• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Cartoon/TV ► Willow (2022)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

palizinhas

Awards
Have y'all seen it yet? It's one of the most random reboots ever, but Lucasfilm doesn't have a lot of established franchises, so they might as well resurrect a cult classic.

I love the corniness of it all, always nice to watch a fantasy show to have pure FUN.

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
Have y'all seen it yet? It's one of the most random reboots ever, but Lucasfilm doesn't have a lot of established franchises, so they might as well resurrect a cult classic.

I love the corniness of it all, always nice to watch a fantasy show to have pure FUN.
I don't think "reboot" is the word for it, as it is a continuation from the original film.

palizinhas

Awards
I don't think "reboot" is the word for it, as it is a continuation from the original film.
Reboot Wikipedia definition: "Whereas a reboot disregards the previous continuity of a work, the term has also been used as a "catch all" phrase to categorize sequel series or general remakes due to the rise of such productions in the late 2010s."

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
Reboot Wikipedia definition: "Whereas a reboot disregards the previous continuity of a work, the term has also been used as a "catch all" phrase to categorize sequel series or general remakes due to the rise of such productions in the late 2010s."
And I'm saying Wikipedia is wrong. Using a phrase wrong should be told as wrong, not allow the misinformation to twist fact.

Willow doesn't disregard anything from the original movie, therefore it is not officially a reboot, but a sequel. The same way the new Indiana Jones movie coming out is also a sequel, or a book coming out 10+ years after the previous entry is a sequel, not a reboot (The Winds of Winter, if it ever releases).

A new Zelda game is also not a reboot. Kingdom Hearts 3 was not a reboot.

Back