• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Will KH3 be playable at E3?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrFranklin95

Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Hey guys, questions here:

I introduced my 8-year old sister to Kingdom Hearts and she became the biggest fan of it. She even has her very one Kingdom Key keyblade in her room. Her birthday is coming up soon in June so I thought it would be a nice present to take her to E3, where I'm sure a new KH3 trailer will be shown, most likely with frozen (But that's a guess. I'm hoping because she loves that film as well).

Reason I bring this up is because I thought would be cool if the game was playable at E3, which would be an even better surprise for her. So this is a question for her and for me in general, do you think the game will be playable at E3? Or it is one of those cases where only playable for publishing outlets and YouTube gamers and not the general public? Just wanted to know if that was possibility.

Last edited:

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I think it's happening.

E3 seems like the best opportunity to have a demo. Since we know a few select people will have early access this month I figured it would be playable at E3.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
It likely will have a public demo at E3.

But you know E3 is expensive right? It's like.. $250 a person and the lines for a KH3 demo would be pretty long. Idk if it'd really be the best fit for a kid?

EDIT: looking into it more, it turns out you have to be over 17 to go to E3.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I initially said that Kingdom Hearts is not going to be in E3 because they'd rather have a standalone event, and you know, they're secretive and selective as to where and when they'll display Kingdom Hearts III.

The forum hounded me for that thought. But now that Nomura has gone on record to state that he'll be attending more events in America, and the whole "One of the first to play Kingdom Hearts III." announcements going around, I would be shocked if it doesn't have a playable E3 presence now.

MrFranklin95

Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
17? Damn. Well, I guess that makes sense. Also it would've been more of a family thing as well. As far as money, that isn't really an issue for us (Not bragging, sorry if it comes across that way) Plus, I would actively avoid the areas were more mature games that are being played like the plaque and just stick with the Nintendo and Disney stuff. But I guess since it's over 17, I guess I'll just stratch that out as an idea.

Thanks for the heads up.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
i think there webee be a demo i think the may event is the demo we going to get at e3 plus i also think the demo will a portion of the first level,gummi ship travel and maybe a huntch maybe we get to play as the second playable who hasnt reveal yet characther for a little bit

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Children do wander around E3, but they are usually kids of industry guests or VIPs.

Kids aren’t usually allowed because alcohol is served there.

If you contact the ESA and inform them of how much money you intend to spend for your family, I imagine they would be...lenient.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I don’t know, the rules do say

[FONT=&quot]No one under the age of 17 may purchase a pass to E3 and no one under the age of 17 (including infants) will be admitted. THIS POLICY IS STRICTLY ENFORCED. All E3 Attendees are required to show government-issued photo ID (such as a driver’s license or passport) upon request to verify age.[/FONT]

If you have the ability to go to another games expo, like San Diego Comic Con for example, then I think that might be easier. I imagine a KH3 demo will be taken to every trade show wherever possible, starting with E3.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Hey guys, questions here:

I introduced my 8-year old sister to Kingdom Hearts and she became the biggest fan of it. She even has her very one Kingdom Key keyblade in her room. Her birthday is coming up soon in June so I thought it would be a nice present to take her to E3, where I'm sure a new KH3 trailer will be shown, most likely with frozen (But that's a guess. I'm hoping because she loves that film as well).

Reason I bring this up is because I thought would be cool if the game was playable at E3, which would be an even better surprise for her. So this is a question for her and for me in general, do you think the game will be playable at E3? Or it is one of those cases where only playable for publishing outlets and YouTube gamers and not the general public? Just wanted to know if that was possibility.

You would need connections with people in the industry, or to be invited by a company to promote their game (we've seen children at the Ubisoft stage promoting Just Dance for example).

But E3 is an industry event. I'm sure KH3 will be present at all subsequent trade shows, so bringing your sister to an event like PAX that is more accessible and child-friendly would be a better experience.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
What are some other events that we might see KH3 featured at? The ones I know of are:

E3 (June 12-14th)
San Diego Comic Con (July 19-22)
Gamescom (August 21-26)
Pax West (August 31-September 3)
Tokyo Game Show (September 20-23)
Jump Festa (December ?)

Any big ones I’m missing? In particular, in October or November? I don’t really keep up with the ones other than E3, TGS, and Jump Festa, which I’ve seen a lot of KH stuff come out of in the past. I’m starting to see why these developers like September as a release month though since there are a lot of events leading up to it. Pax West happens during my birthday so if there’s any chance of KH3 being there, I might have to consider a trip. Lol

horto12485

Awards
What are some other events that we might see KH3 featured at? The ones I know of are:

E3 (June 12-14th)
Gamescom (August 21-26)
Jump Festa (December ?)

Any big ones I’m missing? In particular, in October or November? I don’t really keep up with the ones other than E3, TGS, and Jump Festa, which I’ve seen a lot of KH stuff come out of in the past. I’m starting to see why these developers like September as a release month though since there are a lot of events leading up to it. Pax West happens during my birthday so if there’s any chance of KH3 being there, I might have to consider a trip. Lol

I don't know about Kh3 Showing up at Jump Festa cause they might release the Game sometime in the Fall or Winter.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I don't know about Kh3 Showing up at Jump Festa cause they might release the Game sometime in the Fall or Winter.

I mean, for all we know it could release in late December like KH2 did in Japan. I doubt it, but for this I wasn’t gonna rule out any possibilities and have someone jump on me for assuming it would be out by then. So I just listed every event I know of through the end of the year. Lol.

Jump Festa could also be used as a post-launch event and they might even announce DLC or something there.

Squall Strife

Mist definitely E3 will have some sort of demo at E3. It would be pretty weird if the game game out in July & there was no demo a month prior but that has happened before on other flagship titles from other series. A demo isn't really required it's just another way to promote the game.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Mist definitely E3 will have some sort of demo at E3. It would be pretty weird if the game game out in July & there was no demo a month prior but that has happened before on other flagship titles from other series. A demo isn't really required it's just another way to promote the game.

It might not be out in July though either. I think there will be a demo either way. As much as I’ve theorized for July, I know it’s probably not gonna happen. Or rather, it isn’t wise to assume it will. But if it does, I could see the E3 demo being released to the public like FFXV’s Platinum Demo. It would help bring attention to the game a lot faster, for sure.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

E3 (June 12-14th)
Gamescom (August 21-26)
Jump Festa (December ?)

Paris Games Week: October 26-30.

If KH3 releases mid-late December, then PSX is another possibility.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
There's also PAX Aus in late October. They merged with the EB Expo where Kingdom Hearts 1.5, 2.5, and 2.8 have had demos so any Australians / New Zealanders who are desperate should book for that event in Melbourne.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
So that’s seven-nine possible events. I’m hoping we don’t see too much new material at all of them. I’m wondering if we might get a big showing at E3, but then they’ll pull back again until Dragon Quest and Tomb Raider release? Not that KH would be totally absent, but that those games would be the focus of the other events between July-September? Then KH3 and Left Alive could be their full focus from TGS onward.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Kingdom Hearts is big in Germany. There's no way that Square Enix would not have it at Gamescom in August, alongside their other games. We know Tomb Raider will have a trailer there, but it's also likely that KH will as well. We've had KH trailers come from Gamescom in the past as well.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
So that’s seven-nine possible events. I’m hoping we don’t see too much new material at all of them. I’m wondering if we might get a big showing at E3, but then they’ll pull back again until Dragon Quest and Tomb Raider release? Not that KH would be totally absent, but that those games would be the focus of the other events between July-September? Then KH3 and Left Alive could be their full focus from TGS onward.

Once they kick off their marketing campaign, you should expect to see KH3 every month until release. Renders, screenshots and basic plot points for each and every world, with trailers showing even parts of the secret ending.

SE is not going to put KH3 in the backseat just because they have other games releasing. A company can promote more than one game at a time. And if we're lucky, Disney will put a lot of support behind it as well.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Kingdom Hearts is big in Germany. There's no way that Square Enix would not have it at Gamescom in August, alongside their other games. We know Tomb Raider will have a trailer there, but it's also likely that KH will as well. We've had KH trailers come from Gamescom in the past as well.

Yeah, if there was a new trailer at one event per month, I think that would be enough. So maybe E3, SDCC, Gamescom, TGS, Paris Games Week/PAX Aus, and then it could release in November. Five-six trailers would be more than enough coupled with some social media teasers and magazine features.

I just don’t think it’s necessary to see two-three new full length trailers within a month of each other.

I’d like two-three more world reveal trailers, one or two story trailers, and a final trailer that features quick non-spoiler shots of a bunch of Disney characters and short bits of gameplay from the various worlds, possibly teasing MX for the first time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back