• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Will we finally get to face Apprentice Xehanort

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

RonaldPoe

Awards
I saw the trailer for this game and had a thought. After all the hype since KH2, we never got to fight Apprentice Xehanort (the incarnation of Xehanort with the second biggest impact on the plot next to Master Xehanort himself) nor has Sora actually met this version. Come to think of it, only Lea and Mickey (out of the 7 Lights and such) knew him in this state (between the fight with Aqua and creation of Xemnas). We discussed a while ago why he wasn't a member of the True Organization 13 (it's probably because Ansem and Terranort were fought and that he's more of a scientist than a fighter).

The trailer briefly shows Apprentice Xehanort and implies that he and Kairi (as a little girl) met in Radiant Garden long ago. I think this could be the perfect chance for us to finally face him (probably the last chance too). Since he might not be a fighter, the rhythm game format might actually compliment such a fight (since he wouldn't need a new moveset).

Do you think we'll actually get a boss fight with Apprentice Xehanort? What theme could he be given or will it be a new track? I'm really pumped about this game and the trailer only amplifies that.

I'm thinking about making a remix/theme for a hypothetical AX battle and/or encounter. What KH Tracks should be incorporated (in your opinions)? I'm an electronic musician since high school but I've been a huge Kingdom Hearts fan (I cite the games and Yoko Shimomura as a major influence) since I was 9.

Cumguardian69

Awards
Anort = Terranort = MX in Terra body. He isn't distinct from tnort in any way. Sora and team light already got BODIED by the man once, and likely it's gonna happen to Kairi personally in MoM before Master Riku has to play clean up crew

RonaldPoe

Awards
I get what you mean but there are a couple differences. Terranort was obviously the muscle of the True Organization but A-Nort (love that nickname for him by the way) is clearly a scientist. A-Nort seemed to have more of Terra's personality traits than Terranort but was still mostly MX. Terranort (the version fought by Terra, Aqua, and Sora) didn't have amnesia and was a still keyblade master (as far as I can tell). If we're going to count Young Xehanort (KH3D) and Kid Xehanort (Kingdom Hearts Dark Road) as different incarnations, then A-Nort and Terranort are different.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
As silly as it sounds Apprenticenort or A-Nort (lol) and Terranort can be considered different entities. Terranort, despite not acting like Master Xehanort, is the old man in Terra's body and he knows everything that Master Xehanort should know. A-Nort is that too, but he had amnesia and became a scientist conducting inhuman experiments on his own without any knowledge of his old life, that we know of it's kinda up in the air about his amnesia when he summons No-Name. A-Nort was more or less converted into Ansem Seeker of Darkness by KH3, as he acted as the stand in for the scientist. But even then those two are also different.

I've already expressed my disappointment that A-nort should have been one of the seekers, and could have fit their mad scientist role, if Vexen wasn't a option. This also would have given Kairi a personal opponent at the Keyblade War. A-Nort feels like the perfect villain for the first half of Kairi's story and I feel this is long overdue. I support him being Kairi's final boss even if in a rhythm battle lol. Now watch the hooded figure be someone completely different like Demyx XD

Clue.Less

Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
I'm thinking about making a remix/theme for a hypothetical AX battle and/or encounter. What KH Tracks should be incorporated (in your opinions)? I'm an electronic musician since high school but I've been a huge Kingdom Hearts fan (I cite the games and Yoko Shimomura as a major influence) since I was 9.

This is SO exciting. I'm pouring over the soundtracks to pick out some themes that would be great to remix. Do you already have some things in mind? "Dismiss" from BBS has to be part of it, for sure. In like a second phase of the boss battle.

EDIT: So... My "dump together all A-nort related tracks" playlist has over 70 tracks. My first thoughts are that if this is going to be the Kairi vs. her abuser theme / final boss of Melody of Memory, I don't want this to be just "the Apprentice Xehanort theme" but also a duel with Kairi (which she eventually wins). So it'd be like this epic musical struggle with a story, like the Data-Xion battle music (or a mix of beats and pretty lines like the Scala ad Caelum battle music). There needs to be:
- some version of the Organization XIII theme
- a phase with Ansem's and Xemnas's themes (the data versions are awesome; Forze dell' Oscurita from BBS is already a mix of the two I think?)
- Kairi themes (I particularly like the sounds of "Kairi III", "Kairi II" is interesting, too, and also "Treasured Memories", which is not a Kairi theme, but you know... memories; or "Missing you")
- "Always on my mind"
- maybe samples from the Ansem demise and Xemnas demise cutscene soundtracks
- any version of "Dismiss" (Aqua's fight against Terra-nort)
- as a joke for Kairi being thrown into space, the level 3 gummy ship music from KH1 XD
- I'd love some hints of other lives Apprentice Xehanort has destroyed with his experiments; so maybe the Union X version of Dearly Beloved? "A link to the future" (the BBS end credits, which mixes a bunch of themes, like Aqua's)?
- there's also lots of random samples I love, like the piano lines in the 2.5 "Cavern of Remembrance"
- unfortunately "Desire for all that is lost" will give us the wrong war flashbacks 😂
- all these already include variations on Destati and Dearly Beloved
- not sure which Hollow Bastion / Radiant Garden part should be in there :unsure: not sure about the Final World theme either, although the trailer scene happens up there...

That's a lot, sorry 😅

Last edited:

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
My thing with "A-nort" is that, while he may have the potential to have a different personality than Terranort, that personality is just Ansem in KH3 + Xemnas in KH2. No difference there.

As for gameplay, what would he even do? If he has No Name he'll just be Terranort but "smart". If he doesn't have No Name what would he even use in a fight?

Hedginka

Awards
Nah, the super secret Apprentice Xehanort fight will be reserved for the Kingdom Hearts Cooking Simulator, releasing in 2021. Please be excited.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Even if it isn't in gameplay I'd be fine with Kairi vs. Apprentice Xehanort happening during a cutscenes. I'll take what I can get

Cumguardian69

Awards
Even if it isn't in gameplay I'd be fine with Kairi vs. Apprentice Xehanort happening during a cutscenes. I'll take what I can get
Gonna need Kairi vs ANort in KH3 battle system...it would be a raw deal to get a taste from Remind then instantly relegate her to CUTSCENES or mobile-tier game"play"

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I dunno if "Apprentice Xehanort" can really offer anything new that wasn't already covered by Terra-Xehanort, Ansem SoD and Xemnas. Especially the latter two also embody the "immoral scientist"-aspect with their projects and experiments.
If I remember correctly the Ansem reports in KH 1 also state that Xehanort/Ansem SoD felt not really different after discarding his body so there is more of a continuation in a different form rather than an entirely new existence/essence created.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
As for gameplay, what would he even do? If he has No Name he'll just be Terranort but "smart". If he doesn't have No Name what would he even use in a fight?
There's always other weapons.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
If they do Kairi vs. Apprentice Xehanort in MoM gameplay or cutscene-only, I will be pissed.

Back