• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why Vanitas Might Be a Ven Replica

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Venitas

Hello khinsider! first thread...something quick i thought of while reading a thread on vanitas' appearance:

if i remember correctly, Nomura said that he chose the name Vanitas for 2 reasons.
1. It's meaning ("Emptiness", in latin)
AND
2. It sounded similar to VENTUS.

for those that have played some form of Chain o' Memories, toward the end of the game, Riku Replica would talk to sora about how he is fake and EMPTY...

now, maybe sometime in BBS, Vanitas finds out that he is a replica of Ven. this could xplain why Vanitas is obsessed with Ven's strength, because he might want to **DAYS SPOILER*** absorb Ven like Xion wanted to absorb Roxas. **END SPOILER***

although i would personally hate if this were true, cuz i think the replica idea has been more recycled than Starbucks coffee sleeves. thoughts?

zexyishsmexy

I dunno how much I buy into this theory...but I do think you are onto something with the absorbtion.

Riku Rep sencerely believed he could become whole by absorbing Zexion/draining his life force

Xion unknowingly started draining Roxas's life force....and then by the end intended to make them one being by absorbing him

Nomura did say that Days had a TON of hints toward BbS
i just kinda hope this isn't one.

Last edited:

Venitas

u just gave me an idea...about life force.
maybe the THING that MX tells Ven he is losing is life force, instead of memories...

could be a direct correlation to Vanitas, if hes a Replica...

RoseGirl007

Thats a good theory
I think Vanitas is a nobody or some kind of heartless or an unversed? or a replica
in the new trailer Master X says to Terra to destory Vanitas, the one who destoryed the balence.
There's also the quote to the unknown person, "you shouldnt exist" which could be directed ta Vanitas.
which supports the theory

Dark Sora 07

Hmm...that does kinda make sense in a way. You might have something here.
However, we're not sure yet if Vanitas is a replica of Ven, or even a replica at all.
The whole thing about who or what Vanitas may be is a mystery.

zexyishsmexy

u just gave me an idea...about life force.
maybe the THING that MX tells Ven he is losing is life force, instead of memories...

could be a direct correlation to Vanitas, if hes a Replica...
That would make sence!
but then why does he resemble riku so much, or why is he voiced by sora's VA?

RoseGirl007

Thats a good theory
I think Vanitas is a nobody or some kind of heartless or an unversed? or a replica
in the new trailer Master X says to Terra to destory Vanitas, the one who destoryed the balence.
There's also the quote to the unknown person, "you shouldnt exist" which could be directed ta Vanitas.

Axens

Banned
Hello khinsider! first thread...something quick i thought of while reading a thread on vanitas' appearance:

if i remember correctly, Nomura said that he chose the name Vanitas for 2 reasons.
1. It's meaning ("Emptiness", in latin)
AND
2. It sounded similar to VENTUS.

for those that have played some form of Chain o' Memories, toward the end of the game, Riku Replica would talk to sora about how he is fake and EMPTY...

now, maybe sometime in BBS, Vanitas finds out that he is a replica of Ven. this could xplain why Vanitas is obsessed with Ven's strength, because he might want to **DAYS SPOILER*** absorb Ven like Xion wanted to absorb Roxas. **END SPOILER***

although i would personally hate if this were true, cuz i think the replica idea has been more recycled than Starbucks coffee sleeves. thoughts?

I was considering this a while back. I keep saying to myself "They have some sort of connection, what is it?" Maybe Ven is the replica, maybe Vanitas is. They seem to have similar keyblades (teeth) and they seem to have something going on. You may not be far off.

Venitas

Thats a good theory

Vanitas being the first nobody kinda makes sense to me, cuz we all know how the ORG feels about themselves lol. Vanitas fitting the whole emptiness thing...

i will b quite pissed if hes a replica tho...

zexyishsmexy

Vanitas being the first nobody kinda makes sense to me, cuz we all know how the ORG feels about themselves lol. Vanitas fitting the whole emptiness thing...

i will b quite pissed if hes a replica tho...
Heartless were non existant at that time....thus making nobodies impossible.

Venitas

a lot of ppl r thinking he's a rep 2, and i just dont want to play bbs and b like "...i knew this was gonna b the case"

i want this game to blow my mind...

EDIT: ahh...frgt tht nobodies dont exist at the time...but when DO they exist? has it been confirmed that AtW's Apprentices were the 1st nobodies?

Last edited:

Yuuki

I'm the darkness within the shadows
i do believe "absorbing" has something to do with vanitas ans ven but i dont think any of them are replicas

zexyishsmexy

i do believe "absorbing" has something to do with vanitas ans ven but i dont think any of them are replicas
any reason why? or do you just...not think it true?
(I have some reservations about the replica theory myself XD)

I think replicas are a possiblilty but unlikely.....
-just because...they were made to obtain the keyblade for the organization. That is the purpose of the only replicas we have seen so far.
-We have only seen Vexen make replicas...and he didn't...non-exist yet.

@rose girl
the definition of a nobody is someone with a strong heart who clung to existance after being turned into a heartless.
heartless give birth to nobodies...just how it is.

Venitas

any reason why? or do you just...not think it true?
(I have some reservations about the replica theory myself XD)

I think replicas are a possiblilty but unlikely.....
-just because...they were made to obtain the keyblade for the organization. That is the purpose of the only replicas we have seen so far.
-We have only seen Vexen make replicas...and he didn't...non-exist yet.

@rose girl
the definition of a nobody is someone with a strong heart who clung to existance after being turned into a heartless.
heartless give birth to nobodies...just how it is.

Repliku was suppose to b a keyblade weilder?

NwgrdrXI

i had thinked about that too, and i must say... i just can FEEL that this is what happens... i sure hope im wrong thoug.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back