• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Windows XP lol :/

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris

I share this account w/ my mom lmao
Awards
(I realized this may be better in Technology, but this is more of a request for help than it is a discussion, so yeah)

Basically, my dad reformatted the family's virus infested computer and reinstalled the software and whatever to start fresh and wipe everything. He basically left me to fix and download everything back onto it. Most things went well, but for some reason, no matter how I adjust the resolution, the text is too big in several areas.

I went to the display advanced settings, and tried adjusting things, but then it just got more confusing cause I didn't really know what the "message box" or "active window border" or "active title bar" meant. I fucked around with it and adjusted things, and now they are all worse, and there is no "restore to default option", so I'm like mega fuckin pissed bro

Here is a picture of my desktop-

The circled parts are what I am concerned about. Why are the icons on the bottom of the taskbar so blurry? Why is the font so big? Why are the taskbar tab's fonts so big? wats goin on!!!!!!!

Any help on how to fix this?

UsagiOkami

The Random Rabbit
Noting that sanity is a point of view... Mine is s
I have XP as well and the settings always confuse the heck out of me as well, I can look through to see if I can see what could change that but mostly the best way is just to keep fiddling and see what everything does, that's what I always did and I managed to personalize my desktop (though I had to change it back because it kept freezing the computer). I'll let you know if I can find anything on it.

Oh and uTorrent rocks btw.

Chris

I share this account w/ my mom lmao
Awards
Yeah, if you figure out what exactly triggers the specific things I mentioned, it would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: apparently I didn't realize switching the theme from "Windows XP modified" to "Windows XP" would bring it back to the default, which helped, so I guess the problem is mostly taken care of.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back