• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Will there be mild language in KH 3D or other future KH games?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazing

In Kingdom Hearts Birth by sleep Maleficent says her original lines from the movie Sleeping Beauty "Behold the powers of hell" so it got me thinking there may be usage of the word "hell". Anyone else think so? Would KH scenes be more powerful with language such as that?

Awards
In that sense, it's not technically a curse word, it's a place. It's a curse word when used as an interjection or something.

I personally doubt that there will be cursing later. The rating and aim would be different, after all... Although Axel kinda cursed in CoM.

Axеl

Website
z7.invisionfree.com
Unless I'm really wrong somewhere Axel pulled that in the original Chain of Memories as well, but it does bring to mind Frollo and what lines of his might get repeated in 3D. But in Maleficent's case she's being totally literal, it's not to be profane for dramatic effect, so I don't really expect that to be a trend. Everything Disney is just an echo of itself in Kingdom Hearts anyway, the originals are going to be more powerful.

If they did turn towards something more mature and we actually got people like Riku saying "Damn!" or the like, thennnn...huh, I think it'd make it gritty. But I don't see Disney allowing any of this.

Amazing

I'm curious as to how they can manage a Hunchback of Notre Dame world without any signs of grittyness. I mean that movie was the darkest of any Disney movies and it's usage of religious themes and prosecution of gypsies.

blank points

Awards
Even though they already did that in the orginal COM, I highly doubt Disney would allow it in any future games. One thing to rememeber is that in Sleeping Beauty and HOND, hell wasn't used in the curse form. It was being literal, as stated above. Likewise, although they may do so again in Frollo's lines in the game, KH will likely still clear from anything of that sort.

Leflores

I don't think there will be any more language than 'hell'. It would kind of take away the 'feel' of KH.

choco-pocky

I highly doubt there would be any foul language in a kingdom hearts game. I've only heard the word hell used in the games and it technically wasn't used as a swear word. The only time it was used as a swear word, like everybody else said, was in COM.

The only time I would want foul language in kingdom hearts would be in traumatic scenes. That way the language is used to enhance those powerful moments. Other then that I do not want that kind of language in Kingdom Hearts.

Axеl

Website
z7.invisionfree.com
The only time I would want foul language in kingdom hearts would be in traumatic scenes. That way the language is used to enhance those powerful moments. Other then that I do not want that kind of language in Kingdom Hearts.

This. Yes. It would be an "oh crap" moment if someone as level-headed as Sora lashed back with a curse after Kairi or someone got hurt. But I think it depends in part on the age they're aiming for and again Disney'd probably censor a lot. For instance the Japanese version of Saix uses a particularly filthy form of "you" towards Riku, Sora straight up threatens to kill Saix, and they even saw fit to censor Axel's death and Xigbar's target graphic, so I mean.

D.D.D

Stuffed in a sack and being thrown through a magic
I can see it now:
Sora: Go to f*cking hell, you shizztastic old ba*tard!
MX: Darkness, the dark, dark, f*cking hell, muthafu*ker, whuh...dark?
Sora: No, light the light is the muthaf*ckin' light!
MX: Dark! Dark is the shizz!
*Every other main character just stands back in silence. But in the dim, King Mickey walks forward calmly with Keyblade in tow. Suddenly he races forward and says:*
Mickey: Fcuk this! FEEL THE WRATH OF MY DISNEY CENSORING POWER!
*Then he pulls a Yoda move and they both stop swearing. Sora and MX have been put under the spell of DISNEY CENSORING POWER. Now, unable to wrench themselves free of this strange magic, they both start to hug each other and apologize, and the horizon starts to sparkle with rainbows and candy.*
I can see more violence in KH. But not any harsh swearing except for a "Hell" here and there. I mean, you guys have seen that scene in the DDD Jump Festa trailer, right? Where Ansem picks up Frollo's knife in Notre Dame and points it at Riku? I mean, I'm surprised they even let SE do that.
Then again, it'll probably be censored in the American release and Ansem will be holding a stick, or something non-threatening.

Last edited:

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
I hope so, their situations are WAY too harsh for just "darn!" and "oh no!"
I agree. While I doubt it would actually happen this way, it would seem to me that the story is generally high-intensity enough to warrant a "damn!" or "crap!" where too often Disney language is enforced. That being said, I'd find it uncanny for the KH kids to resort to stronger language along the lines of what would be censored on these forums.

Really, though, I would just love to watch Donald curse manically at a repentant Goofy for a minute-and-a-half while Sora stares, shocked and not a little bit concerned.

Love Machine

strut strut strut
Curse words are fine as long as they are not used offensively towards another. that's my philosophy on the subject and it always has been

Sky Lily

Website
sky-lily.deviantart.com
I can see it now:
Sora: Go to f*cking hell, you shizztastic old ba*tard!
MX: Darkness, the dark, dark, f*cking hell, muthafu*ker, whuh...dark?
Sora: No, light the light is the muthaf*ckin' light!
MX: Dark! Dark is the shizz!
*Every other main character just stands back in silence. But in the dim, King Mickey walks forward calmly with Keyblade in tow. Suddenly he races forward and says:*
Mickey: Fcuk this! FEEL THE WRATH OF MY DISNEY CENSORING POWER!
*Then he pulls a Yoda move and they both stop swearing. Sora and MX have been put under the spell of DISNEY CENSORING POWER. Now, unable to wrench themselves free of this strange magic, they both start to hug each other and apologize, and the horizon starts to sparkle with rainbows and candy.*
I can see more violence in KH. But not any harsh swearing except for a "Hell" here and there. I mean, you guys have seen that scene in the DDD Jump Festa trailer, right? Where Ansem picks up Frollo's knife in Notre Dame and points it at Riku? I mean, I'm surprised they even let SE do that.
Then again, it'll probably be censored in the American release and Ansem will be holding a stick, or something non-threatening.

You.

You just made my day xD

To be honest I agree with some others, here, in that cussing in Kingdom Hearts would kind of take away from the feel of the game, mild as they may be. Any other game I could probably deal, but there are just some that would do better without and to me, KH is one of those.

Love Machine

strut strut strut
It's not like I'm going to go insane screaming to my family, "SORA JUST SAID **** AND *** HOLY ****" like a seven year old.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back