• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Will Braig and Xigbar both be in the Organization XIII?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Samhain

Bronze Member
Just noticed this...

In the KH 2.5 Secret Ending, we see Braig speaking with MX. It is Braig because he has the short hair, and clothes as he did in BBS. But in KH DDD we see Xigbar. He has the longer hair, and Organization XIII coat. Am I missing something? They both have to be in the organization then.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
I think they just reused the model and didn't really expect anyone to make big theories out of it, personally. Nomura refers to Xigbar as he appears in KH3D as Braig. The credits of 2.5 and KH3D refer to them with flipped names [as in, KH3D calls him Braig, but 2.5 calls him Xigbar]. And so on. To me, there is one person (the recompleted Braig) and he can simply be referred to by either name, but since he is still in allegiance with Xehanort, they all call him Xigbar.

Samhain

Bronze Member
I think they just reused the model and didn't really expect anyone to make big theories out of it, personally. Nomura refers to Xigbar as he appears in KH3D as Braig. The credits of 2.5 and KH3D refer to them with flipped names [as in, KH3D calls him Braig, but 2.5 calls him Xigbar]. And so on. To me, there is one person (the recompleted Braig) and he can simply be referred to by either name, but since he is still in allegiance with Xehanort, they all call him Xigbar.

Were they honestly that lazy to just place Xigbar in the KH 2.5 Secret Ending? I mean come on lol. One has short hair in the KH 2.5 SE, and the one we see in KH DDD has the long ponytail hair with grey streaks. They should know better that fans will make a theory based on that. They would try to make a theory out of anything and everything in this series, and for good reasons.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
Were they honestly that lazy to just place Xigbar in the KH 2.5 Secret Ending? I mean come on lol. One has short hair in the KH 2.5 SE, and the one we see in KH DDD has the long ponytail hair with grey streaks. They should know better that fans will make a theory based on that. They would try to make a theory out of anything and everything in this series, and for good reasons.
I don't think it was a matter of being lazy, exactly. Lack of time and resources, maybe, to create a new model for a two minute cutscene. It was for a HD collection after all, which have shorter dev times and far less budget. But similar stuff has happened before in the past (such as reusing the Dark Margin set, even tho they're meant to be on opposite sides, not creating 4-year younger models of TAV for their flashbacks, and so on). Aside from the model discrepancy though, there is little to suggest that Xigbar and Braig are operating as separate entities. And casual fans would probably not think much of it.

Miasthma

Awards

This. ^ I also think that it is just Braig, but the recusant sigil is in the name Xigbar so everyone on Xehanort's side might just call him that because of it.

gstkh2

I agree. While physically Braig and Xigbar are the same being--since we see that not only does a Nobody eventually grow a heart and return to human form but, as with Lea, they retain their powers and can even obtain new ones--technically they are different individuals, simply because Xigbar has accepted Xehanort's heart. By the laws that Master Xehanort himself has created, this not only means that he MUST have the Recusant Sigil in his name--but it also means that, now that he is incapable of having his OWN heart, he can technically never be known as Braig again. In this way, "Braig" will forever be a Nobody, and is therefore called Xigbar.

Miasthma

Awards
I agree. While physically Braig and Xigbar are the same being--since we see that not only does a Nobody eventually grow a heart and return to human form but, as with Lea, they retain their powers and can even obtain new ones--technically they are different individuals, simply because Xigbar has accepted Xehanort's heart. By the laws that Master Xehanort himself has created, this not only means that he MUST have the Recusant Sigil in his name--but it also means that, now that he is incapable of having his OWN heart, he can technically never be known as Braig again. In this way, "Braig" will forever be a Nobody, and is therefore called Xigbar.

Interesting take on the question. I like that explanation: even though Braig is a complete and whole being, Xehanort's influence renders his individuality as nothing, warranting the name Xigbar again.

Empress Mitsuru

Here's a variation I have on this theory, what if Braig's heartless was one of the Orgainzation?

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Here's a variation I have on this theory, what if Braig's heartless was one of the Orgainzation?
0T9DDf8.png

Sentient Heartless are created only when someone willingly gives up their heart a la Sora or Xehanort. We got a nice first-person view of Xehanort stabbing Braig's heart out, and it didn't really look like Braig was wanting or expecting that sort of thing to happen.

Empress Mitsuru

If that's Xigbar we saw in 3d that would mean Braig became a heartless again, maybe he changed willingly this time.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
If that's Xigbar we saw in 3d that would mean Braig became a heartless again, maybe he changed willingly this time.
That's reeeeeally pushing it. And there's no evidence to support that either. Plus I don't think that Braig's heart is strong enough to create a human-shaped Heartless anyways.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
What if Xehanort infused his with a piece of his own heart?
What are you referring to with that first "his?"
If you're talking about Braig's Heartless, I don't think that could really work. Heartless are darkness incarnate, and would just swallow up whatever heart-things that come their way.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
As much as I doubt it, it definitely would make a great tag team boss battle (as well as twice the sass).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back