• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Will they update the Re: Chain of Memories model to the Dream Drop Distance versions?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
When you booted up Re: Chain of Memories for Kingdom Hearts 1.5, the character models for Sora, Donald, Goofy, Riku, Mickey, Namine and Ansem, Seeker of Darkness were not updated to their Dream Drop Distance versions like Kingdom Hearts was. With the extra time provided to Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 + 2.5 Remix, do you think Re: Chain of Memories will have select character models updated?

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
All the cutscenes in Re:CoM are prerendered. The models were unchanged for consistency with the scenes. So no, they won't change them.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
All the cutscenes in Re:CoM are prerendered. The models were unchanged for consistency with the scenes. So no, they won't change them.

That's a shame. Unless Square Enix are actually willing to dig out the PS2 version of Re: Chain of Memories and remaster it for 1.5+2.5 Remix without the cutscenes being "pre-rendered" then that's a missed opportunity. It's going to be especially awkward when you get a PS4 Pro compatible version of Re: Chain of Memories with those muddy PS2 textures...

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
Ideally, Re:CoM would get fixed, both music, graphics and model-wise. But I doubt it will happen since they barely did anything for it in the first place for 1.5.

The sad part is, Re:CoM and BbS are the ones that need to be fixed the most for the HD package but will more likely than not be the least tinkered with.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Ideally, Re:CoM would get fixed, both music, graphics and model-wise. But I doubt it will happen since they barely did anything for it in the first place for 1.5.

The sad part is, Re:CoM and BbS are the ones that need to be fixed the most for the HD package but will more likely than not be the least tinkered with.
I'd want the bugs in KH2FM to be fixed before BBS or CoM got upscaled anyways.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards

My thoughts exactly. Like I mentioned in the Jump Festa thread: this ReMix package will be released during the series' anniversary month. The least they can do is fix those bugs. =/

But on the topic of graphics: Remasters tend to be easy, lazy cash grabs. I doubt Square will invest any extra money besides porting the PS3 version to PS4.

Muke

whatever
Awards
My thoughts exactly. Like I mentioned in the Jump Festa thread: this ReMix package will be released during the series' anniversary month. The least they can do is fix those bugs. =/

But on the topic of graphics: Remasters tend to be easy, lazy cash grabs. I doubt Square will invest any extra money besides porting the PS3 version to PS4.
Well, they did say there will be graphical improvements, so

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards

The only bug I encountered in 2.5 (both in 2FM and BbSFM) was selecting a world on the world map and IMMEDIATELY getting booted to the title select screen. It wasn't often, but it happened enough to where it was definitely upsetting/grating (and sometimes happened more than once in one session of playing). I can't think of any other bugs with 2FM that I encountered atm, but of course bugs should always be the first priority.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
What?! I disagree! I don't want some nasty cheaters skipping through it. I worked hard to get through that hell. I want to make sure everyone else has to also! :wink:

It's not about cheating, it's about speedrunning.
Having the bug doesn't damage anyone since you can decide to do it normally, having it removed would cause a big loss for the speedrunning community.
It's a nice and fresh challenge, different from the other tricks used in your average KH II speedrun.

appleboy82791

Awards
Man, I thought this was asking more would Re: CoM get updated to the DDD fighting system.
I know it doesn't really go with the story but THAT I would be all for :p

I'm with you. I'd be extremely excited if they scrapped the current Re:CoM gameplay mechanics. I despise the gameplay of that game. I'm really glad that they're finally giving us all KH games on PS4. But I almost don't want it because that means I have to play through Re:CoM 6 more times! Ugh... kill me now.

And I highly doubt they're going to make any major changes like that. In fact, I'll even guarantee that it won't happen. There's really no incentive for SE to do it.

dwroxas16

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
I'm with you. I'd be extremely excited if they scrapped the current Re:CoM gameplay mechanics. I despise the gameplay of that game. I'm really glad that they're finally giving us all KH games on PS4. But I almost don't want it because that means I have to play through Re:CoM 6 more times! Ugh... kill me now.

And I highly doubt they're going to make any major changes like that. In fact, I'll even guarantee that it won't happen. There's really no incentive for SE to do it.

Oh absolutely no chance. But That fighting system is garbage, hence an innovation of something like BbS or DDD system would be well welcomed.
I'm trying to replay 1.5 and 2.5 before 2.8 comes out and I'm just at the point where i'm 90% sure I'm going to skip Re: CoM solely because of those stupid cards.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Unless Square Enix are actually willing to dig out the PS2 version of Re: Chain of Memories and remaster it for 1.5+2.5 Remix without the cutscenes being "pre-rendered" then that's a missed opportunity.
Unfortunately I think that would be too much effort for them just because there wouldn't really be much of a gain for the company. It would take a bit of time to do it, they would have to go through the whole cutscene process again which would take time etc.

It's extremely unfortunate but this is what we're stuck with =(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back