• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Worlds of Kingdom Hearts | Star Wars is here, bby! Other live action films?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
Re: Worlds of Kingdom Hearts - What worlds do you want to see in KH3?

Black Cauldron isn't mentioned at Disney because it was considered their lowest point in the company. The movie was criticized for haphazard animation, being too scary for small children, and made nearly no money at the time of release. It was the movie that almost was the knife in the wound of the Disney company; they don't mention it because they're ashamed of that period in the company's history.

Plus, I've seen Black Cauldron, and it's okay at best. It's not as bad as Princess Diaries 2 or Home on the Range, but it's not great either.
The animation is mediocre at best, the creepy stuff never scared me as a kid (Maybe because I personally wasn't that sensitive), and to be honest, along with the other people, I wouldn't want to see it in theaters too. But this is the future, many people love the movie now, I don't think it's a bad idea to add it to the game.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards

The animation is mediocre at best, the creepy stuff never scared me as a kid (Maybe because I personally wasn't that sensitive), and to be honest, along with the other people, I wouldn't want to see it in theaters too. But this is the future, many people love the movie now, I don't think it's a bad idea to add it to the game.

It's story is fine for the game it is in. For an action-oriented game, like Kingdom Hearts, its story is easy to incorporate, and though the movie doesn't have any of that Disney charm that most Disney movies reek of, it would make an interesting world that would be relatively unique to the series.

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards

Black Cauldron may have that black sheep reputation inside Disney, but it’s far from the worst in their animated canon. Home on the Range was pretty terrible and Chicken Little and Bolt were incredibly bland. Going back further, The Aristocats was just plain boring (and the Aristocats themselves were tremendously grating as characters. I love cats, but not a scene went by that I didn’t want to punch at least 2of them) and was saved by the appearance of the alley cats and those 2 dogs.
I could go on about other movies, but it’s getting late here and I have to go to work tomorrow. So I’ll make this short:
If nothing else, at least The Black Cauldron has a vastly more interesting setting and a villain useful enough to include in a series like KH over roughly a 3rd of Disney’s Animated Canon. The fact that the movie itself failed to properly convey this is largely irrelevant. Hell, perhaps an appearance in KH could improve on that matter. It gets my vote.

ok sunny

Awards

How about the Sword in the Stone? With that we'd be able to see Merlin's origin world!

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards

How about the Sword in the Stone? With that we'd be able to see Merlin's origin world!

There already was a Kingdom Hearts comic featuring Merlin, Arthur, and Archimedes in the Sword in the Stone with Sora, Donald, and Goofy! It was the same comic the Hunchback of Notre Dame world was featured in, I can't see why not :)

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards

I'm actually surprised about something. No one actually mentioned the Disney movie "Dinosaurs". That one should be really good if its possible.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards

I'm actually surprised about something. No one actually mentioned the Disney movie "Dinosaurs". That one should be really good if its possible.

I'd think it had more to do with the fact that not many people really knew about the film or even remember that it was a thing. You mentioning it was the only reason I was able to bring forth the memory of watching the film in the first place and even then, I don't remember how the movie went, only that it was something that my brother and I saw while visiting relatives over in the Philippines way back in 2001.

Of course, that's just me. It wasn't particularly memorable for me, but that may not be the case for other people.

Precursor Mar

Man that movie takes me back, I had it on VHS (that's what those cassette tapes were called, right?). How would it be done though? Turn Sora and the gang into dinos?

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards

Dinosaurs isn't a bad Disney film - hell, I'd say it's a pretty decent film despite not being a top notch Disney film. But I think it's one of the last properties I'd want put into KH. Regardless of what form Sora would take, I can't really see what the real thrill would be to go to the world.

Honestly, I'd rather have a Marvel/Star Wars world than Dinosaurs tbh just because Dinosaurs would be kinda boring.

Although, I'd gladly take a Dinosaurs world before Chicken Little.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards

Dinosaurs isn't a bad Disney film - hell, I'd say it's a pretty decent film despite not being a top notch Disney film. But I think it's one of the last properties I'd want put into KH. Regardless of what form Sora would take, I can't really see what the real thrill would be to go to the world.

Honestly, I'd rather have a Marvel/Star Wars world than Dinosaurs tbh just because Dinosaurs would be kinda boring.

Although, I'd gladly take a Dinosaurs world before Chicken Little.

With the engine of the game is taking, you and many other will find some way immersively exciting. I could bet on that for sure.

Man that movie takes me back, I had it on VHS (that's what those cassette tapes were called, right?). How would it be done though? Turn Sora and the gang into dinos?

Yes, they were called VHS but I believe DVDs were more around its time. Sora would definitely be turned into a Dinosaur and save the world from a catastrophic heartless meteor. Something similar to that, hopefully we will see.

I'd think it had more to do with the fact that not many people really knew about the film or even remember that it was a thing. You mentioning it was the only reason I was able to bring forth the memory of watching the film in the first place and even then, I don't remember how the movie went, only that it was something that my brother and I saw while visiting relatives over in the Philippines way back in 2001.

Of course, that's just me. It wasn't particularly memorable for me, but that may not be the case for other people.

Maybe you knew, but I knew those Dinosaurs before they even went Hollywood! lol. Remember going into Disney's Animal Kingdom and getting on the ride "Countdown to Extinction" ? That used to be name of the ride there before they changed into "Dinosaurs".

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

I would LOVE a dinosaur themed KH world. Is there any other movie besides Dinosaur that is dinosaur themed?

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards

I would LOVE a dinosaur themed KH world. Is there any other movie besides Dinosaur that is dinosaur themed?

Disney movies? Dinosaurs is the only one out there from Disney so far. Now there's a collaboration with Pixar releasing a new animated movie.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards

Not a movie but besides Dinosaurs there's Dinosaurs.
Dinocast.jpg

ok sunny

Awards

There's The Good Dinosaur film by Pixar coming out in November. It may be too late to make the cut, though.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

Well, if there aren't any other available dinosaur themes Disney movies, then I guess a Dinosaur world would be okay. What type of dinosaurs would you want SDG to be?

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards

Sora would be something bipedal, like a velociraptor. Goofy would be something large and bulky, like a triceratops or ankylosaurus. Donald would be an archaeopteryx.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards

Maybe you knew, but I knew those Dinosaurs before they even went Hollywood! lol. Remember going into Disney's Animal Kingdom and getting on the ride "Countdown to Extinction" ? That used to be name of the ride there before they changed into "Dinosaurs".

I might have been to there maybe once before permanently moving from California to Florida. It's been a while, but now that you mention it, it does sound familiar...

Not a movie but besides Dinosaurs there's Dinosaurs.
Dinocast.jpg

Holy crap, I almost forgot about that one, too! I used to watch that show in my grandparent's house all the time as a kid.

Precursor Mar

Maybe Disney will eventually buy Universal Studios so we can get a Land Before Time world. :)

Sora would be something bipedal, like a velociraptor. Goofy would be something large and bulky, like a triceratops or ankylosaurus. Donald would be an archaeopteryx.

I doubt they'll be turned into any carnivores since they'll be with the herbivore characters.

The Dark Mamba

Awards

Well, if there aren't any other available dinosaur themes Disney movies, then I guess a Dinosaur world would be okay. What type of dinosaurs would you want SDG to be?

Don't forget the dino-segment from Fantasia.

I know KH likes to throw in a wild-card type world as a surprise but I'd beyond stunned if they put that Dino-2000 movie in. In terms of notoriety/popularity it's probably in their F-class.

Last edited:
Back