• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Will BBS get censored?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

rawpower

King of the Wild Frontier
Awards
Birnax, I've already been spoiled with Vanitas' appearence, I didn't want to be spoiled with Braig's scar, but no, you had to ruin it for me. Please put that in a spoiler tag before someone else reads it.

qster

The Last Bulbasaur
It probably will be censored. They did quite a few of them on KHII so it wouldn't surprise mr if they did...what I don't get is why the would do such a thing? Is American society supposed to be used to violence? How come they censored it here but they don't do that in Japan? :O

At least the U.S. doesn't have that retarded Austrailian governor who automatically bans games with violence.

Jadentheman

Bronze Member
God can't I visit a spoiler free section without being spoiled. People need to control themselves

Reverie

Bronze Member
Awards
It pretty dark, but I don't think it needs a T rating. Just leave it at E10+.

Omegataco

Awards
Final fantasy Versus XIII

Read this segment from wikipedia about it :

"Within recent Japanese gaming magazine interviews, Tetsuya Nomura has stated that Versus XIII's gameplay will be a realistic derivation of Kingdom Hearts's battle system with some elements of a third-person shooter aspect. Nomura has also stated that the game will depart from the light and magical aesthetic of his previous directorial games (i.e. Kingdom Hearts) and opt for a darker, bleaker world that is intended to counter previous Final Fantasy installments. In formulating a realistic world, Nomura has stated that he wants the characters to be "believable" and thus realistic. As a testament towards his desire for realism, in the PlayStation Premier trailer, in contrast to previous Final Fantasy titles, Versus XIII had a greater display of graphic violence with an instance of blood." [7]

burnley95

Row Row Fight the Powah!
The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

"Within recent Japanese gaming magazine interviews, Tetsuya Nomura has stated that Versus XIII's gameplay will be a realistic derivation of Kingdom Hearts's battle system with some elements of a third-person shooter aspect. Nomura has also stated that the game will depart from the light and magical aesthetic of his previous directorial games (i.e. Kingdom Hearts) and opt for a darker, bleaker world that is intended to counter previous Final Fantasy installments. In formulating a realistic world, Nomura has stated that he wants the characters to be "believable" and thus realistic. As a testament towards his desire for realism, in the PlayStation Premier trailer, in contrast to previous Final Fantasy titles, Versus XIII had a greater display of graphic violence with an instance of blood." [7]
Then I will need to get this, sick! Is it for 360 though?

Omegataco

Awards
I don't know. It could possibly be for both PS3 and 360, since the regular Final Fantasy XIII is. Its been on hold for quite a while now since all the other projects nomura has been working on, but I remember reading in an interview with him that after BBS, this game is going to be his next top priority.

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards

Why is he even comparing to KH when it has nothing to do with KH? Nomura can say stupid shit a lot.

Anyways, why the hell would a KH game get a T rating? It hardly got to E10+.

Ikkin

Bronze Member

Which is why they censored things out of KH2 that Disney clearly has no problems with, content-wise? I mean, some of the things censored were things Disney had in their original movies (the Hydra's green blood, Will's suicide threat), and the rest all showed up in other KH games (Xigbar's sniper rifle, characters on fire, Jack with a sword in his chest).

I don't think it's too far off to assume that KH2 was censored because of the combined effect on the rating as opposed to the content itself.

BbS could, quite possibly, avoid the situation by simply having too much that they'd need to censor to avoid the ratings increase.

A

Azrael

Why is he even comparing to KH when it has nothing to do with KH? Nomura can say stupid shit a lot.

KHII was originally meant to be rated T but the E10 thing was created so KHII was put there.

Magic

It probably will be, but I hope not. I would imagine they would shoot for E10+. They probably won't get that unless they cut some stuff out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back