• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

WOOOT! The end of the world!!!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Is the world going to end on 12/21/12

• No freak'n way

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • Yup its gonna happen...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

kitty

The place where dark and light intersect to make..
So what do you guys think is going to happen on 12/21/12???? Are you a guy/girl that thinks the world is going to end??? Or are you like "Kitty, this thread is game or course there is no end of the world"?

Also tell me what you are going to be doing that day like you can say, "I'll be laughing at all the suckers who believe this" or "I'll be scared out of my pants".

Like for me I'm going to be celebrating my 18th birthday

So what do you say? Are you a believer? A non-believer? And post what you shall be doing on that day, K?

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
So I'm here going to be the informative one. I've done my research, and I'm also backed by information from a source who's very career reputation rely on them getting their facts straight.

First things first: The Mayans didn't predict the end of the world. That's what that cool-ass-looking movie says, but it's just to make the thing get a bit more attention and sound cooler.

Now, for a bit of backstage knowledge. The Mayan system of numbers, or at least days, was based upon a combination of different calendar systems and ticked over in groups of twenty days. There were five or six, sets of these numbers, so, for the 'start of the world' there was 0.0.0.0.0.0 (or so) then, everything on the far right ticked up until 19, and then it changed to look like this: 0.0.0.0.1.0, then the far-right zero ticked over to 19 again, and then the number next to it changed to a two, etc. I can't remember if the supposed myth was that everything was lined up as 13.13.13.13.13.13 or not. Now, in setting their zero-zero-etc date, the Mayans picked around what was three thousand years before them, ie, the creation of the world. So from just that, the entire system is faulted from the start, if the myths are based on the number being in a certain series.

So, where does this leave us? Oh yes, the supposed and 'predicted' end of the world. In essence, once the main Mayan calendar was figured out, for a long time, there were no (average to major) discoveries of Mayan-inscribed dates that went past December 21st 2012. Because there were 'never' found dates past that, people assumed that the Mayans began predicting the end of the world. But then, recently and also in minor discoveries, there have been artefacts found that go past the date of 'the end'.

Remember when Nostrodamus predicted the end of the world? Nothing happened. Y2K? Nothing happened. 2012? Same deal.

Last edited:

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
I think the only unusual thing with 2012 is that the planets will all allign during the year. Not sure if it's on 12-21 though

Siren

brutally homeless and fluffy
Awards
I don't even know how many threads there are on this. Look for one of those with the search function, or Google it.

Edit: First page of the 'Religion' board: 2012[click]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back