• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Will it get delayed now

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

JCove

Will 2.8 be delayed now with Final Fantasy 15 being pushed back until the end of November. It'd make sense cause square enix don't want to take sales away from both franchises, which would effect 2.8 more cause this is a major title Final Fantasy.
It'd be nice if they push 2.8 forward. I don't think it'll effect KH3 at all, if it does maybe a month.

Muke

whatever
Awards
If they do, I'll be pissed big time tbh. They are trying to get Aqua away from me, can you imagine?!

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
no it wont be delay xv are kingdom heart s2.8 are made by two differnt teams one doesnt aftect the other unless they are made by the same team

Jochira

Awards
no it wont be delay xv are kingdom heart s2.8 are made by two differnt teams one doesnt aftect the other unless they are made by the same team
just wanna add to this, while it's true that Nomura USED to be in the FFXV team, he left long before the delay, to focus on 2.8 and 3, so yah... this won't affect 2,8, unless SE decides to troll us

Muke

whatever
Awards
just wanna add to this, while it's true that Nomura USED to be in the FFXV team, he left long before the delay, to focus on 2.8 and 3, so yah... this won't affect 2,8, unless SE decides to troll us
Of course, there's a chance. This has nothing to do with Nomura working on FFXV, this is still SE. They would not want the Sales to overlap and shit idk about

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
Of course, there's a chance. This has nothing to do with Nomura working on FFXV, this is still SE. They would not want the Sales to overlap and shit idk about
correct dont forget we surpose get kh 3 news at december along with 2.8 unless he decides to push the news for e3 next i dont think the delay is haaping

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Nope. It will likely have very little to no impact on the release of Kingdom Hearts 2.8. While the core audiences do have some overlap, the mainstream audiences for both games are a bit more split apart.

No way will they push Kingdom Hearts 2.8 up. It would still fall within FFXV's release frame. Also 2.8 deserves all of the development time it can get to fix the character models in 0.2.

The latest 2.8 can release is mid-December due to the holiday season. After December and it would probably mess up their marketing plans and fiscal projections for both SE and Disney Interactive/DCPIM in that quarter of the year.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
Nope. It will likely have very little to no impact on the release of Kingdom Hearts 2.8. While the core audiences do have some overlap, the mainstream audiences for both games are a bit more split apart.

No way will they push Kingdom Hearts 2.8 up. It would still fall within FFXV's release frame. Also 2.8 deserves all of the development time it can get to fix the character models in 0.2.

The latest 2.8 can release is mid-December due to the holiday season. After December and it would probably mess up their marketing plans and fiscal projections for both SE and Disney Interactive/DCPIM in that quarter of the year.
exactly couldn't say it better then myself

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards

Why spend time trying to explain your opinion when someone else already did so perfectly.
I applaud.

Pestilence

Awards
Probably but only by 1 month to move it away from XV. It's harder to say because 2.8 is mostly just a remaster, if it was a bigger title like KH3 it would 100% get pushed back. Just saying that don't be surprised if it does get delayed because of XV. At the very least it will be moved from Dec 6th (the most likely release date) to the week after.

I don't see any reason why it would affect the KH3 news that some of you seem to worry about.

Of course while unlikely it's not entirely impossible for them to actually move the release date to early November if the game is ready. While it's peppered with huge releases the overlap between FF and KH is probably much greater than any other title released then. I remember when Killzone Mercenary was released a few weeks earlier than planned after GTA5 was announced to be released on the same day. There are other examples as well but it is rare. But then you have the dilemma of how close to World of Final Fantasy you'd move it so...

Last edited:

Ixza Reprisae

Probably but only by 1 month to move it away from XV. It's harder to say because 2.8is mostly just a remaster
I wouldn't think a CG movie of new content and a brand new playable episode are really what could be considered "just a remaster." Dream Drop Distance I'll give you, sure, but that's one-third of a three part package and most certainly isn't the standard with which to weigh this title's worth.

Pestilence

Awards
I wouldn't think a CG movie of new content and a brand new playable episode are really what could be considered "just a remaster." Dream Drop Distance I'll give you, sure, but that's one-third of a three part package and most certainly isn't the standard with which to weigh this title's worth.

When looking at the new work done for 2.8 it's a far cry from a full game. The budget for something like 2.8 would be miniscule compared to anything else Square has produced this year including crap like Star Ocean or even I am Sentsuna. That is why it actually has a chance of not getting delayed. At least 80% of the content in 2.8 is DDD so I think it is fair to say it's mostly a remaster.

Both 0.2 and Back Cover will most likely share a lot of assets with Kingdom Hearts 3 and the base gameplay mechanics are pretty much the same. It's similar to their strategy with Type-0 HD, they will sell a full priced game with the hook being a playable slice of their next big installment in the series.

And I'm not saying this to ridicule the content in 2.8, I'm as excited as anybody to try 0.2 out. Just saying that when put to perspective it is not a new game and the budget+sales expectations will reflect that.

Last edited:

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
It is a new game. It's just not a very big game. If we split the game into thirds (which I don't think is entirely accurate since 0.2 is likely not as long as DDD), then 2/3rds of this game is new.

Yes, 0.2 and Backcover are not as tasking on the team most likely. In fact, the new content is probably already finished and they are just tweaking it a little (probably what those job listings were for, especially since they say KH3 and 0.2 are being developed alongside each other)

0.2/Backcover isn't KH3 or FFXV level development, but it is 'new'.

Pestilence

Awards
It is a new game. It's just not a very big game. If we split the game into thirds (which I don't think is entirely accurate since 0.2 is likely not as long as DDD), then 2/3rds of this game is new.

Yes, 0.2 and Backcover are not as tasking on the team most likely. In fact, the new content is probably already finished and they are just tweaking it a little (probably what those job listings were for, especially since they say KH3 and 0.2 are being developed alongside each other)

0.2/Backcover isn't KH3 or FFXV level development, but it is 'new'.

Well sure, It is new content but it's still assets and workhours already spent on KH3 and a very small portion of the package. If DDD is around 25 hours long (and this is not doing everything there is), 0.2 is 2 hours long and BC is 1 hour long that makes DDD amount just below 90% of the content that 2.8 has. It most certainly vastly consists of old stuff. The sales expectations for 2.8 would be millions less than KH3 and the overlap of customers with XV thus significantly less.

My point here is what do you think would have bigger chance of getting delayed if XV landed a week before it, 2.8 or KH3? If 2.8 doesn't get delayed it is because it's a smaller title with less sales expectations and small budget due to being mostly a remaster.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
It's very possible it could still be delayed. Albeit, only by a few weeks. Although some date leaks have happened, they have yet to post anything official other than "December". If say, the original date was the 6th, then they could delay it all the way to the 17th and no one would know.

Personally, I don't think companies should announce a release date until it's right around the corner. Maybe not a good marketing strategy, but it does ensure some of the more die-hard fans can't complain about delays. Not that that's helped KH3 since a date was never even alluded to and people still say KH3 was delayed. Pfft

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Will 2.8 be delayed now with Final Fantasy 15 being pushed back until the end of November. It'd make sense cause square enix don't want to take sales away from both franchises, which would effect 2.8 more cause this is a major title Final Fantasy.
It'd be nice if they push 2.8 forward. I don't think it'll effect KH3 at all, if it does maybe a month.

Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts are developed by different Square Enix divisions. Besides, Kingdom Hearts 2.8 isn't at the scope of Final Fantasy XV. There's nothing to be concerened about, 2.8 will release on time because a part of it is simply a HD Remaster, another part is the size of a demo and the final segment is just a cinematic cutscene.

JCove

So my thoughts were correct that Final Fantasy XV did delay the release of the game, but by not a lot though, a month isn't to bad, compared to the delay of some games or even Final Fantasy XV itself which was 2 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back