• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Worlds of Kingdom Hearts | Star Wars is here, bby! Other live action films?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Anagram

Banned
Re: Worlds of Kingdom Hearts - What worlds do you want to see in KH3?

The problem with having a ton of worlds is the threat of filler.

Sadly the worlds already have that problem and have ever since Chain of Memories.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

Dream drop distance would like to say hi, closest to a filler world in that game would be country of musketeers, and even that was implemented well.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards

Dream drop distance would like to say hi, closest to a filler world in that game would be country of musketeers, and even that was implemented well.

^^^ This. They can implement filler worlds that are entertaining and add only a bit to the general plot. And it's okay to have a filler, or two in there somewhere. It's not always good to saturate our mind with the plot, so we can have time to process it (specially KH, lol).

Anagram

Banned

It can say hi all it wants it still also suffers from the copy-paste formula of putting the character in the movie plot. Sora had the more original versions similar to KH1 but Riku didn't.
Every game after KH1 had filler in some or fashion and it's only BBS and DDD that had instances of both filler and the none.

But I hated DDD's combat so much I couldn't enjoy it. But thats a personal thing not storytelling.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards

Then you'll have to eat DDD's gameplay at KHIII, seeing as how it'll return in some shape or form (which I think he specifically said Flowmotion would be returning, so worlds might be as big as DDD, or bigger).

Anagram

Banned

I wont have to do nothing. I'm hoping it's altered or improved enough it's tolerable since he said KH2 was involved with the gameplay as well. If not I'm likely never play or do so slowly, unlock theater mode, and not play again.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards

It can say hi all it wants it still also suffers from the copy-paste formula of putting the character in the movie plot. Sora had the more original versions similar to KH1 but Riku didn't.
Every game after KH1 had filler in some or fashion and it's only BBS and DDD that had instances of both filler and the none.

But I hated DDD's combat so much I couldn't enjoy it. But thats a personal thing not storytelling.

Can you elaborate more?
The copy paste formula is bad but only KH1 can get away with it? Is Riku not having the movie plot a negative?
I agree with every game afterwards having filler(looking at you KH2) but I don't think DDD falls under that.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards

I wont have to do nothing. I'm hoping it's altered or improved enough it's tolerable since he said KH2 was involved with the gameplay as well. If not I'm likely never play or do so slowly, unlock theater mode, and not play again.

I think they'll find a balance between the traditional KH mechanics and the new one introduced in DDD

The Dark Mamba

Awards

Can you elaborate more?
The copy paste formula is bad but only KH1 can get away with it? Is Riku not having the movie plot a negative?
I agree with every game afterwards having filler(looking at you KH2) but I don't think DDD falls under that.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

When it came to character development for Sora and Riku(Riku especially), I thought the worlds in 3D were great. And I didn't mind them using the movie plots because they alternate for em both. Sora gets a carbon copy of the plots for Hunchback and Musketeers while Riku gets the plot of Legacy.

Anagram

Banned

Can you elaborate more?

Spoiler Spoiler Show
I can elaborate but I see no point too. It's a topic I've tread many times and I've found what is exactly filler tends to be opinion or the opposing party likes the world regardless making discussing it pointless.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Now granted filler isnt' entirely bad. But when you lean on it more than originality then you have an argument to make.
I should mention I dont hate DDD's story but it's gameplay. The only story complaint was time travel. But filler was there.

I think they'll find a balance between the traditional KH mechanics and the new one introduced in DDD
I wouldn't mind that. I miss the traditional KH way. I didnt' know I did but when we got those remixes I realized it quick.

Last edited:

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards

Well, it's been tons of game after KH2, so of course we're gonna miss it. xP

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards

I agree, filler discussions are very subjective even by going with text book definition. Funny I've yet to see anyone agreeing on what filler is and not, but then again I don't play much video games(or browse other boards daily).

I guess it didn't feel like filler to me because I knew we were getting deeper and deeper into Xehanort's clutches.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards

I agree, filler discussions are very subjective even by going with text book definition. Funny I've yet to see anyone agreeing on what filler is and not, but then again I don't play much video games(or browse other boards daily).

I guess it didn't feel like filler to me because I knew we were getting deeper and deeper into Xehanort's clutches.

^^^ My thoughts exactly. And besides: it was fun to play.

Anagram

Banned

Well, it's been tons of game after KH2, so of course we're gonna miss it. xP

I missed it more than I realized though. lol
I'd actually rather have it back over anything else. Imagining how they could improve the traditional way with what they have experimented with over the years gets me hype.

gibbs615

I would like to see Enchancia from "Sofia the First" in KH3! It could be a mini-game world like how winnie the pooh was in KH1 and KH2,and like how the little mermaid world was in KH2.Seeing Sora bond with Sofia COULD be interesting cause they both have big hearts:biggrin: I just hope that while they're working on the game right now,they see this on here if they're looking over the web at fan discussions like this and get interested in this good suggestion and put it in the game.

Last edited:

BlazeHeatnix

I'd like to see Deep Jungle again. If I remember right, the whole copyright issue with Edgar Rice Burroughs has been settled at this point and Disney has all rights to use the Disney version in their material.

Then again, they already did the plot of the movie and Tarzan 2 is a prequel.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards

I'd like to see Deep Jungle again. If I remember right, the whole copyright issue with Edgar Rice Burroughs has been settled at this point and Disney has all rights to use the Disney version in their material.

Then again, they already did the plot of the movie and Tarzan 2 is a prequel.

^^^ Tarzan 2 would have been genius in BbS, but they can use the animated series plots in KH3. But that would be spectacular: Deep Jungle making a return on the final game.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

Tbh down the road I'd like to see something like end of the world. That was the best final world of any kh game period. Bbs and DDD came closest, though twtnw was already in II and it sucked and the keyblade graveyard was small, narrow, and didn't quite capture the feeling of the secret ending. And I would be okay if we saw a glimpse of all end worlds of past games in III, just a glimpse in the new graphical style, but by god, if III doesn't have an original ending world I don't know how I'll feel.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards

Bbs and DDD came closest,
BbS: I really liked how you had to beat a horde of Unversed, much like you had to beat a horde of Heartless back in End of the World.

DDD: It was cool that we got to explore an entirely different section of the City That Never Was, and other parts of the Castle That Never Was! :eek:

though twtnw was already in II and it sucked
To be honest I think TWTNW is cool. It's where everything since KINGDOM HEARTS II starts. Master Xehanort started his post-BbS machinations in there.

and the keyblade graveyard was small, narrow, and didn't quite capture the feeling of the secret ending.
I think that may have been due to the limitations of the PSP's technology, just at how paper cut the background looks. *shrugs*

TAnd I would be okay if we saw a glimpse of all end worlds of past games in III, just a glimpse in the new graphical style,
There will definitely be an instance where we'll have to go to the Castle That Never Was, breach it, and attempt to attack MX, but I don't think End of the World will make a return, seeing as how that "world" was actually the remains of the other, existing worlds. And since Sora and Riku rescued all worlds, then it definitely won't be returning.

but by god, if III doesn't have an original ending world I don't know how I'll feel.
I'm thinking it won't. I think III's ending world will be the Keyblade Graveyard, seeing as how the series has build up for the fated encounter (the Seven Guardians of Light, and the Thirteen Seekers of Darkness), and the Keyblade War. The only way an original end world would work is that MX obtains Kingdom Hearts and the endworld could be the one, perfect world in process of creation that Xehanort wants.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

TWTNW didn't technically exist so I don't know why xehanort couldn't utilize kingdom hearts and create a separate realm above or near the KG.

Back