• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Will BBS's combat system be overpowered?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Yippie

This might be the millionth thread about this, but I just wanted to ask it myself.

Am I the only one worried that BBS might be a tad too easy? I have no clue, having not played the game yet, but in the videos my reaction was this:

"Oh cool, looks like they are just swinging the keyblade around. I like that. Oh cool, some magic!"

"Wait, what just happened?"

-commence giant laser shooting, time stopping, and raping-

I mean, do we REALLY want the bosses and enemies to die quickly with these limit break thinga-ma-bobs?
(I believe they are called limit breaks, correct me if I'm wrong.)'

Fights should be long, cool and suspenseful, not full of lasers and god-like powers that kills the enemy in 10 seconds.

Chrono Mizaki

Banned
I share the same worries as you do, but the tosser [Nomura] says he might dumb down the characters since they are overpowered [I'm guessing he won't give the enemies better A.I]. But it seems to use a system influenced from COM, so using the abilities will render it useless for the time-being, I guess [maybe up to a save point?]

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
Kingdom Hearts 2 had a relatively complicated battle system. But all that was really necessary was X. I don't want all of these new things in BBS to be just for show. I want them to be needed.

Chrono Mizaki

Banned
Kingdom Hearts 2 had a relatively complicated battle system. But all that was really necessary was X. I don't want all of these new things in BBS to be just for show. I want them to be needed.

- Equip Abilities
- Mash X
- Level up to learn abilities
- Pass certain events to learn abilities
- Worry about a 'huge, but limited' AP system
- Occasionally mash 'square' for horizontal attacks or guard
- Press triangle for God of War mechanic.

Yeah, it's 'complicated'. I would call the Abilities complex if they force you to manage it. But they give you far too much AP for its own good that it took out the complication.

Mr Yippie

- Equip Abilities
- Mash X

Yeah, it's 'complicated'. I would call the Abilities complex if they force you to manage it. But they give you far too much AP for its own good that it took out the complication.

The reaction commands really destroyed the game. It made me feel like the game was built towards toddlers.

Oh geez, this looks complicated. But hey, as long as they give us a good tutorial, anything is better than mashing x and triangle.

Last edited:

ROXAS_32

Lobo Solitario
Awards
Website
www.twitter.com
from the looks of the gameplay videos i would have to say yes... it not necessarily a bad thing but the game would probably be on par with the kingdom hearts 2 difficulty.

RoxasAi

The reaction commands really destroyed the game. It made me feel like the game was built towards toddlers.

I agree with you it did made the game a too easy, it be nice if they mixed up the buttons a LOT! i really don't want to be always pushing the X button to do my combos or just the triangle. And it be nice if there a LOT!! more enemy appearing, MUCH MORE!! i find that too little appear, and it suck when you get stronger yet there nothing challenging you and you kill every one in like 2 sec.

But this fighting system looks like it not going be soo easy but a lot of fun using! just by the look of it i think it looks fun so lets hope for the best

Abbot

BBS' version of Reaction Commands (named Action Commands. Go figure) seem much harder to pull off, and look like they require actual timing. Also. I think there was an interview somewhere where Nomura said that he was fixing the balance issues. And not just of TAV. I think he was talking about requiring actual strategy for each individual boss.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
- Equip Abilities
- Mash X

As in there were a lot of things you could do, but in the end, you didn't have to.
You had reaction commands, drive forms, summons, magic, and abilities--but none of them were needed.

kostas

Awards
well in easy mode u kill the boss in 1 min. so i advise you when bbs is out to play on normal or even better hard

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
As in there were a lot of things you could do, but in the end, you didn't have to.
You had reaction commands, drive forms, summons, magic, and abilities--but none of them were needed.

listen i NEVER used any summon at all, only used valor drive form and i they really do give you to much ap
like, by the first time your at port royal, you had enough for the important growth abilities and scan and ALL the attack abilities
but the story mode and animations helped a bit

State

Awards
if it's only mashing a button, it will be overpowered, if you have to be precise, it won't.

Lost&EmptyHeart

I think its completely plausible that if you can mash buttons successfully then it will be too easy. But I personally compare the battle system to that of Dissidia, with different combos or moves with each button. Which is also a little bit of button mashing, but hard to master.

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
I think its completely plausible that if you can mash buttons successfully then it will be too easy. But I personally compare the battle system to that of Dissidia, with different combos or moves with each button. Which is also a little bit of button mashing, but hard to master.

i concur
i have dissidia and i can agree that the battle system is pretty good but would need a bit of tweaking to fit into kh
imagine sora pulling of an omnislash or a flare spell just by pressing O and down lol

Evello

The Radiant Hero
Awards
I think the developers are trying to make Terra, Aqua, and Ven way too cool. They think that making them totally awesome fighters who can slash through waves of enemies makes them more appealing. And, in a movie, it would. But this isn't a movie, it's a game. And people don't like easy games. In KH2, it just seemed like SE was going for the "Holy crap, I'm running up walls and killing thousands of enemies by myself, I'm so cool" reaction and what they got was the "Wow, this is really boring and easy" reaction.

Hopefully they've learned. And judging from the fact that Nomura mentioned that BbS was too easy, I think they have. I don't think they'll dumb down the characters at all, they'll just make the enemies and bosses much harder.

Allister Rose

French Lover
I think the developers are trying to make Terra, Aqua, and Ven way too cool. They think that making them totally awesome fighters who can slash through waves of enemies makes them more appealing. And, in a movie, it would. But this isn't a movie, it's a game. And people don't like easy games. In KH2, it just seemed like SE was going for the "Holy crap, I'm running up walls and killing thousands of enemies by myself, I'm so cool" reaction and what they got was the "Wow, this is really boring and easy" reaction.

Hopefully they've learned. And judging from the fact that Nomura mentioned that BbS was too easy, I think they have. I don't think they'll dumb down the characters at all, they'll just make the enemies and bosses much harder.

i tihnk they have...we only seen demos and trailers, it also depends what mode you put it in, hopefully they have a critical mode in the game

Kh2sora

i know this is way off topic but just to get this straight... its not the Unversed its unbirth. i know this because i got a playstation magazine a few months ago and it had an article on BBS. It said unbirth not Unversed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back