• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

will the nobodies be enemies?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

digimikej

Awards
I only ask this because, unlike every other enemy, every single nobody can think for themselves, therefore, after being tricked by xehanort once, will they follow him again, or fight for revenge against him? i can see every enemy but the nobodies join him for this reason.

Nutari

The Scotsman
Awards
Neither. If anything the Nobodies will just run rampant, without any guidance. The basic nobody can think, but at a level that it can plan its attacks. I somehow doubt that Dusks have rational thought. Only special nobodies have complex thinking.

JustSnilloc

Huh? The only Nobodies who are capable of thinking for themselves were the human level Organization Tier Nobodies... As all other Nobodies act on instinct, as do the heartless... Both may also be commanded.

Thus in future games we'll probably see them as enemies again

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
Huh? The only Nobodies who are capable of thinking for themselves were the human level Organization Tier Nobodies... As all other Nobodies act on instinct, as do the heartless... Both may also be commanded.

Thus in future games we'll probably see them as enemies again

I though Yen Sid said all nobodies are able to think. The dusk that Roxas encounters at the begining of KH2 was able to speak to him "We have come for you my liege" showing that the lesser nobodies can think, but that they cannot think anywhere near as high a level as the humanoid nobodies (The dusks were not able to tell the difference between pictures of Roxas and Roxas himself, which is why they stole the photos of Roxas before they actually encountered the real Roxas). So they can think, but on a much lower level than Organization XIII.

JustSnilloc

I though Yen Sid said all nobodies are able to think. The dusk that Roxas encounters at the begining of KH2 was able to speak to him "We have come for you my liege" showing that the lesser nobodies can think, but that they cannot think anywhere near as high a level as the humanoid nobodies (The dusks were not able to tell the difference between pictures of Roxas and Roxas himself, which is why they stole the photos of Roxas before they actually encountered the real Roxas). So they can think, but on a much lower level than Organization XIII.

While they do function on a higher level than the heartless, thought on the level of sentience doesn't occur. Only thought on a sentient level would result in "rebellious behavior" like that of not following the organization.

As far as the Dusk speaking "We have come for you my liege" line, this shows that Dusks are capable of speech, but it doesn't show that they have a high level of intellegence... It would be simple enough to have a Parrot relay a message right? I'm guessing it's a similar case for the Nobodies (though they're obviously more capable than parrots). Basically a Dusk could be ordered to let Roxas know that they came for him, speak the line, then do what it took to do so.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
While they do function on a higher level than the heartless, thought on the level of sentience doesn't occur. Only thought on a sentient level would result in "rebellious behavior" like that of not following the organization.

As far as the Dusk speaking "We have come for you my liege" line, this shows that Dusks are capable of speech, but it doesn't show that they have a high level of intellegence... It would be simple enough to have a Parrot relay a message right? I'm guessing it's a similar case for the Nobodies (though they're obviously more capable than parrots). Basically a Dusk could be ordered to let Roxas know that they came for him, speak the line, then do what it took to do so.

Yeah, that is basically what I meant. Like a zombie but not completely mindless, just with the most basic level of thought enough so to follow orders and formulate simple plans to carry out those orders. But not enough ability to think as to form anything even coming close to humanoid nobody intellegence.

I've got to admit though, I still can't help but feel sorry for the lesser nobodies. Considering how Xemnas never intended for any nobody (humanoid or lesser) to get hearts of their heart, and combining that with how they are just tools to the organization, it shows what a sad existence they have. Just deformed empty shells that carry on living with only the most basic and simplistic ability to think, doomed to serve as tools and eventually to fade away.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
The lesser Nobodies will probably very well still be enemies. After all, Xemnas is back and he is the "ruler" of the Nobodies so he will most likely command them.

As for the Ex-Organisation members I could see Ienzo, Aeleus, Even and possibly Dilan (if he isn't a darkness) teaming up with the good guys (specifically Lea) or at least be benevolently neutral.

Awards

You're pulling this from absolutely nowhere.
Yensid states that Nobodies are capable of thinking and planning, and he never specifies further than that. He meant Nobodies in general. Planning and language require a higher level of thought because they deal with the abstract and hypothetical. Even if just in one instance, a regular Nobody was shown to be capable of speech, and you have no actual reason to believe that this was just "parroting."

Nobodies don't lose their minds, why would they lose its function? Perhaps to some degree they're impaired but not on the level you're suggesting.

With that in mind, it's difficult to see why the Nobodies would follow neo-Organization XIII. They must have been aware of the end goal of the Organization, from which they'd directly benefit. And when they realize this was a lie, and the actual purpose is for reigniting a war that they have no part in, then they'd rationally want nothing to do with it.

Even so, I'm sure they'll end up being enemies anyway. Either they'll come up with some explanation (like mind control or a new objective) or just forget to offer an explanation altogether and not actually think things through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back