• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Worlds of Kingdom Hearts | Star Wars is here, bby! Other live action films?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Depends on how you see it, personally I think Toy Box and Arendelle are going to be the only Disney worlds from KH3 to return to KH4 with the latter adapting the events of Frozen II and the former adapting elements from the 3rd or 4th Toy Story movie with a brand new story. For 100 Acre Wood, well say what you want but personally the world does feel like a relaxation world from the Heartless fighting plus I enjoy Pooh and his Friends.

Finally while not world related but Disney today has pushed back Pixar's Soul to November 20 taking Raya and the Last Dragon's spot, now Raya is set to come out in March of 2021.

It's once again going to be iteresting on how Nomura and his team will choose which films they want as worlds for the next KH games they are developing.

I adore 100 Acre Wood, Winnie the Pooh was a part of my childhood and hearing the theme song always makes me feel at peace. It's a lovely break from the combat in the other worlds. I hope it continues to feature in future KH games.

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
I adore 100 Acre Wood, Winnie the Pooh was a part of my childhood and hearing the theme song always makes me feel at peace. It's a lovely break from the combat in the other worlds. I hope it continues to feature in future KH games.
I agree, I never understood the sheer hatred on 100 Acre Wood in Kingdom Hearts, I can understand to some they don't like how the story is simple or how it ends but I liked how KH3's story for the world ties to Sora's power of waking and not wanting to loose his friends which goes back to Merlin's saying "Whatever's lost can be found again."

So I have a feeling this has a likely chance to return to Kingdom Hearts IV. Finally welcome to the forums @onewingedhoneybee.

I agree, I never understood the sheer hatred on 100 Acre Wood in Kingdom Hearts, I can understand to some they don't like how the story is simple or how it ends but I liked how KH3's story for the world ties to Sora's power of waking and not wanting to loose his friends which goes back to Merlin's saying "Whatever's lost can be found again."

So I have a feeling this has a likely chance to return to Kingdom Hearts IV. Finally welcome to the forums @onewingedhoneybee.
Thanks!

Hercules and 100 Acre Wood have always been the constants. I wonder how long that'll be the case.

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
Thanks!

Hercules and 100 Acre Wood have always been the constants. I wonder how long that'll be the case.
Yeah and they are actually the ONLY Disney worlds to be in ALL 3 numbered titles and to originate from the first KH game.

Not sure for Olympus returning for the next KH games including KHIV as KH3's story of the world wrapped up nicely and it's been reused continously to death, which is interesting cause prior to the world's return back in 2015 I Initially didn't think we were coming back to Olympus/Olympus Coliseum for KH3 cause I thought KH2's story of the world got a great sendoff as Sora, Donald and Goofy have now become "Real Heroes" from the constellations, but the reason that Olympus returned to KH3 was because it tied to what happened to Sora back in Dream Drop Distance when he lost most of his powers from Xehanort during his Mark of Mastery Exam as shown in the ending for 0.2 BBS so Sora, Donald and Goofy visit Olympus to get advice from Hercules on how to regain his lost powers, plus Nomura revealed in the Ultimania said he felt that Olympus was the perfect world for the beginning "hero's journey" to Sora in order to regain his lost strength, another reason was also that we haven't explored the rest of Thebes and especially Olympus cause in past games as we were mainly at the Coliseum.

I do like to to see Agrabah make it's return one last for KHIV since I was surprised it didn't appear in KH3 despite the fact it was the second most recurring Disney world after Olympus/Olympus Coliseum.

Last edited:

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I just thought of a great world/place for the Fortellers to have their base in KH4. And you know what that place is? Wait for it...Tomorrowland! Because they were from the past and they came into the future, so naturally they should hangout in Tomorrowland as their base of operations. They can even model it on the Magic Kingdom lands. It would be creative!

PStuder12321

So been gone a bit so got a lot to say sorry! lol, First on Whinnie the pooh. As oen that actually regretably hates the world I will say this there is a large group of us, that did NOT like whinnie the pooh as kids, I was one of them, IDK why, it just rubbed me off. It was to....childish even for me as a child. WITH THAT SAID. I DO support it in the KH games and dont mind it. I dont like the world but its ok, I know there are a lot of people who do and yes, the peace is nice. I kidna blow through that world and spend as little time as possible there but agian, I know I am the exception and am perfectly fine with it having a place in KH. :) That is my thought on whinnie the pooh.

as for the hercules, Loved it, love thme movie, loved all three worlds, I agree.... I don't see it retunring as it's played out so much, but perhaps Aladin!!!!

Thanks!

Also welcome to the forums! I missed that you were new on your other posts, Im used to just assuming im the newest one here xD guess not anymore! Welcome to the family! Also Treasure planet would be a SUPER fun world I agree! and as I said above, hercule I dont think will come abck I think aladin might and I feel whinnie the pooh will again ahve a small portion in the game as it did in KH3, nothing big nothing fancy, but justa small little quick peek-a-boo.

I just thought of a great world/place for the Fortellers to have their base in KH4. And you know what that place is? Wait for it...Tomorrowland! Because they were from the past and they came into the future, so naturally they should hangout in Tomorrowland as their base of operations. They can even model it on the Magic Kingdom lands. It would be creative!

Hey if it isn't my buddy! :D Great idea lol and it is fitting,though honestly I'd prefer if they had their own world to continue expanding into worlds that aren't all just disney, like the orginization worlds like twilight town. That is my preference, HOWEVER, that doesnt mean they cant like make their main entrance on tomorrowland and have a big event happen there and then move to their own world ;) ;) ;) lol though fi they did start there I do think it would be fitting lol.

Perkilator

Awards
So who wants to bet that if Bug's Life got an original plot, Nomura's gonna make it so that Hopper gets saved from being eaten by baby birds at the last minute?

Gandalf-the-Wise

Awards
Only reason why some of us including myself are putting Hundred Acre Woods on the potential KHIV world list is because you have to add some semblance of reality even to hypothetical wish lists. Like it or not Pooh for some reason is sticking around. I didn't expect nor wanted Winnie the Pooh back in KH3 at all. Was honestly hoping that Agrabah would make it's final return along with Olympus, and also having both Princess and the Frog and Gargoyles make their long awaited debuts in the KH series. Instead none of that happens along with Pooh getting shoehorned into the game in one of the worst, half-assed ways possible.

Aladdin, Princess and the Frog, and Gargoyles being included along with Olympus, Corona, Arendelle, Monstropolis, Toy Box, San Fransokyo, and the Caribbean/Port Royal would have made for a far better version of KH3. In addition having SDG being more involved in the Tangled, Frozen, and Pirates stories along with having actual boss battles with Mother Gothel, Randall, Zurg, Hans, Hades, and even Cutler Beckett. Perhaps in some alternate timeline this more interesting version of Kingdom Hearts 3 exists.

Last edited:

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I wouldn't get my hopes up for Gargoyles appearing anytime soon in a Kingdom Hearts game sadly. Princess and the Frog feels like only a matter of time before it shows up. I don't mind Winne the Pooh being in KH3, the problem was it was so short and forgettable I was disappointed. Both KH1 and KH2 had memorable mini games of different varieties that KH3 left me stunned at how fast and bland it was.

If Pooh's world were to be replaced what kind of world should replace it as the mini-game level of KH4? I've heard others suggest Mary Poppins as a suitable substitute.

Gandalf-the-Wise

Awards
I wouldn't get my hopes up for Gargoyles appearing anytime soon in a Kingdom Hearts game sadly. Princess and the Frog feels like only a matter of time before it shows up. I don't mind Winne the Pooh being in KH3, the problem was it was so short and forgettable I was disappointed. Both KH1 and KH2 had memorable mini games of different varieties that KH3 left me stunned at how fast and bland it was.

If Pooh's world were to be replaced what kind of world should replace it as the mini-game level of KH4? I've heard others suggest Mary Poppins as a suitable substitute.

Yes, it is unfortunate that Gargoyles may never appear in Kingdom Hearts. Worst part of it is that it was at least in talks of being included during the pre-production stage. Seeing Goliath and his crew fighting alongside SDG would have been a real treat.

To answer your question about what would be a sufficient substitute "mini-game world" for Hundred Acre Wood, I have two in mind.

1. Bedknobs and Broomsticks. This would be a good one if Mary Poppins doesn't make it in as it does share a few similarities included the fact they are two films with animated portions intertwined with Live-Action. You meet Eglantine Price as she guides you through different areas like Britain, the ocean, the island full of animals, etc. The soccer match in the animal kingdom alone for an exhilarating mini-game. Only issue is I wonder if they will or will not include the portion of the film that involves battling the Nazis.

2. The Muppets. Surprised that they are almost never brought up. The material speaks mini-game world right here. First I have to say there is the added fact that Kermit the Frog is either equal or more of an iconic character as Winnie the Pooh. Kermit could fill the role as the small, cuddly friend of Sora that Pooh has been from Kingdom Hearts 1, 2 & 3. Story would be Kermit needs assistance running the Muppet show and Sora crosses paths with him and offers to help through multiple mini-game shenanigans. Another idea for potential side quests, Kermit could have a couple of storybooks he keeps in one of the Muppet Studio rooms. The books are based on Christmas Carol and Treasure Island since the Muppets did films on those. Kermit (or Gonzo & Rizzo) and Sora could travel together through the novels, and their would be additional mini-games in each of them. It would also be a great callback to Sora traveling through Pooh's book.

Last edited:

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
So who wants to bet that if Bug's Life got an original plot, Nomura's gonna make it so that Hopper gets saved from being eaten by baby birds at the last minute?
@Perkilator I'd love to have "A Bug's Life" as a world in Kingdom Hearts, although I'm not to keen on having to retcon Hopper's death from the film where he survived. I imagine it could be a sequel or better yet a prequel to A Bug's Life where Hopper is alive, but I have a feeling that Pixar is going to pull a "Randall" on him and not make him a boss.
Only reason why some of us including myself are putting Hundred Acre Woods on the potential KHIV world list is because you have to add some semblance of reality even to hypothetical wish lists. Like it or not Pooh for some reason is sticking around. I didn't expect nor wanted Winnie the Pooh back in KH3 at all. Was honestly hoping that Agrabah would make it's final return along with Olympus, and also having both Princess and the Frog and Gargoyles make their long awaited debuts in the KH series. Instead none of that happens along with Pooh getting shoehorned into the game in one of the worst, half-assed ways possible.

Aladdin, Princess and the Frog, and Gargoyles being included along with Olympus, Corona, Arendelle, Monstropolis, Toy Box, San Fransokyo, and the Caribbean/Port Royal would have made for a far better version of KH3. In addition having SDG being more involved in the Tangled, Frozen, and Pirates stories along with having actual boss battles with Mother Gothel, Randall, Zurg, Hans, Hades, and even Cutler Beckett. Perhaps in some alternate timeline this more interesting version of Kingdom Hearts 3 exists.
Honestly, I actually didn't expect Monster's Inc. to be in KH3 (prior to the December 2017 leaks) if I'm going to be honest, that's not to say I am against the world cause surprisingly enough I loved Monster's Inc. and wanted to have a Monster's Inc. world to appear in the Kingdom Hearts series and while I'm grateful it's in Kingdom Hearts III it should've been a world used way sooner in the franchise such as BBS or especially Dream Drop Distance which still surprises me why they didn't put that world in the latter game if you ask me. Even with the Toy Story world reveal in KH3 I actually wanted A Bug's Life, or Brave as the second Pixar world over Monster's Inc. cause prior to it's December leaks I almost was giving up on Monster's Inc. since it kept on being a "wishful thinking" idea that wasn't going to happen after it didn't appear in BBS and Dream Drop Distance.

Also I'm okay with not battling Hans and especially Mother Gothel as bosses given that they aren't full fledged fighters and lacked the abilities as formidable foes and at least Davy Jones was a boss instead of getting the same treatment as Randall and CLU did. Honestly, my big hope is that if we get any Future Disney based worlds be it Princess and the Frog, Moana, Etc. I want to have them be fought as bosses instead of pulling a "Randall" or "CLU" on them and making them a joke where you don't fight them either due to Disney or Pixar being restrictive or Nomura and his staff's laziness.

Yeah and that's the thing I want to point out if they are going to implement Gargoyles or ANY Television-based properties into Kingdom Hearts Nomura and his team had to speak with the people from Walt Disney Animation Studios, the Walt Disney Studios for the live-action films and Pixar they need to go through the showrunners of the shows themselves if I'm being honest, because Bob Schooley (who is one of the co-creators for Big Hero 6: The Series) told certain users on Twitter that both him and Mark weren't involved in the development process for the story of the Big Hero 6 world for Kingdom Hearts III.

Also pretty sure the reason the areas in the 100 Acre Wood feel small has to do with the developers comments on wanting to make the environments of the Disney worlds different from one another as 100 Acre Wood is forest and Kingdom of Corona is also forest they had to go with one over the other which is why 100 Acre Wood is just Rabbit's garden.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Yes, it is unfortunate that Gargoyles may never appear in Kingdom Hearts. Worst part of it is that it was at least in talks of being included during the pre-production stage. Seeing Goliath and his crew fighting alongside SDG would have been a real treat.

To answer your question about what would be a sufficient substitute "mini-game world" for Hundred Acre Wood, I have two in mind.

1. Bedknobs and Broomsticks. This would be a good one if Mary Poppins doesn't make it in as it does share a few similarities included the fact they are two films with animated portions intertwined with Live-Action. You meet Eglantine Price as she guides you through different areas like Britain, the ocean, the island full of animals, etc. The soccer match in the animal kingdom alone for an exhilarating mini-game. Only issue is I wonder if they will or will not include the portion of the film that involves battling the Nazis.

2. The Muppets. Surprised that they are almost never brought up. The material speaks mini-game world right here. First I have to say there is the added fact that Kermit the Frog is either equal or more of an iconic character as Winnie the Pooh. Kermit could fill the role as the small, cuddly friend of Sora that Pooh has been from Kingdom Hearts 1, 2 & 3. Story would be Kermit needs assistance running the Muppet show and Sora crosses paths with him and offers to help through multiple mini-game shenanigans. Another idea for potential side quests, Kermit could have a couple of storybooks he keeps in one of the Muppet Studio rooms. The books are based on Christmas Carol and Treasure Island since the Muppets did films on those. Kermit (or Gonzo & Rizzo) and Sora could travel together through the novels, and their would be additional mini-games in each of them. It would also be a great callback to Sora traveling through Pooh's book.
Really? Gargoyles was in talks of being included? For which KH game? That's interesting news since they haven't included in Disney TV shows yet. My mind has just been blown XD

Maybe Game Central Station, as it would be easy to introduce a wide variety of mini-games.
I actually really love this idea. It would fit perfectly being a game world itself lol.

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
Maybe Game Central Station, as it would be easy to introduce a wide variety of mini-games.
I could see Game Central Station be a world for the next Kingdom Hearts Game centering on Kairi, Riku and Sora over KHIV: with Fairy Godmother going into the dreams of Riku to find traces of Sora with Kairi and the nameless stargirl aka Sora (Yozora's girl) involved.

Now you may be wondering how are they going to have Game Central Station if the the story events of the world are currently happening right now in Union χ according to Brain himself when he linked GCS to the data Daybreak Town is not linked to the future or is some data world projection from the past or future from the Book of Prophecies?

One possibility is that it be reminiscent to the Tron worlds (Space Paranoids/The Grid) in previous KH games where at some unknown point in time before or after the story events of Union χ (depending on how Where they handle Wreck-It Ralph) Game Central Station (including Niceland, Hero's Duty, Sugar Rush and the inhabitants of those games) could've been copied into data and is put in either the Hollow Bastion computer in Radiant Garden or somewhere in Twilight Town (Old Mansion, Taito Arcade Building, etc.) so that Sora or anyone can visit Game Central Station and the games GCS is connected to. The idea is far-fetched, and I highly doubt it's ever going to happen when compared to Space Paranoids/The Grid, but it's something that is worth considering. I honestly can envision like if it reenacts the first film instead of an original story so I could see Sora, Riku and Kairi interacting with the cast, especially Ralph and Vanellope, along with having a Boss fight against King Candy.

I actually really love this idea. It would fit perfectly being a game world itself lol.
I envision IT could be the mini-game for the next KH game centered on Kairi, Riku and Sora (DDD 2)

Last edited:

Gandalf-the-Wise

Awards
Really? Gargoyles was in talks of being included? For which KH game? That's interesting news since they haven't included in Disney TV shows yet. My mind has just been blown XD

Talk about a tease. Trying to remain optimistic about it though. Toy Story was in talks for KH2 and it never came to fruition until KH3. Maybe the same could happen to Gargoyles. KH4 let's make it happen! I have to dream about something right?

Also I'm okay with not battling Hans and especially Mother Gothel as bosses given that they aren't full fledged fighters and lacked the abilities as formidable foes and at least Davy Jones was a boss instead of getting the same treatment as Randall and CLU did. Honestly, my big hope is that if we get any Future Disney based worlds be it Princess and the Frog, Moana, Etc. I want to have them be fought as bosses instead of pulling a "Randall" or "CLU" on them and making them a joke where you don't fight them either due to Disney or Pixar being restrictive or Nomura and his staff's laziness.

I only put Hans on the list because I am aware other people wished they got to beat him up. Personally I couldn't care less about him. Between Gothel, Randall, Hades, and Hans, a Hans boss battle I can live without.

Mother Gothel I wanted to battle because there was some actual build up to a potential battle with her. Marluxia giving her some dark power/magic, and the fact SDG at least interacted with her once beforehand. Could of done one of three things: either battle her with infused dark powers first then battle grim guardianess or battle her teaming with grim guardianess (similar to clayton and the stealth chameleon) or battle her teaming with Marluxia. Any of those would have been better options than just fighting grim guardianess alone.

Randall, self explanatory here. Everyone wished we could have fought this guy in a boss battle. The fight with Randall can be a cross between the Stealth Chameleon in Deep Jungle and Oogie Boogie with using machinery/traps to his advantage. Just like with Gothel, SDG actually crosses paths with Randall. Furthermore, they interact with Randall on more than one occasion during the visit to Monstropolis, sort of implying that an eventual boss battle would take place (unfortunately not, just another tease and denial).

Hades. Yes we already fought him in previous games, but one more round with the Lord of the Dead wouldn't have been problematic. Coming from the someone who wouldn't mind fighting Jafar one last time in a future KH4, battling Hades at the tail end of the Olympus visit in KH3 would have been fine by me. SDG and Hades actually squared off for a moment indicating there would be one last boss battle after the Titans only for Hercules to walk in and deck Hades in the face. What a pathetic way for Hades to go out.

With Hans there was..no build up to a boss battle with him at all. The first time we are introduced to Hans is seeing the back of his head. lol SDG never exchange any sort of interaction with him unlike Gothel, Randall, and Hades. Hans doesn't even talk period. No lines at all. The mysterious mute guy of Arendelle. Compared to the other villains he doesn't seem like anybody of major relevance even in his own world. So skipping straight to a fight with Skoll felt natural with the way the story (or lack of story) played out in Arendelle.

Last edited:

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
The first time we are introduced to Hans is seeing the back of his head. lol SDG never exchange any sort of interaction with him unlike Gothel, Randall, and Hades. Hans doesn't even talk period. Compared to the other villains he doesn't seem like anybody important. So skipping straight to a fight with Skoll felt natural with the way the story (or lack of story) played out in Arendelle.
Even if SDG didn't interact with Hans or know who he is at least they detected his evil intentions when compared to their first and ONLY Encounter with Mother Gothel who just rudely dismissed them as "useless and of no help" and being blissfully clueless about her until Marluxia told them through context which I still say was one of the biggest Red Flags for the trio in Kingdom of Corona. While you do bring up a point they could've given her the Clayton and Barbossa treatment where she has a Heartless assisting here I'm fine with not battling Gothel as a boss cause she isn't really a fighter in the film only using her lies and deceit to her advantage, I think she's the only Disney antagonist from the revival era I'm okay not fighting as a boss. I would however like to have Dr. Facilier, King Candy, Tamatoa, and Te Ka as bosses as long as they don't get the CLU and Randall treatment.

For Hades slightly disappointed he isn't a boss, but compared to Randall and CLU from DDD we fought him so many times before, at least the fight against all 4 Titans made up for the lack of Boss fight against Hades.

Last edited:

Gandalf-the-Wise

Awards
Even if SDG didn't interacted with Hans or know who he is at least they detected his evil intentions when compared to their first and ONLY Encounter with Mother Gothel who just rudely dismissed them as "useless and of no help" and being blissfully clueless about her until Marluxia told them through context which I still say was a Red Flag for the trio. While you do bring up a point they could've given her the Clayton and Barbossa treatment where she has a Heartless assisting here I'm fine with not battling Gothel as a boss cause she isn't really a fighter in the film only using her lies and deceit to her advantage, I think she's the only Disney antagonist from the revival era I'm okay not fighting as a boss. I do however would like to have Dr. Facilier, King Candy, Tamatoa and Te Ka as bosses as long as they don't get the CLU and Randall treatment.

For Hades slightly disappointed he isn't a boss, but compared to Randall and CLU from DDD we fought him so many times before, at least the fight against all 4 Titans made up for the lack of Boss fight against him.

Well you know what, I can respect that. It's just the wishful part of me that was hoping we would receive a more improved version of the visit to the world of Tangled. I partially got that with the first half of the visit, but then later on of course the story would completely sideline SDG and tease a conflict between them and Gothel & Marluxia. The later we finally battle like twenty hours later into the third half of the game, and the other doesn't even get a mini boss battle. It does sort of mend the wounds a bit when Rapunzel and Flynn at least acknowledge SDG again before they leave. Bittersweet, but could have been much worse.

You have a point about Hades. We already did battle him on multiple occasions, both in storyline and in side mission material. Certainly not the same as not fighting Randall because that never happened before, I agree. It just seemed like we were going to have one more go at it with him for old time sake, however the battles with the four titans did suffice enough for the Disney villain battle in Olympus. They were indeed one of my favorite portions of Kingdom Hearts 3.

I am going to update my KHIV list:

Returning
Agrabah: bosses-heartless boss, Sa'luk, The Snake Foreteller, Jafar (Giant Cobra), Jafar (Genie).
Arendelle: bosses-King Runeard, Earth Giant, A giant heartless.
Toy Box: bosses-Zurg, Stinky Pete, Lots o' Huggin' Bear, A giant heartless.
Hundred Acre Wood: Obviously no bosses. It would be hilarious if there was one.

New
Jungle Book: bosses-heartless boss, Kaa, King Louie, Sheer Khan, The Jaguar Foreteller.
Brave: bosses-heartless boss, The Witch, Mor'du, The Bear Foreteller.
Princess and the Frog: bosses-heartless boss, Dr. Facilier.
Moana: bosses-heartless boss, Tamatoa, Te Ka.
The Incredibles: bosses-Syndrome, giant heartless.
Wreck it Ralph: bosses-heartless boss, King Candy.
Gargoyles (keeping the dream alive lol): bosses-heartless boss, Xanatos, Demona, Macbeth, The Weird Sisters, Archmage. (Oberon could be an optional hidden boss battle for a side quest/dlc)

As far as Disney worlds go for KHIV this would be the perfect list (or as close to perfect as you can get) for me. Original worlds honestly doesn't matter as much. Whether we venture through Yozora's world or/and return to Destiny Islands, Radiant Garden, Traverse Town, or/and Twilight Town is all fine by me.

Last edited:

Gandalf-the-Wise

Awards
So this occurred to me earlier this morning, what is everyone's opinions about Atlantica, Neverland, and Pridelands ever returning to the series? Maybe even returning in DDDVII or KHIV? All three of them are similar in that the plot involves the main Disney characters from the original films now having children of their own. They might save this for a future theme about "passing the torch to the next generation" with Sora being much older I imagine. Visiting these worlds (along with witnessing Aladdin and Jasmine marrying in a return visit to Agrabah) could be the fuel to expand on Sora's character growth.

Just a few moments ago I searched other websites and forums to see what other people's thoughts were on what old Disney Worlds they wish to come back in a future game, surprisingly majority of them want Atlantica back. Even going far as to say the underwater battle mechanics in KHIII can be incorporated in that world. Also saying they want a proper return to Atlantica, having it be a full on battle world again instead of a musical one (I can understand the sentiment behind that). Others including myself want Neverland back since Sora never did fulfil his promise to take Kairi to Neverland.

I know some people have said that IF these worlds ever do come back it won't be for a while since the sequel films a considerable amount of time has passed, but what if in some worlds time passes faster (or slower) than others. If not they could just CREATE a whole other plotline for all these worlds entirely like they did for Toy Story, Monster's Inc., and Big Hero 6.

What are your thought on this?

Last edited:

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
Well you know what, I can respect that. It's just the wishful part of me that was hoping we would receive a more improved version of the visit to the world of Tangled. I partially got that with the first half of the visit, but then later on of course the story would completely sideline SDG and tease a conflict between them and Gothel & Marluxia. The later we finally battle like twenty hours later into the third half of the game, and the other doesn't even get a mini boss battle. It does sort of mend the wounds a bit when Rapunzel and Flynn at least acknowledge SDG again before they leave. Bittersweet, but could have been much worse.

You have a point about Hades. We already did battle him on multiple occasions, both in storyline and in side mission material. Certainly not the same as not fighting Randall because that never happened before, I agree. It just seemed like we were going to have one more go at it with him for old time sake, however the battles with the four titans did suffice enough for the Disney villain battle in Olympus. They were indeed one of my favorite portions of Kingdom Hearts 3.

I am going to update my KHIV list:

Returning
Agrabah: bosses-heartless boss, Sa'luk, The Snake Foreteller, Jafar (Giant Cobra), Jafar (Genie).
Arendelle: bosses-King Runeard, Earth Giant, A giant heartless.
Toy Box: bosses-Zurg, Stinky Pete, Lots o' Huggin' Bear, A giant heartless.
Hundred Acre Wood: Obviously no bosses. It would be hilarious if there was one.

New
Jungle Book: bosses-heartless boss, Kaa, King Louie, Sheer Khan, The Jaguar Foreteller.
Brave: bosses-heartless boss, The Witch, Mor'du, The Bear Foreteller.
Princess and the Frog: bosses-heartless boss, Dr. Facilier.
Moana: bosses-heartless boss, Tamatoa, Te Ka.
The Incredibles: bosses-Syndrome, giant heartless.
Wreck it Ralph: bosses-heartless boss, King Candy.
Gargoyles (keeping the dream alive lol): bosses-heartless boss, Xanatos, Demona, Macbeth, The Weird Sisters, Archmage. (Oberon could be an optional hidden boss battle for a side quest/dlc)

As far as Disney worlds go for KHIV this would be the perfect list (or as close to perfect as you can get) for me. Original worlds honestly doesn't matter as much. Whether we venture through Yozora's world or/and return to Destiny Islands, Radiant Garden, Traverse Town, or/and Twilight Town is all fine by me.
Good list though it wouldn't surprise me if Moana, Jungle Book and Wreck-It Ralph would be used for the next KH game that is coming up and not KHIV.

For The Incredibles, I'd say it's likely it will have a new story set after the events of the 2nd film as the Superheroes have been legalized by the Public and would be a good replacement for the Big Hero 6 world.

Regarding Gargoyles, Nomura and his team have to speak with Greg Weisman who is the showrunner of Gargoyles to have them implemented into Kingdom Hearts similar to how Nomura and his team worked with the people from Walt Disney Animation Studios, the Walt Disney Studios for the live-action films and Pixar to have the worlds implemented for KH3. It just will come down if Nomura IS interested on having that implemented along with the fact Greg Weisman left Disney.

So this occurred to me earlier this morning, what is everyone's opinions about Atlantica, Neverland, and Pridelands ever returning to the series? Maybe even returning in DDDVII or KHIV? All three of them are similar in that the plot involves the main Disney characters from the original films now having children of their own. They might save this for a future theme about "passing the torch to the next generation" with Sora being much older I imagine. Visiting these worlds (along with witnessing Aladdin and Jasmine marrying in a return visit to Agrabah) could be the fuel to expand on Sora's character growth.

Just a few moments ago I searched other websites and forums to see what other people's thoughts were on what old Disney Worlds they wish to come back in a future game, surprisingly majority of them want Atlantica back. Even going far as to say the underwater battle mechanics in KHIII can be incorporated in that world. Also saying they want a proper return to Atlantica, having it be a full on battle world again instead of a musical one (I can understand the sentiment behind that). Others including myself want Neverland back since Sora never did fulfil his promise to take Kairi to Neverland.

I know some people have said that IF these worlds ever do come back it won't be for a while since the sequel films a considerable amount of time has passed, but what if in some worlds time passes faster (or slower) than others. If not they could just CREATE a whole other plotline for all these worlds entirely like they did for Toy Story, Monster's Inc., and Big Hero 6.

What are your thought on this?
Other than Agrabah, I don't think Atlantica and Pride Lands will be coming back anytime soon in the KH series as the former hasn't been used in ANY new KH games since KH2 and the latter, although Nomura is a huge fan of the film, hasn't made any world appearances since KH2.

Neverland will all depend if Pirates of the Caribbean and possibly Treasure Planet take it's spot as they are Pirate theme levels, I also expect TP to be used in the next KH game (DD2)

Personally, it will depend on which Disney and Pixar films they choose as worlds in the KH game cause it comes down to the following factors:
  • Which Disney or Pixar films do Nomura and the development team want in the game as worlds.
  • Which Disney worlds they want to reuse again for the specific KH game
  • The themes that the specific Disney or Pixar film have in common to the theme of the specific KH game (e.g. Friendship, Trust, Connections, Promises, etc.)
  • The Story the world can offer
  • The gameplay value and environment that the world can offer.
  • Variety
  • Disney giving Requests and suggestions to which Films they want to see added in the game to Nomura and the team (e.g. Big Hero 6 in KH3)
Recurring Disney Worlds for KH games
  • Olympus/Olympus Coliseum (every KH game except Dream Drop Distance)
  • Agrabah (Every game except BBS, DDD, and KH3)
  • Wonderland (All games but KH2, BBS, DDD, and KH3)
  • 100 Acre Wood (All games but 358/2 Days, Coded, DDD, χ, and Union χ)
  • Halloween Town (All games except Coded, BBS, DDD, KH3, χ, and Union χ)
  • Beast's Castle (Every KH game except first KH game, Chain of Memories, Coded, BBS, DDD, and KH3)
  • Neverland (All games but KH2, Coded, DDD, KH3, χ, and Union χ)
Honestly, this is how I see the Disney films as worlds for the next KH games:

Disney Worlds for KH game before Kingdom Hearts IV (DDD 2)
  • Coco
  • Inside Out
  • Wreck-It Ralph
  • Moana
  • Treasure Planet
  • Atlantis: The Lost Empire
  • Alice in Wonderland (Tim Burton Version) or The Nutcracker and the Four Realms
  • The Jungle Book (1967 animated version)
  • Dumbo
  • Onward
  • Maleficent

Disney Worlds for Kingdom Hearts IV
  • Zootopia
  • Raya and the Last Dragon
  • Soul
  • The Incredibles (following original story after the 2nd film)
  • Princess and the Frog
  • Brave
  • Frozen II (returning world)
  • Toy Story (returning world)
  • Aladdin (returning world; following plot of third film)
  • Lilo & Stitch
  • Winnie the Pooh (returning world)
  • Jungle Cruise

Last edited:

Gandalf-the-Wise

Awards
Disney Worlds for Kingdom Hearts IV
  • Zootopia
  • Raya and the Last Dragon
  • Soul
  • The Incredibles (following original story after the 2nd film)
  • Princess and the Frog
  • Brave
  • Frozen II (returning world)
  • Toy Story (returning world)
  • Aladdin (returning world; following plot of third film)
  • Lilo & Stitch
  • Winnie the Pooh (returning world)
  • Jungle Cruise

As you already know I am in full concurrence for Aladdin, Frozen, Toy Story, and Winnie the Pooh all making a grand return. Also agree with the inclusion of The Incredibles and Princess and the Frog. The six of these in my opinion indicates Kingdom Hearts 4 material.

I have a few questions. First about Lilo and Stitch. Is there any particular reason why that over Moana? Personally the only two reasons I put Moana on my list is that could be the "water/island world" of KHIV and another new princess of heart world too. I mean the whole Hawaii setting in Lilo and Stich is quite similar and can work too so it has that, but what would the story for that world be you think? Will it follow the film storyline or original story? You think Nani or Lilo could be a princess of heart too? It wouldn't be farfetched since Alice was one too (over Ariel no less). Lastly the options of bosses we have between Moana & Lilo and Stitch. In Lilo and Stitch you would fight Gantu again I guess, but I am currently not sure yet how to make a second boss battle with him be interesting. On the other hand you have the combined boss fights of Tamatoa and Te Ka. I personally think the later would be greater of the two, but if Moana goes to KHDDD2 I am alright with that as well.

The other question is about Jungle Cruise. This one intrigues me the most out of your list. I wonder why you included this even before the film's release. I suppose it's already a forgone conclusion that the movie will be a hit success with both Dwayne Johnson and Emily Blunt starring in it. Jungle Cruise could be the new Pirates of the Caribbean-type franchise that Disney has been trying to replicate. Could be a fun world, adventuring through the river alongside Frank Wolff as your party member. Bet Sora would gravitate towards Frank quickly since he is a wise cracking, live action protagonist like Captain Jack Sparrow. Hopefully they keep the Gummiphone for KHIV, can imagine taking a photo with him.

Sora (taking picture): Cheeeeese!
Frank raises the 'People's Eyebrow'
Goofy: Oh I bet that was a great one!
Donald: This might look like a good spot to find some ingr-
Frank: It doesn't matter Donald.

Btw I think the world icon for Jungle Cruise would look like a cross between these two.
deep_jungle-min.pnguntitled.png

I am not familiar with Zootopia, Soul, & Raya and the Last Dragon so no comment on whether those would be good choices or not. Lastly I have recently changed my mind on the matter of Brave since I don't think they would make Merida one of the new Princesses of heart. Brave also is less popular than most other Disney properties so it just might get the side game treatment instead. Just like with Aladdin, I am holding on to my dream of Rapunzel returning with her world (a cross between the series and an original story).

Last edited:
Back