• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Will Missing-Link actually connect all of the mysteries and provide answers to us?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
From Sign’s master post thread:

• Set during a blank time period between UX and DR
  • A story that connects all of the mysteries up to now

Do you think Missing-Link will actually cover all of the mysteries fans have wanted the answers to?

Would keeping track of that be a tough order for Nomura and the team behind Missing-Link?

Or do you think that, in spite of “up to now,” it will answer the lingering questions from UX only since it’s set between the two mobile games?

Or do you think it actually will connect every mystery left?

kvyra

Awards
More answers to more questions. I personally hope answer some questions about Luxord, Demyx

Awards
It'll only answer the questions that we aren't asking, and don't care about. IE: How did Scala go from looking like Victorian era London, to modern Greece? I don't care. Tell me how it relates to Daybreak Town, and Radiant Garden. Tell me where this whole huge ass city's populace went.

NoWay

Awards
Missing-Link seems like to have the ✨story ✨which wants to resolve everything we want lol

Muke

whatever
Awards
Looking at the track record of the series, it's pretty clear to me that Missing-Link will NOT answer all the questions that are left. I think it will mostly be about UX and Dark Road stuff. Honestly, that's for the better. I think this should be the last time that the past of the Dark Seeker Saga is dealt with. I want the future of KHIV to be a more-or-less blank slate. Obviously the X-UX-Dark Road games and some KHIII elements tie in with the new saga, which is good there has been some buildup. But I don't want KHIV to deal with miscellaneous questions from KHII.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
But I don't want KHIV to deal with miscellaneous questions from KHII.
That's exactly the kind of thing that prompted this thread. The idea of it connecting the mysteries seems impossible since we still have mysteries like why Riku handed Kairi that Keyblade in II and I can't imagine how a mobile game set between two other mobile games could answer that.

I hope we get clarification from Nomura or the full event video soon to shed light on whether it's ALL mysteries or the mysteries from UX only.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
That's exactly the kind of thing that prompted this thread. The idea of it connecting the mysteries seems impossible since we still have mysteries like why Riku handed Kairi that Keyblade in II and I can't imagine how a mobile game set between two other mobile games could answer that.
Oh I'm sure the book of prophecies has a whole chapter on that. There'll be a whole event dedicated to them talking about it.

But in all seriousness, I agree that it's likely to only adress stuff from UX and DR. I don't really expect it to answer too many other questions like how Kairi's grandmother knew so much about the age of fairy tales or what Naminé's deal is or any of the other questions we have that have gone ignored or forgotten over the years. It might address who Luxord and Demyx are, but I kind of doubt it and assume that'll be addressed in KH4.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
I'm only expecting the big things
- How Ephemera founded Scala and what happened to him (possibly related to his appearance in KHIII)
- difference between gothic Scala and modern Scala
- Sigurd's role and Brain's ultimate fate
- the events which prompt Xehanort's removal from Scala

Being KH, of course this game won't just have a straightforward "here's how we got from A to B" story, especially when the trailer literally says "everything is connected."
But without anything more about the game I can't even begin to speculate how far-reaching Missing-Link's narrative might be.
Given the UX precedent we shouldn't be surprised if Nomura once again uses a mobile game to dump franchise-upheaving lore.

why Riku handed Kairi that Keyblade in II
That Nomura finally addressed this at all shocks me more than the idea that there might actually be an answer

Back