• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Will SE pull a Mindf**k with BBS?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Abbot

For some odd reason, I think you're only talking about America.

Precious few fans? There are more than a few. And there are too many to call them precious.

And CoD and Halo have been around for a while. That's not new.
There are plenty of gamers who prefer J-RPGs over FPSs. Look around you.
And 'mainstream statistics' are never reliable. Those only take into account one stream of gamers. There are more people outside of mainstream.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
♫;4423015 said:
Yes, but KH is also losing its precious few fans that it has to the new era of gaming.

Losing fans that joined when KH1 first came out? Sure.
But Disney breeds a new group every year. As long as there are children who love Disney (combined with proper marketing), a new fan-base will emerge. I mean, you really have nothing to back up your claim that KH is losing fans besides your own assumptions.

Iridium

Snobby Von PersnicketyBitch
Awards
♫;4423015 said:
Yes, but KH is also losing its precious few fans that it has to the new era of gaming. This includes massive multiplayer FPS like Halo and CoD. Todays generation of gamers have dumped japanese-inspired titles for those more engaging and intense ones. Face it, in todays' society, japanese titles are losing popularoty, to both the real world(well, it never was populer there) and the gaming one.

BBS won't be revolutionary. It'll just be another KH game.

Well it's not like the series is dying out. If anything the fanbase is growing, give or take a few people have moved on but they're replaced with more fans. Do you have any idea how large the RPG fanbase is? It's huge, might not be as big as others but it's still quite large in size. Cultures are blending all of the time, but it's not with the flick of a wrist either.

Japan has really just started to get into the swing of things so I wouldn't doubt it's potential just yet. BBS might not be revolutionary at this point, but it seems to be shaping up into a fantastic game which could be a crowning achievement for SE. Might not be in terms of actual popularity but in the sense that they created a great game for people to enjoy.

PS. I suck at debates :v

Sexy Angel
I would suggest lack of public news on recent KH games by major gaming websites/industrys would contribute to a depression of KH fans.

Look at this site. Look at how many people are KH fans vs. the people who are here to Bs' around.

In gaming industry, popular games are FPS', RPGs and MMOs are losing ground to the raising demand of online multiplayers. Its common knowledge. While Days does have multuplayer, it isn't online nor is it very fun, in accordance to recent reviews of it.

@Iri: i know dude, lol. I dont even know why im here, im supposed to take a shower

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
♫;4423055 said:
I would suggest lack of public news on recent KH games by major gaming websites/industrys would contribute to a depression of KH fans.
I would contribute the lack of public news to... a lack of public news. We are a site that reports on Kingdom Hearts goings on in Japan and abroad. Big video-game news sites (IGN, etc..) don't start posting stuff until the game is close to release in the United States.

This site goes through periods of almost complete inactivity (when it comes to KH), to being absolutely booming. Of course it doesn't seem like Kingdom Hearts is super big right now, but those feelings become more apparent when games actually become released. Like with KHII.

Look at this site. Look at how many people are KH fans vs. the people who are here to Bs' around.
There are a lot of Kingdom Hearts fans on this site, just most don't really, um... matter here? I don't know what I'm trying to say.

I'm not saying Kingdom Hearts is the most popular game in the world. It's not. But the fan-base has grown, if anything. And will continue to do so as more games/news arrives. That's how it works.

Sexy Angel
I would contribute the lack of public news to... a lack of public news. We are a site that reports on Kingdom Hearts goings on in Japan and abroad. Big video-game news sites (IGN, etc..) don't start posting stuff until the game is close to release in the United States.

KH Days. Where do you see that? Boom-shaka-laka.

This site goes through periods of almost complete inactivity (when it comes to KH), to being absolutely booming. Of course it doesn't seem like Kingdom Hearts is super big right now, but those feelings become more apparent when games actually become released. Like with KHII.

Only the first KH was "super big." Everything else has been represented with moderate interest.

There are a lot of Kingdom Hearts fans on this site, just most don't really, um... matter here? I don't know what I'm trying to say.

#junes, etc. Those people are the only guys that make this forum interesting.

I'm not saying Kingdom Hearts is the most popular game in the world. It's not. But the fan-base has grown, if anything. And will continue to do so as more games/news arrives. That's how it works.

Compare the KH fanbase to other Fan bases. Ours is on the small side of the charts.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
♫;4423167 said:
KH Days. Where do you see that? Boom-shaka-laka.
Um. There's been several articles, actually. Which will presumably be followed by one after the game's release. A full review.

Only the first KH was "super big." Everything else has been represented with moderate interest.
Kingdom Hearts II sold more, actually. I'm pretty sure.

#junes, etc. Those people are the only guys that make this forum interesting.
There are less of them then there are of KH-fans, yeah. That's what I said.

Compare the KH fanbase to other Fan bases. Ours is on the small side of the charts.
I never claimed it wasn't?

Sexy Angel
Um. There's been several articles, actually. Which will presumably be followed by one after the game's release. A full review.

I haven't seen a single one that was on the main page of a gaming website and/or on a youtube game channel.

Kingdom Hearts II sold more, actually. I'm pretty sure.

And look what KH2 has done for the franchise.

I never claimed it wasn't?
[/QUOTE]

It's growing, but not as much as others. I personally believe we lose more then we gain.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
♫;4423205 said:
I haven't seen a single one that was on the main page of a gaming website and/or on a youtube game channel.
I don't know how to respond to this other than "I have". So, er, yeah.

And look what KH2 has done for the franchise.
This isn't about that. It's about popularity. KHII brought a lot of popularity to the franchise. (At it's initial release, meaning... it brought in a lot more new fans. New games tend to do that.)

It's growing, but not as much as others. I personally believe we lose more then we gain.
Well obviously it's not going to be as big as some games.

But, really. This is pointless. Neither of us is going to be proven right/wrong until a poll comes out or something. So, yeah. We'll just have to wait until a major KH-title (aka, KHIII) is put into motion to see how much interest is still out there.

Abbot

♫;4423055 said:
In gaming industry, popular games are FPS', RPGs and MMOs are losing ground to the raising demand of online multiplayers.

...That made no sense. Anyways.

Also, no, FPSs aren't the only popular games. As I have said, you're only taking mainstream into account.

Like Iridium said, the RPG Fanbase is huge. HUGE. I doubt FPSs are going to overtake RPGs anytime soon. If ever, really.

Kingdom Hearts is no exception. As long as games are dished out, there are fans. And whether a game is 'exceptional' or 'revolutionary' is all in the eyes of the beholder. Perspective matters, and is different from person to person. To me, BBS looks like it's going to be great. Much better than KH2.

Sexy Angel
...That made no sense. Anyways.

Also, no, FPSs aren't the only popular games. As I have said, you're only taking mainstream into account.

Like Iridium said, the RPG Fanbase is huge. HUGE. I doubt FPSs are going to overtake RPGs anytime soon. If ever, really.

Ya lol, i saw that.

Anyway. In recent surveys, that i have seen, from major gaming companies, FPS' are now a more popular genre of games. Following ups are usually Action/Adventure, sometimes plateformers, THEN MMOs.

In the name of public opinion, FPS are more popular. Either that, or MMO'ers were too busy to get off their computers to vote.

FBS' are also popular in the real world, compared to other genres (excluding sports). You wont see some dude walking down the street boasting about his WoW status. You'd hear how he teabag that 6-year-old in Halo last night.

Abbot

Public opinion. When has public opinion mattered in the name of video gaming? I'm pretty sure private opinions made sales.
Well, I guess public opinion adds to the bandwagon factor. "Hey, Tommy bought CoD 5763065! I should, too!"

Either way, public or private, these games are still going to be sold, and made, and to individual people, they're going to make a lasting impression. And I guess that's the point I wanted to make.

♫;4423243 said:
FBS' are also popular in the real world, compared to other genres (excluding sports). You wont see some dude walking down the street boasting about his WoW status. You'd hear how he teabag that 6-year-old in Halo last night.

And that is why I fear for society today.

Sexy Angel
Public opinion. When has public opinion mattered in the name of video gaming? I'm pretty sure private opinions made sales.
Well, I guess public opinion adds to the bandwagon factor. "Hey, Tommy bought CoD 5763065! I should, too!"

Im fairly certain that the opinions of gamers trump the opinions of game makers. How would a game be successful if it didn't appeal to gamers? Public Opinion.

Either way, public or private, these games are still going to be sold, and made, and to individual people, they're going to make a lasting impression. And I guess that's the point I wanted to make.

Aha! The opinions of individuals. Whereas you say that the game will make an impression to fanboys, I say the game will not make an impression on gaming society as a whole. We have reached an agreement and consensus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back