• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why Vanitas Looks Like He Does

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMoonsDarkside

So as every who completed the game knows, Vanitas looks like Sora. And Roxas looks like Ventus. I understand why Roxas looks like Ventus because Ventus combined hearts with Sora at the end of BbS. What I don't understand is why Vanitas looks like Sora, from what I understand Ventus and Sora had no connections until after the game.

Also was Ventus created by Master Xehanort because I am confused on his origins, because it seems like he randomly showed up while Aqua and Terra were already in the LoD.

Last thing: What do you guys think will happen when Ventus finally wakes up after however many years (10 or more depending on how many games it takes)

Turn

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ~&#
Awards
Website
flavors.me
Sora is connected to Ventus + Ventus is connected to Vanitas = Vanitas is influenced by Ventus' connection to Sora, most apparently by his looks.

Mister E

Vanitas never removes his helmet until the end of the game, thus we never see his face before Sora's heart mends the break in Ven's. Considering that, for all intents and purposes, Vanitas is still a part of Ven (the darkness inside his heart), he takes on the appearance of Sora due to the contact between the two hearts. I guess it's sort of like the inverse of why Roxas looks like Ventus even though he's Sora's Nobody.

Mister E

I don't think so because we see Vanitas' face in Ven's Final battle, and Ventus doesn't connect with Sora until after Final Episode.

Sora's heart connects with Ven's after Xehanort leaves him on Destiny Islands at the start of his scenario, in order to repair the break that the forcible removal of Vanitas made. Sora takes Ven's heart into his own at the end of the game. Similar, yes, but not quite the same.

Allister Rose

French Lover
vanitas awas originally connected to ventus's fractured part of his heart. once it got filled by sora, he took his face.

nothing is implying he was faceless until then

TheMoonsDarkside

Sora's heart connects with Ven's after Xehanort leaves him on Destiny Islands at the start of his scenario, in order to repair the break that the forcible removal of Vanitas made. Sora takes Ven's heart into his own at the end of the game. Similar, yes, but not quite the same.

Oooh that makes sense, I didn't know who the person was suppose to be at the beginning when Ven's heart (white disc thing) was replaced. I thought that was MX reviving him or something okay all makes sense now.
Expect where Ventus came from in the first place.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Ven connects with Sora's heart at the beggining of the game, when MX takes him to DI. The voice talking to Ven in his Destati was Sora when he was just born and though that connection Vanitas took on Sora's looks.

As for Ven's origins, it's never stated and is probobly not important. MX didn't make him, I recall in the Japanese MX Reports MX mentioned some thing along the lines of meeting Ven and feeling they were destened to meet (somn' like that). I think we're supposed to assume that MX meet Ven on some irrelivent world while world hoping.

TheMoonsDarkside

Ven connects with Sora's heart at the beggining of the game, when MX takes him to DI. The voice talking to Ven in his Destati was Sora when he was just born and though that connection Vanitas took on Sora's looks.

As for Ven's origins, it's never stated and is probobly not important. MX didn't make him, I recall in the Japanese MX Reports MX mentioned some thing along the lines of meeting Ven and feeling they were destened to meet (somn' like that). I think we're supposed to assume that MX meet Ven on some irrelivent world while world hoping.

Alright makes sense. So is Ven's heart shattered because MX took out the darkness portion to make Vanitas?

Ruran

Awards
Alright makes sense. So is Ven's heart shattered because MX took out the darkness portion to make Vanitas?

Pretty much. MX litteraly broke Vens heart to make Vanitas and his heart/ligth keept slipping away from the fracture.

Keybladerr

I thought Ven talked to Sora at the veryyy begining of the game! cause his heart was incomplete
edit: oh ahahah nevermind

Ruran

Awards
I thought Ven talked to Sora at the veryyy begining of the game! cause his heart was incomplete

He did. Ven had a conversation with ickle baby Sora before he could even talk apparently. :p

TheMoonsDarkside

Yeah he did I just wasn't thinking about it at the time so it went over my head, and that since it was just words and no voice it kind of redirected me thinking it was someone else.

KeybladeCounsel

How could Vanitas have had a blank face at the time? That's straight bull. Let's not forget Vanitas already had a voice and if I recall it still appeared as a deeper darker 15 year old Sora. Plus wouldn't his whole body have been blank then? Why would only his face not be blank? That doesn't make sense.

Now with the connection issue. If I'm not mistaken, Sora and Ven's heart were already connected when Ven had the darkness removed. It's just that he didn't get help from Sora until he went to Destiny Islands. Sora's heart had to have already been born at the time otherwise Vanitas wouldn't have taken on the appearance of Sora and Riku at both 15.

KeybladeCounsel

Ok, explain why Vanitas had a voice similar to 15 year old Sora right after his creation? Wouldn't he have either had Ventus' voice or no voice for that matter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back