• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Will I get sick???

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xickin

Traitor of KHInsider.com
Awards
Website
nicholasdoyle6.wixsite.com
Well see, my mom has had the stomach flu for the past 3 days, she's fine now but I still think she's contagious.m Anyway she kissed my cheek good night last night and I went to the wash room a couple minutes later and scrubbed it with soap and water for about a minute. I HATE THROWING UP, so I would like to think I got rid of it but I can't be sure, what do you guys think?

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards
lol what?

Aren't you a little paranoia there? By that standard, you should wash your face every single time you go out, a lot of people outside are sick. And then I'm not even talking about all the germs outside.

Seriously though, it's possible that you'll get sick but then again, it's possible that you won't get sick. Only time will tell. It depends on many things.

Xickin

Traitor of KHInsider.com
Awards
Website
Seriously though, it's possible that you'll get sick but then again, it's possible that you won't get sick. Only time will tell. It depends on many things.

I know but the stomach flu is super contagious, I never touched my eyes or nose without making sure I washed my hands (even after touching the remote) so I made sure to wash my cheek with soap and water

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv
yeah i think you're overreacting just a bit. you washed your face right afterwards, you'll be fine.

plus she only kissed you on the cheek, so unless she left a lot of saliva that made its way into your mouth i highly doubt you're gonna catch that flu. not to mention that you said she's fine now.

seriously you're overreacting to this whole thing.

at this rate you'll catch it purely from placebo effect. :<

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv
Well you washed your face and that's what matters. You'll be fine.

DiceKiller

hope I don't rust
Don't let yourself get too stressed over this. Stress obviously isn't good for you, but it can make you more susceptible to catching an illness. Though, it's always kinda funny when people try their hardest not to get sick and end up getting sick anyways~

Smoofy

Dogs Eating Dogs
Awards
The Roleplay Section. I seldom venture out.
Stress will probably only help induce vomiting. Just calm down, you've been taking good care of yourself, and unless your mother decided to lick all over your face when she kissed you on the cheek, you'll be fine.

Nevermind, what Reflection said, it's the only way.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
You'd do better getting sick. Can't protect yourself from all of the bacteria and viruses in the world, and getting it will build up your immunity to that strain.

Xickin

Traitor of KHInsider.com
Awards
Website
You'd do better getting sick. Can't protect yourself from all of the bacteria and viruses in the world, and getting it will build up your immunity to that strain.

I understand the logic, but honestly I'd rather contract SARS (in 2000) than vomit, it's just an unnatural fear I developed throughout my life.

I know there's no such thing as a "Good Experience" with the stomach flu but if there were such a thing then I would've only had bad ones

The Conquerer

The Bloody Warrior
Awards
Well, you'll know soon enough. Just don't eat nor drink off anything of hers. It "can" be transmitted airborne, but you aren't always likely to breath in a patch of air containing the pathogen. To minimize your risk, don't commonly share close nit breathing spaces with her. As long as she makes it to the toilet and sprays the surrounding area after she's done, your odds of contracting it are lower, especially if she washes her hands when coming into contact with secretions. Wash your hands every time you deal with anything of hers, or anything she's touched.

That's all really. Don't get too worked up about it though, do what you can, but if you still end up sick, well, them's the breaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back