• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► Wish (2023)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Which is probably why it's more comfortable for adults to go watch a CGI DISNEY film. It doesn't feel like a kids movie. I mean 50% of MARVEL films are CGI anyway, so yeah I think adults are more inclined to watching a CGI DISNEY film than a 2D animated one.
For whatever reason, people don't think of 3D films as being cartoons the way they do hand-drawn films--or at least, not to the same degree.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
For whatever reason, people don't think of 3D films as being cartoons the way they do hand-drawn films--or at least, not to the same degree.
It's probably because live action films are now mostly CGI/3D films too lol - just look at MARVEL movies or TV shows like She-Hulk where the protagonist is CGI for half the show.

Sonofjafar

Awards
The problem is adults don’t seem to respect the art of animation unless it is specifically made for them. They don’t understand that classic hand drawn films were supposed to be accessible to everybody. CGI appeals to adults more than 2D because they have no imagination left to see the endless possibilities of animation as an art form.

palizinhas

Awards
Shrek was also when celebrity VAs went from "they show up sometimes and it's usually when they CAN do a great job" to basically becoming the industry norm.

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
Shrek was also when celebrity VAs went from "they show up sometimes and it's usually when they CAN do a great job" to basically becoming the industry norm.
Yup, Aladdin walked so Shrek could run with that trope.

Back