• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why will you buy an Xbox One or a Playstation 4 (or a Wii U)?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
Assuming we aren't all PC gamers, what console are you looking to buy and why? I'm generally curious to see everyone's opinions/views on the subject since there haven't been a large deal of exclusives announced.

I'm personally getting the PS4 because it's cheaper than the Xbox One, has a FAR better deal for online play, might be able to stream PS1/2/3 games one day through the Cloud (or Gaikai as they are calling it), and I can play it offline if I am ever forced into a position where I have to drop cable/internet for a month due to financial problems without having to have it authorized every day.

(If you feel the desire to tell why you'll pick neither and buy a Wii U then by all means do so)

I'll probably be getting a Wii U as well down the road for Smash Bros. and Wind Waker HD.

Awards
Re: Why will you buy an Xbox One or a Playstation 4?

ha, what a rhetorical question this is.

PS4

...shouldn't you add a poll?

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards

I'm personally getting the PS4 because it's cheaper than the Xbox One, has a FAR better deal for online play, might be able to stream PS1/2/3 games one day through the Cloud (or Gaikai as they are calling it), and I can play it offline if I am ever forced into a position where I have to drop cable/internet for a month due to financial problems without having to have it authorized every day.

Pretty much this.

The only real substantial reason to side with X1 is if you're interested in any of its exclusives. As I don't care about them at all, this isn't an issue for me.

I kind of really want to go PC+Wii U this gen but I may have to cave since a lot of my favorite games are usually console-exclusives.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com

X1 really has nothing that attracts me to it. During the conference, the only thing that remotely caught my interest was Project Spark, and that's also going to be on PC (and by the type of game it is, the PC version will most likely be superior anyways). There are also way too many negatives, with the always online and the very limited trading/used games system.

PS4 on the other hand, I definitely want it. While I am disappointed in the lack of backwards compatibility, the fact that Gaikai will be there to at some point make many PS1/2/3 games available makes up for it. I'm still going to have my PS3 and PS3 regardless, so it's a big non-issue for me. inFamous Second Son is looking pretty great. Kingdom Hearts 3 is probably gonna be best optimized for PS4, as well as Final Fantasy XV, both of which I will buy. Also, only $100 less than Xbox One. I'm sold on PS4.

KeyofEvil'sBane

Space Duck
Termina, wondering why everyone looks familiiar

I originally though I would be satisfied with just a WiiU, but Sony's presentation has really tempted me. It also reminds me of two generations ago when I had the Gamecube/PS2 combo, and it was one of the best combos gaming had to offer. If it looks like something similar could be achieved, i might have to get a PS4

inasuma

i'm gonna be
Awards

I can play it offline if I am ever forced into a position where I have to drop cable/internet for a month due to financial problems without having to have it authorized every day.

The reason I am never buying an xbox one. Such a stupid requirement. Don't get me wrong, I'll play with friends on their machines, but never get my own.

That said, I don't even own a Wii U right now, but I intend to get it at the very least among the three options. PS4 is #2, but I don't know if I'll get it anytime soon because KH3 just started development. Although I have a PS3 now and frequently take advantage of the free games offer, so if that's still a thing, I'll get it pretty soon after release.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
Naturally, I'll be going with the PS4. Much like the 360, X1's saving grace is its online capabilities, which clearly has gained a lot of notoriety that seems to be getting worse and worse. As a bit of an optimist, though, I admit that I'd be happy to have my mind changed and consider buying one, under the right circumstances. Mainly, Microsoft instilling some major improvements to the console that would, in my eyes, make it more unique and user-friendly.

In all honesty, I don't want Microsoft to fail beyond repair. Most people don't appreciate how competition can influence the gaming culture (or anything else, for that matter).

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
visualaid.png

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
Just throwing this in there, the PS4 controller also has a headphone jack. So you aren't forced to buy a PS4 headset specifically. Any set with one jack will work.

The Conquerer

The Bloody Warrior
Awards
PS4. Haven't pre-ordered yet, though. Hopefully, this is the only PS4 I have to buy. With the exception of the PS2, I've had one PS1 and two PS3s stolen from me.

Taylor

Gold Member
Awards
i'm already set for next gen imo. i have a pc + wii u, and honestly there's been nothing that microsoft and sony showed in the realm of exclusives that interested me except the order for ps4. nintendo has at least 5 games i want to buy, and all the other games being released that i'm interested in will be heading to pc sooooo~

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
i'm already set for next gen imo. i have a pc + wii u, and honestly there's been nothing that microsoft and sony showed in the realm of exclusives that interested me except the order for ps4. nintendo has at least 5 games i want to buy, and all the other games being released that i'm interested in will be heading to pc sooooo~

I'm pretty much on the same boat, however, my laptop, while it can play games just fine, is pretty poop when it comes to being visually great and also having bad framerate issues. If I do get a PS4 it'll mainly be because of that.

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
Just throwing this in there, the PS4 controller also has a headphone jack. So you aren't forced to buy a PS4 headset specifically. Any set with one jack will work.

Unless I'm mistaken, the PS4 is coming with a headset (but not a console stand, which is backwards to me).

But yeah, in the beginning of my gaming career, I owned:

Nintendo 64 and Playstation (and a Sega Genesis)

Then, it was:

Nintendo Gamecube and PS2 (without a doubt, the best years of my gaming career, no contest)

Now, I'm away at school, and I own:

Wii and PS3

I think you guys see the pattern here. The only two exclusives Xbox has ever had that interested me are Halo and Gears of War (and an old game for the original Xbox called Fusion Frenzy, shit was hella fun). In the past, I favored Playstation over all because it's exclusives interested me most. Today, the lines between it and Xbox have blurred in terms of exclusives, but the same is still true in the few cases where they don't. That, and I grew up with a Dualshock controller in my hand. I can't have it any other way. Playstation as a brand means something to me, so that's where I'm staying, until they give me serious reason to do otherwise (and I doubt they'll ever do worse than they did with the PS3 this gen).

Nintendo consoles will probably always be pretty safe with me for similar reasons. Grew up with them. And, unlike what's happening with the PS series, the only way to play Nintendo games remains to be buying a Nintendo system. I still love Mario, Legend of Zelda, Super Smash Bros., Pokemon, and so on, so I will be purchasing a Wii U as well. Only reason I haven't done so already is lack of games. No need to early adopt when I literally would have zero games to play on it, so I'll wait until that first must have game is released before I bite on it. Probably be spring or later of next year.

My brother and I shared a 360 at the beginning of this generation until I was able to get my PS3 (we got a Wii at launch for Twilight Princess). Unlike me, he leaned more towards Xbox than Playstation this gen, and so I took the PS3 to school, he took the 360, and the Wii has floated between us. This gen, we will both own our own PS4's and Wii U's (sadly, the days of us spending the majority of the year living in the same household are gone. Where'd the time go?). Even he doesn't want an Xbox One. Can't say I know anyone who does, whether they owned a 360 or not.

Santiago

"I love how the Xbox One is going to have TV!"
-Said nobody ever

I'm going to end up getting the PS4 because Xbox One screwed itself over to a point of no redemption. I have a Xbox 360, and I had full intentions on moving on to Microsoft's new console until that train-wreck of a reveal they had.

[video=youtube;cLmKpV0i8t4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLmKpV0i8t4[/video]

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
PS4 definitely. Wii U doesn't interest me. Unless Microsoft at the very least changes their used games/sharing policy, I'm utterly opposed to it. Halo is the only first-party IP it's got that interests me, but it might be going further downhill after Halo 4, or be busting out fresh and brilliant on new hardware.

Shadow_

Banned
Awards
I'm currently getting a PS3! thats right I'm a bit behind with everyone, the only system I own right now is a 3DS and I'm doing everything I can to save up for a PS3, it's just so hard to get one. As for PS4/Xbox One probably won't get either until ap rice drop happens and more games come out.

Eva

~ ♥~ Grand Summoner~ ♥~
Awards
PS4 - Xbox One just doesn't grab my attention. It looks nice and shiny but it doesn't really make me want to get it.

And already have PS3 may as well stick with Sony I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back