• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Will Sora's Parents be in "Birth by Sleep".

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ForbiddenMemory

Website
www.youtube.com
Back in "Kingdom Hearts", just before Sora left his home, his Mother called for him.

sorasp.jpg

We know very little about Sora, Riku and Kairi's parents at the moment, but do you think "Birth by Sleep" will introduce them into the plotline?

All we do know about Sora, Kairi and Riku's family is:

Sora - Has a Mother (Sora's House, when the storm begins)
Kairi - Is adopted by the local Mayor. Has a grandmother who lived in Hollow Bastion.
Riku - Has a Mother and Father (During the storm, Riku says "We may never see, our parents again).

[Riku's statement may mean that Sora and Kairi may have more parents but this hasn't been confirmed]

As "Birth by Sleep" is set 10 years before "Kingdom Hearts" began Sora and Kairi would be 4 years old and Riku, 5 years old.

They would've stayed in Destiny Islands as they were too young to leave, and they would of been with their parent's a lot prior their age (I think).

What do you all think?

Do you think Parent's will be introduced during BbS and if you think they will, who?

If there is anymore family member's I've missed out please tell me.

Thank You for reading, hope you reply!

Last edited:

Chrono Mizaki

Banned
I know people are going to introduce the whole "Family in KH doesn't matter" bullshit, but I would love to see them. Why? I want SoRiKai to act like... what, actual children? With actual parents? With actual personality suited to what a child should be.

Sure, I don't want them to be major characters, but at least a couple of cutscenes would make me happy. Plus really, if I could at least develop something for the KH series, it would be parents... or family issues between Sora and his mom because he's been missing for like a year (Yeah, she might've forgot. But she must've remembered that he's been missing for a year. I mean, come on... Sora is her fucking baby for christ sake)

Attemisc

The parents don't have to be in the game to know that they're there. The honest truth is Kingdom Hearts is one of those stories about the youth saving the world. In those stories, the parents don't matter. Know why? Because for most teenagers in real life, they're parents don't matter. Teens want to get away from not just their parents but the idea of parents. For a modern teenager, parents and adults are the enemy. That's why in games like these, the hero is a young teen. His friends are typically older but not quite adults. The bad guys are all adults or in some cases the best friend gone bad (Riku) who eventually sees the light. Simple pattern, always works and the kids eat it up like candy because these stories are designed to fit into the modern youth's lives so they can relate to them.

Since BBS follows TAV, I can't imagine how we'd see SRK's parents simply because I can't imagine why TAV would encounter them. In my opinion, it would ruin the game if Sora or Riku wound up being born from like keyblade masters like some people keep theorizing, because then the "average boy gets a super power and goes on a grand adventure" thing would just crumble.

Kairi, however, well I hope it's just cleared up if she was a normal girl or if she was Ansem's kid or grandchild. If she's just a normal girl like I hope, then I don't want to see the parents or even hear about them.

But hey, it wouldn't be terrible if Sora had a line in the next KH game with something about his parents scolding him for being gone or something. But the series doesn't need to see the parents. And if people really want some child - parent drama, just go play Final Fantasy X and listen to Tidus whine about how his daddy didn't love him for, oh I dunno, THE WHOLE GAME.

Opinion added to forum.

A

Audo

Truth is, it doesn't matter.

Yes, in theory, they exist. Sora's parents, Riku's parents, etc. They exist. But since they are not important to the storyline they will most likely never be given an on screen role. The only time they are ever mentioned is in the first two games.

They are used more to establish that - yes - these kids are in fact children and not independent creatures without parents. Outside of that, they hold no real role.

If you were to introduce someone like Kairi's parents or something like that in BBS, than it would beg the question why they aren't brought up in the other games, or why they aren't looking for their daughter, etc. It just becomes more difficult to figure and deal with, especially for something that will most likely hold no serious impact on the story.

I mean, I wouldn't mind seeing Sora's Parents, or something like that. But it isn't necessary. And given the fact that we will already see all of the original apprentices, and Axel and Saix as somebodies, it just seems like introducing the parents wouldn't be worth it, when other, more important, characters could be shown.

Keyblade-War

Artist
Awards
Website
www.Codeleakers.com
I dont think they will be and it dosent really matter, actually i hope there not in it beacause it be kind of stupid, "Hey mom i've have'nt been home in like 3 years, So how's dad?".

A

Azrael

Back in "Kingdom Hearts", just before Sora left his home, his Mother called for him.

sorasp.jpg

We know very little about Sora, Riku and Kairi's parents at the moment, but do you think "Birth by Sleep" will introduce them into the plotline?

All we do know about Sora, Kairi and Riku's family is:

Sora - Has a Mother (Sora's House, when the storm begins)
Kairi - Is adopted by the local Mayor. Has a grandmother who lived in Hollow Bastion.
Riku - Has a Mother and Father (During the storm, Riku says "We may never see, our parents again).

[Riku's statement may mean that Sora and Kairi may have more parents but this hasn't been confirmed]

As "Birth by Sleep" is set 10 years before "Kingdom Hearts" began Sora and Kairi would be 4 years old and Riku, 5 years old.

They would've stayed in Destiny Islands as they were too young to leave, and they would of been with their parent's a lot prior their age (I think).

What do you all think?

Do you think Parent's will be introduced during BbS and if you think they will, who?

If there is anymore family member's I've missed out please tell me.

Thank You for reading, hope you reply!

I don't want Sora's Mom appearing although we can hear their voice

Rytackle22

Zombie Hunter
Awards
Wonder what Sora's mom is thinking when he doesnt come home for dinner then shows up 3 years later with new clothes, a big ass key, a talking dog, a talking (sort of) duck, a talking overgrown mouse, and STILL NO FACIAL HAIR!

A

Azrael

Wonder what Sora's mom is thinking when he doesnt come home for dinner then shows up 3 years later with new clothes, a big ass key, a talking dog, a talking (sort of) duck, a talking overgrown mouse, and STILL NO FACIAL HAIR!

Sora has three years of school and grounding to make up for.

Unless Sora's parents were killed when the Heartless came to DI in KHI

LionHeart14

I think maybe a mention of them would be nice. I mean, these kids have been gone for over a year. I think their parents would be a little concerned.
As for BBS, I'm all for having their parents in it, but I hope they at least influence the story a little bit. But yeah, I'd like for them to actually have parents
Oh, also, do you think Sora's parents forgot about him during CoM? I imagine that they wouldn't forget him completely, him being their son and all, but do you think it would've been like Kairi's memory of him? They remember having a son, but they can't picture him?

A

Azrael

I think maybe a mention of them would be nice. I mean, these kids have been gone for over a year. I think their parents would be a little concerned.
As for BBS, I'm all for having their parents in it, but I hope they at least influence the story a little bit. But yeah, I'd like for them to actually have parents

Hearing their voice to make their kids come home or something would be the most I want.

Nintandy

Bronze Member
Haha there could always be Jecht moaning on about Tidus. As for Sora and co I don't really think it's necessary, but I wouldn't mind a cameo or two. Perhaps just a photograph or something in Sora's house. To be honest I'm more excited about seeing all the Organization members in their human forms now :D.

Nintandy

Bronze Member
Either that or Sin comes along and wrecks the beach haha! Actually that sounds like something they'd do in KH3 when Tidus is a little more grown up o_O.

A

Azrael

Haha there could always be Jecht moaning on about Tidus. As for Sora and co I don't really think it's necessary, but I wouldn't mind a cameo or two. Perhaps just a photograph or something in Sora's house. To be honest I'm more excited about seeing all the Organization members in their human forms now :D.

You won't see all of them.

Just the Apprentices besides Xehanort and definetely Lea and Saix's other.

The Jecht idea is pwnsome for Tee-dus

Nintandy

Bronze Member
Well the initial apprentices at least, that was what I intended to say :) and.. well I didn't know Axel's true name, I was kinda waiting 'til 358/2 Days, but I guess you've just confirmed it for me haha. He should be in too, which will be interesting.

About Jecht, it just sprung to mind, since I've been replaying FFX to kill some spare time over the Summer. On the theme of parents and such it could tie in, although I have a feeling it won't happen. Some FF cameos would be great though.

Mr. Wilhelm

Also Sprach Zarathustra
Website
www.animus-sorrow.org
I want to see them. The world in KH most often looks empty if it's not for the heartless, as meaningless they could bring something good to KH: making the world feel alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back