• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why those in KH3D know Sora

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
There's a big chance this has been brought up before, but I'll say it anyway.
The reason people already know Sora (like Neku) is because they have already met him. Sora was asleep for a year after the events of Chain of Memories, so he has probably already visited the "world enclosed in sleep". That just leaves the question of "why doesn't he remember" and "What happened while he was there?"

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I doubt he met Neku. Neku said "You're Sora?" in a "I've heard of you before but I didn't think you'd look like this. How underwhelming." way. Then he called Sora a weird kid, so yeah. Definitely thinking Neku heard of Sora from somebody else.

I rather like that theory, though we'd need to see more people going "Hey, Sora!" to see if it is possibly true.

As for a reason why Sora might not remember this hypothetical year of being in the RoS, Xion was absorbing his memories while he was sleeping and now she doesn't really exist and nobody remembers her. Perhaps she'll be the key to him remembering?...that is if this theory is true.

Zul

Awards
Hmm, if the WEIS(World enclosed In Sleep) contains the "dead", then a past dead character probably told Neku of Sora. He/she may have told Neku that Sora was there to save them, and he saw that Sora was a kid like him and felt underwhelmed.

Roro

Awards
I think for Neku its sort of a special case, I mean in twewy didnt neku have the power to "scan" people's minds, maybe he did the same thing to Sora in order to learn more about him, including his name, and I'm sure this has probably been brought up before. Correct me if I'm wrong of course. And aside from Neku, I don't remember it being said that anyone else in that dream world knew Sora.

but hey what do I know,right? :p

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I think for Neku its sort of a special case, I mean in twewy didnt neku have the power to "scan" people's minds, maybe he did the same thing to Sora in order to learn more about him, including his name, and I'm sure this has probably been brought up before. Correct me if I'm wrong of course. And aside from Neku, I don't remember it being said that anyone else in that dream world knew Sora.

It's called the Realm of Sleep.

Neku can scan the minds of non-Players, and if he was able to read Sora's mind to get his name, he would have already realized Sora isn't a Player.

Therefore, somebody told Neku about Sora before Sora appeared.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Just keep in mind that TWEWY Neku =/= KH Neku completely.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
^That too. They didn't pluck Neku straight out of TWEWY. This is just another version of him like the FF characters in KH are.

Roro

Awards
Both of you bring up good points....while I did keep in mind that yea obviously hes not going to be a carbon copy of the Neku from twewy, I knew my logic might be flawed on some level haha, just thought I'd throw the idea out there anyways :p

Sunomous

Neku lives in Shibuya... And even if, (this is just an example) Sora met him to save him from darkness, they didn't mention it in any of the games... So i don't see how either of the story lines are related.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Neku lives in Shibuya... And even if, (this is just an example) Sora met him to save him from darkness, they didn't mention it in any of the games... So i don't see how either of the story lines are related.

Just keep in mind that TWEWY Neku =/= KH Neku completely.

^ (three posts up)

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
There's a big chance this has been brought up before, but I'll say it anyway.
The reason people already know Sora (like Neku) is because they have already met him. Sora was asleep for a year after the events of Chain of Memories, so he has probably already visited the "world enclosed in sleep". That just leaves the question of "why doesn't he remember" and "What happened while he was there?"
That's a big assumption there with little to no proof.

Neko

Keep Holding On
Awards
This is probably way off, but in dreams I tend to know people`s names even though I have never met them before. Dreams have ways of doing things like that. I have to agree more with the idea that someone told Neku about Sora beforehand, as it is the more obvious answer.

blueheart

Bronze Member
This is probably way off, but in dreams I tend to know people`s names even though I have never met them before. Dreams have ways of doing things like that. I have to agree more with the idea that someone told Neku about Sora beforehand, as it is the more obvious answer.

I'm going to go with this too. In my dreams, people automatically know my name, even if it's someone who doesn't even know me in real life, or someone I completely made up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back