• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Worlds of Kingdom Hearts | Star Wars is here, bby! Other live action films?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Kaijuguy19

Re: Worlds of Kingdom Hearts - What worlds do you want to see in KH3?

Unlikely as it sounds I'd love to see a world based off of the Emperor's New Groove because that would be a great chance at doing pretty funny humor into it. The interactions with the characters for example can be entertaining.

Scorseselover

Unlikely as it sounds I'd love to see a world based off of the Emperor's New Groove because that would be a great chance at doing pretty funny humor into it. The interactions with the characters for example can be entertaining.
As long as David Spade and John Goodman are in it

Neo_

Awards

Please no Star Wars and Marvel. The beauty of Kingdom Hearts in the first place was Disney Animation (our childhood) and Square (our adolescence) balancing each other to create a nostalgic and rewarding experience. I like Star Wars and Marvel, big fan of both properties, but they don't need to work their way into Kingdom Hearts, it honestly would not work.

I feel the Disney worlds in Kingdom Hearts need to go back to their roots. The first KH game had a perfect balance of Disney worlds. Classics like 'Alice In Wonderland' and 'Peter Pan' as well as for the time newer Disney films like 'Hercules' and 'Tarzan', and the odd ball, out of left field choice, 'A Nightmare Before Christmas'. There were 9 Disney worlds in the first KH game and I think 9 or 10 is a good solid number. There is still a wealth of classic Disney films to choose from, and skipping over them in favor for newer more well known films is not the best route in my opinion. Have more classic/older Disney films like 'The Black Cauldron', 'The Jungle Book', and 'Robin Hood', as well as some relatively newer films like 'The Princess And The Frog', 'Frozen', and 'Atlantis: The Lost Empire'. I'm all for Pixar, but It should be limited to only a couple, I'd say 'Toy Story' and 'Monsters Inc.' would work the best and provide interesting settings and themes that would relate well to the overall main plot. The concept of doors in 'Monsters Inc' relates really well to themes in KH, so its an almost obvious choice. 'Atlantis' also has a concept in its film of the heart of city, or the heart of Atlantis, this is another obvious connection that could benefit well into the KH series. Returning worlds like Agrabah and Olympus Coliseum are just staples of the series at this point, and the 3rd Aladdin film could provide some interesting change of pace for the world.

The worlds need to feel diverse, unlike in KH2 were they just felt like rooms with different textures. The worlds need to feel alive and welcome a sense of exploration and adventure. This is something that has been lacking from the series as of late. Platforming and Puzzles should make a return to the series but should be heavily improved on from past entries, these small things give the worlds a sense of scope, and make them feel bigger whether they are big or not. Each world should feel unique.

Frozen (obviously a snow and ice themed world, something that we don't see much of in the series)
The Princess And The Frog (swampy 19th century southern american environments)
The Black Cauldron (medieval dark crumbling castles and dense wilderness)
The Jungle Book (colorful Indian Jungles and ruins)
Toy Story (scaled up every day household areas with unique platforming)
Monsters Inc. (Industrial sci-fi, vast and large)
Atlantis: The Lost Empire (aquatic bright city environments)
Robin Hood (European forest and towns)

All of these provide something different and unique while keeping a good balance with the Disney properties. I'm not choosing which worlds would necessarily be my favorites, but the ones I feel would provide the most benefits to the game in terms of story, themes, and level design.
This guy knows what he's talking about. There would have to be some returning worlds though because just those worlds alone feel too 'second tier' and not iconic enough.

I think Pocahantas is due for a world too. Even though it may be a bit boring like Mulan, it has more recognizable faces like Meeko.

The Dark Mamba

Awards

^
Those worlds he mentioned (except Frozen and Toy Story) are too "second tier" to be the main Disney worlds of KH3. You can get away with a lineup like that for Dream Drop Distance but KH3 should have some more top-tier properties.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards

^
Those worlds he mentioned (except Frozen and Toy Story) are too "second tier" to be the main Disney worlds of KH3. You can get away with a lineup like that for Dream Drop Distance but KH3 should have some more top-tier properties.
The 100 Acre Wood will definitely return as a side-quest world once more;

Agrabah has been with us since the start of the series, so its basically a staple by now and they can work on the plot of the third movie (and it would be fitting, seeing as how this is the third main entry of KH). Other than that, it features Jasmine and she's one of the Seven Pure Hearts.

Atlantica might, or might not return, I dunno. If it returns, it'll definitely NOT be a musical world. It can return and utilize the second movie's plot.

Although Beauty and the Beast doesn't have a sequel, they can work on something original, seeing as how Belle is one of the Seven Pure Hearts. They can also throw Gaston in there.

Although it would be cool to explore Castle Oblivion as a world, I think it has more chances of it being a cutscene exclusive world than an explore-able one.
But Land of Departure will definitely make a comeback, and it'll definitely be a world you can explore.

Castle of Dreams: I think it'll return. They can base the plot on the second movie, and Sora NEEDS to meet Gus, lol. xD Cinderella is also one of the Seven Pure Hearts.

Country of the Musketeers: I can't see this world returning, even though Sora and Riku woke it in the Realm of Sleep. Perhaps it can be integrated in Mickey's world?

Daybreak Town: This will definitely be somewhere in KHIII. It's the hub world of KHχ.

Deep Space: I can't see it returning.

Destiny Islands: It'll DEFINITELY be making a comeback. This is Xehanort's, Sora's and Riku's homeworld, OF COURSE it'll return, haha! But sadly, I'm only seeing this one as a cutscene exclusive world.

Disney Castle will return. I can see them fusing Disney Town with it.

Dwarf Woodlands: It can make a return. They can do something with Maleficent or Xehanort in order for it to become relevant.

Enchanted Dominion: It's Maleficent's and Aurora's homeworld. Maybe she'll kidnap Aurora and we have to fight her?

Halloween Town has been with us since day one, so it might make a comeback, or it might not.

La Cite des Cloches: There's a second movie, so they can work on this world if they'd like.

I can see Neverland returning. We haven't explored much of it with Sora.

Olympus Coliseum is another world that has been with us since the very beginning, so it'll definitely be returning.

Port Royal: Can't see. To me, it has a 50/50 chance of returning or not.

Can't see Pranksters' Paradise nor Monstro returning. But that's just me.

The Pridelands could, or could not be returning.

Space Paranoids/the Grid will DEFINITELY be back. Sora NEEDS to go back and meet with Tron once more.

I can't see Symphony of Sorcery returning.

Land of Dragons could be returning, they even have the plot of the second movie to work on.

The World That Never Was might just be a cutscene exclusive world.

If Neku and company don't return on Shibuya, they'll definitely return on Traverse Town. Maybe Joshua hasn't finished rebuilding Shibuya?

Twilight Town will obviously be back. Roxas needs to meet with his gang once more.

Wonderland will be back, Alice is one of the Pure Hearts.

So to summarize: we can pretty much safely assume that the worlds of the Seven Pure Hearts will be back in KH3, while other worlds that have been since the original KH can come back, too.

The Dark Mamba

Awards

^ Not every PoH world needs to return, only ones with any real material to work with. (Agrabah, Castle of Dreams, Beast's Castle.) Also, you can't see Deep Space returning when it had a 65 episode TV series and Leroy and Stitch? Aladdin and Lilo and Stitch are probably Disney's most expansive animated franchises when it came to sequel material.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards

I actually cannot see Deep Space returning either, if only because I still fully hold the belief that Deep Space and KH's version of where Lilo resides (aka Earth but it won't be called that) won't be shoved into the same world.

But then again, Neverland and London were, as well as Twilight Town and Mysterious Tower, so who knows.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards

^ Not every PoH world needs to return, only ones with any real material to work with. (Agrabah, Castle of Dreams, Beast's Castle.)
I can see every PoH world returning because Maleficent and Xehanort are both a threat to them. They don't necessarily have to have movie material, but they can work on something original.

Also, you can't see Deep Space returning when it had a 65 episode TV series and Leroy and Stitch? Aladdin and Lilo and Stitch are probably Disney's most expansive animated franchises when it came to sequel material.
To this point we haven't seen plot used from animated series episode inside Kingdom Hearts, so that's why I can't see them doing anything.

I actually cannot see Deep Space returning either, if only because I still fully hold the belief that Deep Space and KH's version of where Lilo resides (aka Earth but it won't be called that) won't be shoved into the same world.
I'm the other way around: I can actually see them doing this. Hawaii doesn't necessarily have to be a fully explore-able world, but rather feature some small areas we can see and enjoy.

Lonbilly

Awards

I'm the other way around: I can actually see them doing this. Hawaii doesn't necessarily have to be a fully explore-able world, but rather feature some small areas we can see and enjoy.

I just don't see why Deep Space would need to be featured tbh. Never once does Stitch's plot nor Lilo's actually go into space in the original film, and majority of the show and other films were all in Hawaii. I'd actually really like to see Hawaii be fully explore-able instead of just a few areas (plus imagine how pretty it'd look in the new graphical style).

The Dark Mamba

Awards

When I said Deep Space, I also meant the whole Hawaii thing. But if you watch Leroy and Stitch about 50% of that movie takes place in space which is about 30-40 minutes more than the original. If they can make a world out of 8 minutes of the original than they can do something with that movie.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

I definitely do not want to go back to all of the PoH world. You could just get the Princess from their worlds offscreen. Having all seven of the worlds included will just take up space from newer disney worlds. The only PoH worlds I'm interesten in are Agrabah and Hollow Bastion

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards

I just don't see why Deep Space would need to be featured tbh. Never once does Stitch's plot nor Lilo's actually go into space in the original film, and majority of the show and other films were all in Hawaii. I'd actually really like to see Hawaii be fully explore-able instead of just a few areas (plus imagine how pretty it'd look in the new graphical style).

When I said Deep Space, I also meant the whole Hawaii thing. But if you watch Leroy and Stitch about 50% of that movie takes place in space which is about 30-40 minutes more than the original. If they can make a world out of 8 minutes of the original than they can do something with that movie.
^^^ This can work.

I definitely do not want to go back to all of the PoH world. You could just get the Princess from their worlds offscreen. Having all seven of the worlds included will just take up space from newer disney worlds. The only PoH worlds I'm interesten in are Agrabah and Hollow Bastion
There were approximately twelve worlds in KH2. With the worlds of the Seven PoH, we'd have six worlds left. If six is few, then they can just bump the amount of total worlds in KH3.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards

I'm actually also of the mind that the Princesses aren't going to be guaranteed plot-centric to this game. (As much as I wish they were) The entire point of the seven guardians uniting is so Xehanort won't target the Princesses, he never mentioned striking them down so it seems like that's probably not on his agenda unless the heroes don't come out to play. Basically, if Sora and the others put up a fight it's very possible that we won't see the princesses in III.

Lonbilly

Awards

The only thing is, Leroy wouldn't happen, most likely, in KH3. They'd probably explore the first two films first (and some aspects of the show) before they did that. So I don't see why we'd need Deep Space mashed into Hawaii, for KH3, at least.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards

I'm actually also of the mind that the Princesses aren't going to be guaranteed plot-centric to this game. (As much as I wish they were) The entire point of the seven guardians uniting is so Xehanort won't target the Princesses, he never mentioned striking them down so it seems like that's probably not on his agenda unless the heroes don't come out to play. Basically, if Sora and the others put up a fight it's very possible that we won't see the princesses in III.

Remember that Maleficent is also a threat. Perhaps she'll gather the Seven PoH and confront Xehanort in order to recreate the Chiblade.

Anagram

Banned

Remember that Maleficent is also a threat. Perhaps she'll gather the Seven PoH and confront Xehanort in order to recreate the Chiblade.

Can't blame them. Ever since she became a comedy duo with Pete it's hard to remember she was a threat in one game.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards

We also didn't get to fight her in KH2.

That's been bothering me for quite some time now. Her not even having a boss battle cemented the fact that she was completely worthless in Kingdom Hearts II aside from delivering one hell of an evil laugh in Disney Castle and helping Sora and co. escape at the halfway point of the game in Hollow Bastion.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

That's been bothering me for quite some time now. Her not even having a boss battle cemented the fact that she was completely worthless in Kingdom Hearts II aside from delivering one hell of an evil laugh in Disney Castle and helping Sora and co. escape at the halfway point of the game in Hollow Bastion.

On the flipside though they averted making her look even more incompetent if she had decided to fight personally again and then gets only stomped over by Sora & co. Especially in KH 2 where Sora is portrayed as an overpowered shounen hero who has more gimmicks and special abilities at his disposal than the entire rest of the cast together.
It doesn't really look very good if a supposedly powerful character fights the same adversaries again and again and everytime loses decisively.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards

On the flipside though they averted making her look even more incompetent if she had decided to fight personally again and then gets only stomped over by Sora & co. Especially in KH 2 where Sora is portrayed as an overpowered shounen hero who has more gimmicks and special abilities at his disposal than the entire rest of the cast together.
It doesn't really look very good if a supposedly powerful character fights the same adversaries again and again and everytime loses decisively.

After Sora defeated her in her normal form, and dragon form back as a rookie Keyblade Wielder in the original KH, he would have made a jester out of her if he had confronted Maleficent, specially how she was just revived.

Back