• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Worldlines and how Re:Mind is canon

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
With the new trailer out, we are all probably trying to figure out how any of this stuff is canon.

Most of us know it is time travel but I just wanted to lay out the timeline so we had a visual representation of what is going on.

Wordline 1: This is the original worldline. Everybody dies. Darkness prevails and light expires.

Sora changes time by using the Power of Waking in the Final World to travel through time and rewrite history.

Worldline 2: This is the new worldline that takes place after Sora saves everybody. Everybody lives in this timeline except Kairi

Sora changes time by using the Power of Waking in the Keyblade Graveyard after defeating Xehanort to travel through time and rewrite history.

Worldline 3: This is the new worldline that covers Re:Mind and then the ending of KH3 starting with the scene at Disney Castle all the way to Sora disappearing.

And this is how all of these new cutscenes and battles are canon. Sora just travels again and rewrites time for a second time. This is how he brings Kairi back. He even brings Chirithy with him this time rather than leaving him in the Final World.

The end. That's the timeline~

Last edited:

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
So in this new timeline were Kairi didnt die does that mean they were actually there for the entire celebration party instead of arriving at that exact moment?

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
So this is the thirdline that Nomura may have been referring to?

---

Edit:

The creepy coincidence is that "Don't Think Twice" talks about kissing three times (Sora x Kairi). :x

Last edited:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
So in this new timeline were Kairi didnt die does that mean they were actually there for the entire celebration party instead of arriving at that exact moment?

I think this is the most likely situation. It wouldn't make any sense to me that their friends would just go and have a party while Sora and Kairi are gone. It felt gross in KH3 and it makes more sense that they came back so everybody was like "CELEBRATION TIME" but then Sora gets blipped lol

So this is the thirdline that Nomura may have been referring to?

---

Edit:

The creepy coincidence is that "Don't Think Twice" talks about kissing three times (Sora x Kairi). :x

No, the third line is something else. Remember that he said he finished writing Re:Mind's scenario in that message. I think he is talking about a new "line" like a new product. KH console games are one, UX the mobile game is the second line, and then whatever-it-is is the third line.

Also yeah xD Each kiss a worldline hahahaha

I mean Utada does say "cross the line" 8D

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I think this is the most likely situation. It wouldn't make any sense to me that their friends would just go and have a party while Sora and Kairi are gone. It felt gross in KH3 and it makes more sense that they came back so everybody was like "CELEBRATION TIME" but then Sora gets blipped lol

No, the third line is something else. Remember that he said he finished writing Re:Mind's scenario in that message. I think he is talking about a new "line" like a new product. KH console games are one, UX the mobile game is the second line, and then whatever-it-is is the third line.

Also yeah xD Each kiss a worldline hahahaha

I mean Utada does say "cross the line" 8D
Still it's kind of odd everyone stopped what they were doing to watch both of them if they were there the entire time. Oh well.

Wonder if Luxord's card has a hand in any of this?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Still it's kind of odd everyone stopped what they were doing to watch both of them if they were there the entire time. Oh well.

Wonder if Luxord's card has a hand in any of this?

It could have been that they looked up because they saw Sora and Kairi holding hands, or sensed Sora was disappearing.

Again, I find the party with them being gone with no idea when they'd be back weirder than the idea of them looking up at them because they felt something changing.

Them reappearing never made sense, either. That would be a point in time that they hadn't been in before. They can't travel forward in time to a point they don't exist in no matter how hard Sora breaks the laws of time travel. There must be a version of yourself waiting at the destination. Sora could have only traveled to the point when he first left in the Keyblade Graveyard or any point before that.

The fact that they are already sitting on the tree when that scene starts kinda tells me that they've been there for awhile. They probably walked up there while everybody was off partying on the beach.

Luxord's card is supposed to be the tool to save Sora.

Nomura, p.g.a: When a simple retcon just won't suffice.

"And he was Ansem"

Queen confirmed for Final World secret boss fight.

She's got two Keyblades after all 8D

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
The fact that they are already sitting on the tree when that scene starts kinda tells me that they've been there for awhile. They probably walked up there while everybody was off partying on the beach.
I can totally see where you're coming from since everybody partying with Sora and Kairi in limbo always rubbed me the wrong way too, but by the same token I find it really gross and OOC that Sora would go off to be alone with Kairi in his final moments and deliberately isolate himself from the group that way. Especially as it continues the trend of Riku being viewed as an afterthought by both of them. He deserves better friends.

She's got two Keyblades after all 8D
She's the second heart enabling Roxas to dual wield and be invincible. We cracked the code.

GreyouTT

Awards
Is he switching worldlines? I thought he was just rewriting the timeline in the one worldline and doing so kicked him to a different one.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Is he switching worldlines? I thought he was just rewriting the timeline in the one worldline and doing so kicked him to a different one.

Rewriting time in one worldline is the act of creating a new worldline.

Time cannot normally be changed. It is supposed to be immutable, and when it is changed it creates a singularity or a paradox of sorts. To correct that singularity, a new worldline is created.

So in one worldline everybody died. The future MoM foresaw came to pass. Then Sora rewrote time and that created a new worldline.

Obiewantsanipod

I'm not too thrilled about timeline 3.

Don't get me wrong, it's quite epic to have Terranort's ass handed to him using Aqua and all, but I'll be thinking :"hey, Sora coulda kicked all your asses if he wanted to. Heck, he already did!". It will take away the sense of urgency for me in a way, unless not being sure if the rest of the cast can handle the organization counts as a sense of urgency in and of itself.

I suppose one could argue that if not for this Kairi wouldn't have come back. It still bugs me nonetheless.

Regardless, I choose to focus on the positive, that which is the trios being done justice. I just hope the voice in the back of my head isn't too loud when playing through the game.

Nukara

Awards
The third option is most likely. (IMHO)
It's just not clear if Sora is absent who will interfere with Xehanort? Riku and Aqua, as Mickey planned? Here I am confused.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
The third option is most likely. (IMHO)
It's just not clear if Sora is absent who will interfere with Xehanort? Riku and Aqua, as Mickey planned? Here I am confused.
I think SDG will still be the ones to defeat Master Xehanort. Since Sora was a party member for Riku in the first trailer I doubt he will be totally absent

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I'm curious if the Organization still have their same death quotes if Sora isn't there. Who will Luxord give his card to? Will Mickey seriously fight that battle alone against him Marluxia and Larxene. Maybe they'll do something bold and unhood Xion to show she has the yellow eyes.

the red monster

Awards
I'm curious if the Organization still have their same death quotes if Sora isn't there. Who will Luxord give his card to? Will Mickey seriously fight that battle alone against him Marluxia and Larxene. Maybe they'll do something bold and unhood Xion to show she has the yellow eyes.
Sora will likely be a party member in the mickey fight, like with riku.

Shasta

Awards
Do you think that Nomura might be going a route similar to Steins;Gate regarding worldlines? Sora hopping worldlines until he reaches one that's perfect? Could the others beside Sora perhaps remember the worldlines they were present in prior to the change? Since Sora isn't jumping through different timelines, but staying put and re-writing history it could perhaps be possible that MoM is aware of all the changes occurring and it could have an undesireable effect later in the series.

Hirokey123

Awards
I'm still very hesitant to call this a wordline thing, we don't even know what wordlines are. From what little we do know they seem more like parallel realities than alternate timelines. So I don't think Sora is hopping or making worldlines just timelines.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Let's hope Sora doesn't get too carried away with this.

Everybody: *Dies*
Sora: I can fix that! *time travels*

Kairi: *Dies*
Sora: Oh come on now! *time travels*

Namine: *No lines*
Sora: Not a problem *time travels*

Xbox One: *Doesn't get The Story So Far*
Sora: Well that just ain't right *Time travels*

MCU: *Loses Spider-Man*
Sora: AH HELL NAW! Not on my watch! *Time Travels*

Winning Lottery Numbers: *Announced*
Donald: *Time travels to the day before*

Last edited:

GreyouTT

Awards
Let's hope Sora don't get too carried away with this.

Everybody: *Dies*

Kairi: *Dies*
Sora: Oh come on now! *time travels*

Namine: *No lines*

Xbox One: *Doesn't get The Story So Far*
Sora: Well that just ain't right *Time travels*

MCU: *Loses Spider-Man*
Sora: AH HELL NAW! Not on my watch! *Time Travels*

Winning Lottery Numbers: *Announced*
Donald: *Time travels to the day before*