• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

[[Wonderland]]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Katana

I can only express puzzlement, which borders on al
OOC: No problem Zetsumi… and for everyone really. Don’t feel you have to post every day, I understand that a lot of people will have homework, other rpgs, and will be swamped with other things they need to do on occasion. The rpg shouldn’t be a source of stress or anything, just fun. Just at least a post every few days or so if possible would be nice so I know people are still interested… (though obviously it’s great if there are more). I’d rather see good posts then rushed ones.

I’ll probably edit in an at least an Akila post later tonight or tomorrow… IC.

--

The key was finally in hand, but Mara’s relief was short-lived. The two in the front seat were stirring and she clearly hadn’t been paying enough attention to Locke, not that it would have done much good anyway. She drew a sharp intake of breath as he twisted her hand back, leaning closer and speaking softly so the two in the front did not hear. He could break her wrist if he wanted to. Her dark eyes flashed in irritation, but she grudgingly nodded.

Mara hadn’t expected that the bounty hunter would have them hitchhike after she screwed up his car. She had assumed that they’d wait until he could get another mode of transportation or something, but since she miscalculated, there were other people at risk. Locke wouldn’t shoot her, not if he wanted his money, and Mara wasn’t sure he’d go so far to break her wrist either, but possibly. She hadn’t spoken to her father in two years and at this point he might not care so much the state that she was in when she was brought back, so long as she could heal. Maybe that didn’t even matter. Mara had seen her father cold-heartedly place a gun to her mother’s head over some small defiance. Despite his threats, he hadn’t shot her, though he cold-cocked her with the butt of gun and left her lying on the floor in a small pool of blood. His gaze wandered directly to the place where Mara was hiding near at the top of the stairs, meeting her eyes, but he said nothing, and simply walked away. That night, when her mother came in to read to her, she had stitches and brushed off any of Mara’s questions. She hadn’t known that Mara had been watching. The following day, Mara’s father extravagantly had ten dozen red and white roses delivered to her mother as a form of apology. Eventually though, her mother caused too many problems, or perhaps Desmond Abrigia simply stopped loving her, no matter, one night her mother was there, tucking her into bed, the next she was gone. The job hadn’t been handled personally, Mara knew that much. Mara had been forced to hold her father’s hand throughout the funeral, listening to false condolences, in order to help to project the image of her father as a dignified widower. During the funeral and the wake that followed Desmond Abrigia managed to turn the whole affair into a successful new business merger because he managed to pin the blame on an enemy family and therefore ally himself with another mafia group. . Perhaps that had been the plan all along. Mara wasn’t certain what the orders were, but she knew that Desmond Abrigia looked at everyone in terms of what use they were to him and if a person outlived their use, then they must be discarded. He played the doting father only when it suited him. Furthermore, a lot could change in two years. Bottom line, he was unpredictable and therefore so was Locke. Though it was hard to tell exactly what he might do anyway. It was irritating that she hadn’t been able to shake his composure a bit more; Adrian Locke always seemed to have a backup plan.

She’d stall any chance she could though and this still seemed like a prime opportunity to get out of this situation. Mara lifted her left hand, the still key clenched in her fist, before opening her palm and stubbornly letting the key drop to the floor instead of into Locke’s hand.

“Get it yourself.” She mouthed to him. Perhaps she was being an idiot and might end up with a broken wrist to show for it. She was still testing him still, it was probably important to know his snapping point. She hadn’t found it yet. It wasn’t a complete defiance anyway as she had after all let go of the key. Turning her head slightly, Mara tried to keep her voice casual as she spoke louder to Jenna and Alex.

“You guys ok?”

Last edited:

Morpheaus

Time In Perspective
OOC:....<.< >.> Psst Psst...-Nudges Katana- I think you mean Jenna and Alex.

IC: Carter awoke with a slight throbbing in the back of his head. It wasn't uncommon for him to get slight migraines, especially during long car rides. Running a hand through his hair he did his best to ignore the growing pain in his head and gather his thoughts. They hadn't hit the other car...At least it didn't seem like it. Daniel was slumped in his seat, unconcious but otherwise uninjured. Searching through his recent memories Carter remembered Daniel's driving, his decision to slow down, and the car coming straight for him. Daniel had literally frozen like a deer caught in the headlights and Carter had made a grab for the wheel. It didn't look like he would be fast enough at the time, but the car was obviously fine and so were its passengers it seemed. The car must have gone off the road just in time to avoid a head on collision.

Carter rolled in his seat to look into the back of the car. Alisia there, she seemed shaken and a bit nervous, not Carter wouldn't expect after going off the road. Candance was gone though, her seat was vacant and her door was wide open. Carter finally noticed the deep purple fog hanging like a ghost outside the car. It was too thick to see through, even the headlights didn't shine through for more than a yard. Though he was hesitant to enter the strange fog, he wouldn't just leave Candace to wander out there. Before he could think about going out to look for he had to calm Alisia down and wake up Daniel.

Unbuckling his seat belt Carter reached between the front seats, stretched across the backseat, caught the handle of the open door, and slammed it shut with a dull thud. Using the handle for an anchor he pulled himself into the back next to Alisia. "Ali, are you ok? Look at me."

Taking her face gently in his hands he turned her slightly and peered into her eyes. She was jittery, he could feel her trembling slightly when he touched her. "Ali, look at me, it's ok. We're fine, but I need you to calm dow. We're going to have get out of the car and find Candace. Did you see her go?"

OOC: I can't believe you slapped me, Heartlesswhisper. I'd cry if my dignity hadn't already suffered so greatly.

Last edited:

Darkness Princess

Paper Bag Heaven
"Were okay Mara" Jenna replied, she had noticed the way Locke had twisted Mara's wrists but decided not to comment on it. She just hoped Alex hadnt noticed or he would start worrying about it. She then turned to Alex and shrugged before saying. "I dont really know what happend, what minute we where about to crash into some other car the next we're drowning in some weird fog. You know what? I think we should get out and see what happend to the other car before we investigate this fog." She replied her curiousty getting the best of her as it always did. She wondered if the other car was someway ahead or if it was beside them. One thing was for sure she'd never find out without
getting out of the car first.
On a more important note she wanted to know what was the deal with Locke and Mara. I mean it was obvious from
the looks of him that he was no cop, she'd know as she'd been arrested dozens of times all cops had this distinct way of walking, talking and acting. They seemed to have this swagger showing off their power just because they have a badge and a gun. It was stupid but thats just the way it was. Locke seemed to be more of a payed type of person, a bounty hunter she'd dated one before and she was used to the way they acted. Who Locke was wasnt really the problem also what he was doing with Mara is obvious, he was kidnapping her. Why he was kidnapping her was the million dollar question but the answer to that would just have to wait until later.

Isis

Candace turned quickly around, a little surprised by Alisia’s voice. She smiled at the question and took a step closer to the car and leaned over the top.

“Gra-”

“Shhhhhhh!” Grace stood behind Candace, narrowing her eyes slightly as took a step to the side, facing Candace. Candace’s face turned to Grace and frowned in puzzlement.

“What?” Her voice was barely above a whisper, she put her arms up in defense.

“I didn’t do anything wrong.” She said shaking her head, she had forgotten about Alisia for the second.

“Just quiet for now.” Grace told her, before turning her head when Carter began to speak to Alisia. Candace had lost all interest in what both Alisia and Grace were saying. She was putting all her concentration into the purple fog. She smiled lightly as she raised both her hands and cupped them together, trying to catch the purple haze in her hands. When she brought her hands back to her eyes to see if she had caught any, she was disappointed to know she hadn’t.

Grace turned back to Grace and narrowed her eyes. Had Candace been listening to anything?

“Candace!” Grace snapped at Candace. Candace didn’t stop trying to catch the fog, and didn’t look up.

“…Yes?” She said. She clapped her hands together when she heard someone speak her name. And she quickly turned her head. Grace didn’t even bother to respond. Candace smiled again, and took a step back. Might as well wander if they’re planning on looking for you anyway. She took another step back before facing forward and walking straight ahead. She soon lost sight of the car, but she saw that Grace was going to accompany her. She hadn’t even been walking for a second before coming into view of another car. Candace’s smile widened, and so did Grace’s.

“Told you.” Grace sung happily. Candace scowled. Grace was normally right. But she quickly got the scowl off her face and put on her smile as she skipped back to where she thought was the car.

Grace began to walk back as well, but went the right way back to the car.

“Candace!” Grace yelled lightly at her, waiting for her to catch up.

Candace turned and saw Grace. She smiled, and ran up to her. Grace began to walk again, and Candace followed. When they got back to the car, Candace ran ahead. She ducked under the windows, hoping Carter and Alisia hadn’t seen her. She peeked up over the window, glad to see they were still there, then got back on her knees and crawled next to the car, all the way to the back. And she peeked over the side. The car door was still closed on Alisia’s side. Candace’s smile widened and she got off her knees, slouching now, and tip-toed, keeping quiet. Candace waited for the right moment, then jumped up and smacked her hands against the window.

“Boo!” She shouted, hoping to scare them.

Katana

I can only express puzzlement, which borders on al
OOC: >.< You would think that since it is my own fic, I could keep the names straight… but noooooo… And blah... clearly I am on some short sucky post streak, but I suppose it at least gives something for people to respond to.

Alisia ended up sitting back down in the car again. The fog was simply too creepy and Candace never responded, but once more disappeared into the mist. She wasn’t about to go after her, she just wished that the others would wake up. Glancing worriedly out the window, she saw something flicker in the fog. It should be too dark to see, but… Alisia leaned a little closer to the window as she thought she saw another flicker again, the fog momentarily glowing bright purple before fading into night again. It wasn’t a flashlight and too bright to be some firefly which wouldn’t be out anyway in this weather. There was something distinctly uncanny about it. Alisia felt a chill run down her spine. She was searching through the fog, feeling distinctly agitated, to see if she could find any more lights when Carter shifted in the front seat. She breathed a faint sigh of relief as he shut the door, she hadn’t quite been able to move to shut it herself. Alisia didn’t say anything at first as Carter tilted her face slightly towards his, but then nodded slightly. Carter was awake now and Daniel would be soon. They could get out of here then, right? The longer she sat there watching the fog, the more the oddness of the situation seemed to disturb her. Finally she found her voice.

“Candace just left… she didn’t respond to me… and she was talking to someone who… I don’t think was there… and then wandered off.”

Alisia’s gaze strayed to the window behind Carter, then her eyes flicked back to his. She shook her head slightly, her voice little more than a whisper.

“I don’t want to go out there. There’s something in the fog… It’s not normal.”

All of a sudden, something smacked against the window behind her and Alisia released a small shriek. Hearing the “Boo” she turned around she saw Candace there, laughing her head off. Alisia flushed angrily, embarrassed at her reaction, but still feeling as if her heart was going to beat right through her chest. She took a deep breath to calm down.

“God, Candace! You scared the heck out of me!”

------

Joss was playing in the dungeons again. The wisps told her. Akila always wondered what it was he did down there. She certainly didn’t find anything interesting about all those old books. Did he really spend all his time down there just reading? He had been angry enough the one time she went down there and rooted through those items he was oh so fascinated in. Akila was eager enough as the rest of them to find away to get those portals open, but to spend all your time down there looking over the same things again and again? Boooooring. He couldn’t be that dull. There had to be something else… Something that he’d even managed to hide from her ignis fatuus. Or maybe not. It was hardly important now. Akila felt another thrill of excitement run through her and she walked a little faster as wisps continued to circle around her head before finally settling into hair. She had no word yet from the ignis fatui which were out, but despite her impatience, not much time had passed since she felt the disturbance.

Joss might spend all his time with his nose in old tomes nowadays, but he had traveled the portals. Joss might have some idea of what was going on and since she hadn’t received any report on Seth yet, Akila headed towards him first. She wondered if Joss sensed it too, she took it for granted that he did. Though how perfectly delightful it would be though if Joss had sensed nothing at all, and she had information that he did not. It would almost be a pity to ruin it and tell him what she sensed.

Reaching the main hall, Akilla turned to the left. She was close to the access to the dungeons, where the wisps had said Joss would be. She hurried a little faster so she could catch him leaving the hatch. Turning the corner, she found him as the hatch door was closing again. She leaned against the door to the room, watching him, a smirk playing across her lips.

“So… what are you doing?”

Joss was usually pretty secretive so she delighted in finding out what he was up to, even if it was something dreadfully dull. Akila had to amuse herself somehow and torturing Draage’s wasn’t all that exciting. She'd mention the dimensional shift in a moment, after all her wisps were busy scouring the countryside. She was not being idle.

Last edited:

Raynie

a Mean cycle, Sir
Website
zombiekunoichi.deviantart.com
(( Aww... *pats* Think of it as a... Friendly slap ^^ ))

All these steps she was taking was tiring, a small tug on her mind making her regret leaving her 'humble abode' in search for some worthless beings.

'I asked for I suppose.'

Persephone knew she was getting closer, her ears had already picked up on noises other than the eerie clanging or imaginative sound that your mind often made up when in a place like this. She brushed a strand of hair behind her right ear gently, at the same time moving her lower jaw left and right out of boredom. Her footsteps stopped once more, tapping the front of her boots on the ground with impatience.

Lowering her right hand, her eyes dropped down to her palm, flexing her perfectly made fingers, at least to her, back and forth. Her fingertips touching the skin of her palm lightly, adding a feathery touch which made her flinch in pain.

At last, she reverted her gaze away from her hand and decided to ease her boredom just a little for now. There was no telling what she would do if her current state got stronger than it already was. Persephone extended her right hand in front of her, her palm upwards toward the sky. In the middle of her palm, a soft purple glow started to become visible bit by bit, till finally it was a small sphere floating just above her skin, connected by sparks of black electricity it seemed.

"To destroy or not to destroy? That is the question.", she said to herself with humor in her voice, forming that dangerous smirk on her face and that playfully evil, in a way, glint in her deep eyes.

Alaude Drenxta

\+The Devil's+/ .{Advocate}.
Joss looked up at Akila, quickly closing the hatch and straightening his coat. He leered at her, catching her gaze back and simply staring dully at her. He knew she'd be annoying and intrusive as usual, but he hadn't the time to spare for here shennanigans at the moment. He'd just been.....notified....of some other more important business matters at the moment and had much to look forward to. She would be the least of his worries. Then again, knowing he wouldn't be able to handle the issue if the opposing Fae found out this disturbance before him.......he'd hint to her what was going on, and allow her to repair the puzzle herself.

"As if it were any business of yours, I've got some urgent updated matters I must attend to elsewhere. So if you don't mind, leave my sight so as my view of the door might be a bit prettier, if you will of course. Also, as a side note.....," Joss looked up with a leer into what appeared to be nothing but empty space, "do keep your little pets out of my study. What I do in privacy is of no concern to you. Good day my dear." At that he nodded his head to her and with a curt bow spun on her and headed briskly for the door. Now, Akila wasn't the brightest star in the night sky, but she wasn't quite blacked out either. She'd figure out what he was up to, if she hadn't already felt this distrubance for herself. She'd hightail it after him soon enough, but in the meantime he'd have to intercept the abbodonians.

Morpheaus

Time In Perspective
OOC: Katana, I would get down on one knee right now if I was not already with the perfect girl. Paul Bettany kicks ass.

IC: Adrian's life taken several rather odd turns, but he'd never felt that it was anythin beyond his control. Taking the contract on Mara should have proven much the same, yet the girl continuously found new ways to turn things upside down. He wasn't frustrated though, perhaps a bit irritated but nothing beyond that, not yet. His eyes stared cooly into hers as she mouthed her silent defiance. That was a mistake on her part. The mistakes made thus far were his own; he'd let he slash the tires, he'd given her the oppurtunity to sabotage the car, and he had underestimated her. That was the worst mistake a man in his position could make. Mara seemed intelligent from the first time he'd laid eyes on her; she'd proven just how intelligent she was in the last eighteen hours, and how desperate she was to escape her fathers grasp.

Understandable considering the bastard was a sadist. Rumors floated around suggesting Desmond Abrigia had murdered his wife in an neurotic plan to consolidate power within the familes under himself. Adrian had learned enough about Abrigia and his operations to suspect the rumors to be true. The entire family hierarchy made Adrian sick. Abrigia was a power hungry cock sucker in a world filled with men just like him; men that flaunted their authority with little to no regard for the people they stepped on to get to the top of the dog pile. If Adrian could stand the trouble he'd have put a bullet in Abrigia's head during the first meeting. But he couldn't deal with the assembled crimanal underworld crawling down his throat, and it was much more pleasureable for Abrigia to owe him a favor. Though it was regrettable the daughter had to bear the brunt of her father's sadistic nature.

He sighed inwardly, silently chastising himself for sympathizing with her. She had everything in the world, money, priviledge, power, everything a little princess could ask for. In exchange for all this she had to feign ignorance or indifference, but she'd chosen not to. If she really wanted to be rid of her father, she would have killed him in his sleep. Running away only showed how much of a selfish coward she'd become under her father's roof. There would be no more running after tonight, Adrian would see to that. She was smart, yes, but Adrian knew he was smarter.

Releasing her wrist Adrian reached between his legs and slipped from his seat. The sudden motion sent slammed him into Mara chest first and for a few moments her face was pressed to his. Jenna snapped around in her seat in surprise. Adrian took advantage of the distraction snatching the key up in his right hand and feigning surprise at his own actions. "Sorry. Feeling a little dizzy."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ooc: Will edit with a Doyle post.

Chaotic Dreams

Returning Once Again...
OOC: Damn, you people post long ones....
IC:

Daniel stirred from the seat he was in, and looked around. His vision was still a little blurred, he undid his seatbelt, which more than likely just saved his life, and got out of the car. He rubbed his eyes, and tried to regain some focus. There were other people around, but he could only just make them out in the cars headlights. He looked for some damage on the cars, but couldn't see anything. "Ok, weird..." He whispered to himself, his throat a little hoarse. He checked around, and walked up to one of the figures. (can be anyone really) He tapped them on the shoulder, and asked, "What happened here?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back