like it.
Skills like Glide were acquired via drive Level Ups, thats sucked huge balls.

On the plus side.
Gummiship stages were awesome.
The battles were great.
Some levels were very well done, and saying this it felt like some were rushed, like Mulan's world.

Coeurl

Demon Dance
I don't really think it was necessary to make a thread for this...but the only thing in it I didn't like was Kairi.

yeah, i think there's already a thread for this.. :/

Some of the Org members (the ones alive at the time) personalities could have been more fleshed out

heheh, technically it's not the Organization's story, so i think it's okay that they didn't have much 'flesh' in them in KH2 or Re:CoM. .but hey, there's Days. .that could answer all of the Organization's personality queries..

I really didn't have a problem with the story, or the gameplay for that matter. I tend to get really frustrated when I can't beat certain bosses, so it was nice that this time Sora could actually do more then swing in 3 directions, or those crappy skills from KH1. (Ars Arcanum was a bitch to use.)

i had no issue with Kingdom Hearts 2- I had no idea there was any reason to have an issue. Gameplay was better than KH1 and the unanswered questions personally leave me hanging for more info. Loved KH2, can't wait for the new ones :)

yay for Alixa & anti-form.! :lol:
me too guys, i don't think KH2 is that bad..
and in some aspects [ not all though ] it's better than KH1..!

If you thought it could have been better, why didn't you write it?.
Onward, what should have happened and what should have been changed?
What plot holes am I unaware of?

oh and for the answer:

1. what Rain said is the most logical & correct to me. so i'll go with her xD
2. happened.? i dunno. i'm not good with stories.
changed.? the difficulty level. that's all
3. i have no idea. X(

Last edited:

Sora's Darkside

Until the day Nomura say there will never be another kingdom hearts game involving any of the characters from KH1, we won't be able to truely understand the importance of each game. KH2 could be the game that sets up the biggest surprise twist that finally links together all the pieces and gives us a moment that will live in everyones top 10 video game emotional surprises.

And if your complaining about the gameplay of KH2, go back and play KH1 for awhile and see how long it takes you to come crawling back to the fluid combo system of KH2.

destinykh

The Troll
Awards
Sinking into the light with a heart of pure darkne
KH2 could be the game that sets up the biggest surprise twist that finally links together all the pieces and gives us a moment that will live in everyones top 10 video game emotional surprises.

True, but not many people have made a complaint about the story. People have issues with the gameplay, not the story. The only thing bad about it is that only a handful of Disney worlds actually have ties to the main storyline.

And if your complaining about the gameplay of KH2, go back and play KH1 for awhile and see how long it takes you to come crawling back to the fluid combo system of KH2.

The difficulty level is the problem, not the combo system.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
True, but not many people have made a complaint about the story. People have issues with the gameplay, not the story. The only thing bad about it is that only a handful of Disney worlds actually have ties to the main storyline.

Uh, people do complain about the story. Not so much that it was bad, though, that was mostly the script's fault namely Nojima's fault. People complain about there not being a story to begin with. The only worlds that truly had a plot to them was Twilight Town and TWTNW, with a tiny bit of relevance in Hollow Bastion (and thus Space Paranoids) and maybe a glimmer of hope in The Land of Dragons what with Riku popping up there. Even Disney Castle wasn't really needed with how much they screwed it up as far as the impact it should've had goes.
We didn't get the Gayblade explained.
We didn't get to see what really went on with Namine and Riku and Axel once he turned traitor.
The Organization were nonexistent.

Most of these flaws were fixed in the FM+, but the fact they had so much to fix as opposed to like tying up a couple of plot holes in KH1 (mostly how Riku ended up with Maleficent, and Mickey calling out to his Heart after XH took over, the rest were mostly 'atmosphere' scenes like the plethora of SoRiku flashbacks after they closed the door) shows that both Nomura and Nojima screwed up big time as far as putting this game together went - story wise.

The difficulty level is the problem, not the combo system.

I have to agree. I find the game amusing for the most part, but on a replay the bosses are far too painfully easy - and I'm like 5 levels below what I was in the last play-through, if not more.

It seemed like KH2 was KH1's 'Nobody'.

Oh please.
Namine = Nobody, Kairi = Somebody, Namine >>>>>> Kairi.
:[ don't use that term so loosely.

Neko

Keep Holding On
Awards
I totally agree with what Rain said. But I still loved KH2 anyways. =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back