• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Wolf's Rain Collab. Project?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Neglect

Whilst browsing the internet, something that escapes me at the moment evoked reminiscent thoughts of this anime. It prompted a sudden craving inside of me to create a role play of it, since I would imagine that'd be fun. However, my memory of the series is somewhat vague and I'd hate to misattribute any elements of that show. So, I ask you: Would anyone be willing to collaborate on this role-play with me? I'd of course prefer a person knowledgable of the series and in possession of an open mind. My goal is to recreate the atmosphere that the series provided but incorporate new elements into that atmosphere. Anyhow, leave a post if you're interested, or one simply affirming your will to join a Wolf's Rain role-play.

Last edited:

Neglect

A minor update. This bump will also -hopefully- stimulate some interest by wandering eyes. Anyhow, my original plan was to re-watch the entire series before I began on the role-play, though some trouble arose and so I decided I would begin brainstorming and organize my thoughts.

Here are my current thoughts: The role-play will take place three centuries before Wolf's Rain, which would be one hundred years from which all wolves were assumed extinct. Thus, this time period would showcase a large populace of wolves, and perhaps place the role-players in midst of the conflicts between humans and wolves. Ancestors of the noble families(such as Darcia's and Jaguara's) in Wolf's Rain could serve as antagonists, strengthening the interest in wolf hunting through influence or promises of material benefits.

I'll expand on this sometime later, but as for now, I'm open to suggestions. Also, if you're unaware of what Wolf's Rain is, a quick glance at the wikipedia page will be helpful. (Wolf's Rain - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) Even if you've never watched the anime or read the manga, you'll find no difficulty participating in the role-play. That's it for now.

Neglect

I do like the enthusiasm here. As for what I need help with, it's primarily the locations within the world. Some places I do remember, such as Frost City, Kyrios (?), and an island where they met that wolf gang who sold themselves for labor (and the ones responsible for jumping Kiba). I'm short on time at the moment, but other than that I would like some suggestions at the plot and your opinion of my current layout for the plot.

Neglect

Another update. I recently finished watching the series, so everything's fresh in my mind and I have a better grasp on the universe. Sometime tomorrow I'll throw my ideas out here, and maybe I'll grab some attention.

Neglect

Re: Wolf's Rain Collab. Project

A tad bit late, but here's what I've conceived.

[FONT=&quot]THE PRELUDE[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Paradise. Legend has forever spoken of a world solely ruled by wolves, a world that would hold a future for those who seek it out. There have been those who tried to replicate the wolves’ Paradise, though their attempts proved inadequate. The man-folk deny its existence, though there are the select that also search for Paradise. It is told that the scent of the Lunar flowers will guide the path to Paradise, and the Chosen One will open its gates… to a new world.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]SETTING[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Wolves have been hunted to the brink of extinction. Those who have survived have cloaked themselves as humans or live in the villages of isolated native tribes. The reigning Nobles have divided the land into separate territories, extending their rule over that which is theirs, all differing in their intentions and methods of governing. Conflict often arises between the Nobles, often escalating into large feuds and periods of warfare, with isolated spans of peace. This erratic trend of turbulence has sparked discontent with the public and distorts the economy due to the exhausting military expenses. Drug trafficking and gang violence has become more prevalent as the situation worsens and rumors tell that the end of the world is nearing. The world stumbles in chaos, but its restoration remains obscure to the public eye…[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]LOCATIONS (planning to add new cities)[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Freeze City[/FONT] - A city in the northern quadrant. It is surrounded by snow and is known for its internal conflicts with gangs and theft. Its marketplace offers a diversity of goods to its inhabitants and security from the local enforcers.

[FONT=&quot]Aerial City (?)[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Forest of Death[/FONT] - A forest which holds an abnormal electro-magnetic field that renders any technology futile and causes humans to easily lose their way.

[FONT=&quot]Desert’s Bones[/FONT] - A barren desert near the village of the Hmong tribe, an area where it is rumored people are to find everlasting happiness and never return.

[FONT=&quot]Garden of Eternity[/FONT] - A fantasy haven harboring souls lost within Desert's Bones.

[FONT=&quot]RACES[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Wolf[/FONT] - attributed with the creation of the first man-beasts and former denizens of Paradise, their numbers have dwindled significantly due to human settlement. They now exist under the guise of humans themselves, decepting the minds of their peers. Few wolves remain that seek out Paradise, while the remaining simply struggle for survival amongst the humans.

[FONT=&quot]Human[/FONT] - descendants of the wolves themselves, these man-beasts have forgotten their ancestry and continue to exist in ignorance. They are responsible for the near extinction of wolves, and are the main populace of the land.

[FONT=&quot]Hanabito[/FONT] - humanoid creatures formed from Lunar Flowers, they carry its scent and attract wolves to their vicinity. While only few remain, amongst them is the Flower Maiden, who is said to guide the way to Paradise. Some are known to possess mystical powers.

[FONT=&quot]OTHER

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Unique Positions -[/FONT] This role-play offers its role-players the option of playing an exclusive and important role mandatory for the role-play to progress. These positions are crucial to the plot and require a higher degree of activity as well as an adept writing talent. For those interested, ask me before submitting a template. The roles are as follow:

[FONT=&quot]Flower Maiden[/FONT]
A perfected Hanabito, created from the Lunar Flowers. Whether its birth was artificial or natural is insignifigant, for the Flower Maiden will guide the wolves to Paradise regardless.

[FONT=&quot]The Chosen One[/FONT]
A wolve chosen by the Flower Maiden and sharing a special bond with it. It is said only this wolf will open the true Paradise, and possesses incredible determination.

UPDATED! I've added in descriptions and a new section detailing the role-plays unique roles for those looking for a more crucial role in the direction of the RP. My next goal is to revise the introduction, add new original cities, and make it clear what air of authority they fall underneath and their location. Perhaps I'll grab the attention of some wandering eyes.

Last edited:

Neglect

Bump. Look at the above post. Things have been added and changed.

This will be my last bump for a while, and I hope to catch someone's interest. If not, I'll continue on my own and have an OOC/Sign-Up thread within the next couple of days, or perhaps sooner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back