• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Worlds of Kingdom Hearts | Star Wars is here, bby! Other live action films?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Re: Worlds of Kingdom Hearts - Top 3 Worlds You Want w/explanation

What is ABZU?

It's an underwater simulating video game set for release on the second of August this year. It's been first shown on the E3...was it 2014?
Thinking about it, I think there has been a similar game for the Wii years ago...
Edit: Said similar game was Endless Ocean. Woop.

Anyway, to everyone else, I get that the map was weird/repetitive and the world was kinda bland looking/dark in KH1, but just imagine what Atlantica could look like compared to the worlds we've seen so far in KH3 trailers. I think that they've learned from the past games on how to approach Atlantica for battle. I actually think including Atlantica in KH1 was a HUGE risk and something that I wouldn't expect from the first game in the series to do, and taking into consideration other water levels at the time of KH1, they did a pretty good job with Atlantica.

There's already something they can build upon storywise, specifically main story focused. That being Triton's knowledge of the keyblade. I do think it would be interesting to see them use this and maybe even incorporate Ariel in it. Perhaps Triton found a way to make Ariel not a princess of heart? I just think that Atlantica can still use a proper goodbye, so that another water world can be introduced in KH4.

I mean, I don't doubt Atlantica would look great and I think the mechanics would work a loot better now.
The only thing I wonder about is what it would be about? I mean, they wouldn't just make up a whole new plot for it based on Triton's knowledge, right? And they can't go with the TLM 2 plot, either.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards

It's an underwater simulating video game set for release on the second of August this year. It's been first shown on the E3...was it 2014?
Thinking about it, I think there has been a similar game for the Wii years ago...
Edit: Said similar game was Endless Ocean. Woop.

I mean, I don't doubt Atlantica would look great and I think the mechanics would work a loot better now.
The only thing I wonder about is what it would be about? I mean, they wouldn't just make up a whole new plot for it based on Triton's knowledge, right? And they can't go with the TLM 2 plot, either.

They can go with Little Mermaid 2's plot, just no daughter. Morgana can return for revenge on Triton and Ariel, Sora and company stop her. At the end of KH3 in the credits we see Ariel with her daughter. Morgana can even revive Ursula or something. Clearly Xehanort had an interest in Ursula, using her to attack Sora and Riku in DDD.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards

Treasure Planet: From the characters to the world, there's too many unique gameplay and lore elements for Treasure Planet not to be considered. Plus, you have to consider the fact that, there's seldom Disney neo-renaissance representation aside Lilo and Stitch.

Wreck-It Ralph: After the announcement of Wreck-It Ralph 2, it's evident that Disney considered the franchise a favourite. People may argue, "It can't happen because of the Sega, Nintendo and Capcom cameos!" but they were nothing more than minor cameos. Besides, The Grid has already been used for Tron Legacy so we gotta have another substitute for the "computer world".

Oz, The Great and Powerful: Yes, this is a really odd request, but here me out: Disney has made a bunch of Live Action worlds, and with the power of Unreal Engine 4, the realistic look of this world can be achieved. Plus, because it's a fantasy property, it completely fits the fantasy motif of Kingdom Hearts. For the averageness of the movie's plot, it looks beautiful: you cannot deny that.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards

I'm still not sold on Wreck-it-Ralph. It just feels... too meta? If that makes sense. In the movie, the point is that all these characters are video game characters with 'real lives' outside of their games. It wouldn't be surprising to see Xemnas at the Bad-Anon meeting with the rest of the villains.

How will they extract Sora from the meta of it all unless they just ignore it all together? There's no way they can avoid a 'new Buzz Lightyear' situation where Sora doesn't even realize he's a video game character. They'd have focus only on a very specific part of the movie. That could stunt the world and make the story contrived because they artificially extend it for the sake of gameplay.

They could come at it from the perspective that Sora is the one playing the arcade games and he enters them like Tron or Winnie the Pooh, but I dunno. I guess I can't envision it properly.

Last edited:

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards

DON'T MENTION THE DOLPHIN!!
What I really disliked was honestly the "chests" in Atlantica. Every time you think "OMG ANOTHER CHEST!" it's one you've already opened >_>
Don't remind of the clams... I hated that they don't stay open. (Open chests tell me I've been there! Why would you close them and confuse me?!)

I'm still not sold on Wreck-it-Ralph. It just feels... too meta? If that makes sense. In the movie, the point is that all these characters are video game characters with 'real lives' outside of their games. It wouldn't be surprising to see Xemnas at the Bad-Anon meeting with the rest of the villains.

How will they extract Sora from the meta of it all unless they just ignore it all together? There's no way they can avoid a 'new Buzz Lightyear' situation where Sora doesn't even realize he's a video game character. They'd have focus only on a very specific part of the movie. That could stunt the world and make the story contrived because they artificially extend it for the sake of gameplay.

The could come at it from the perspective that Sora is the one playing the arcade games and he enters them like Tron or Winnie the Pooh, but I dunno. I guess I can't envision it properly.
The meta-ness can't be avoid but like you've said at the end, it can work just like with Space Paranoids. There could be a small arcade somewhere and Fix-It Felix, Jr, Sugar Rush and Hero's Duty (and they're hub Game Central Station) all work like Space Paranoids and the Datascape. Ralph and the others would assume Sora and crew are fellow video game characters (maybe even ask what game they're from) and either use the plot of the movie or adapt it into KH's plot.

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards

I think people's complaints about Atlantica in KH1 is my same complaints about Deep Jungle. That word was miserable because miss jumps means having to climb back to start over again.

I admit I enjoy that challenge more than the straight-line KH2 worlds but still, I wasn't sad never to go back there again.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards

The movement and combat in Atlantica was a bit of a problem for me in KH1, in all honesty. In that world, much like how I feel about the final bosses in the game, it stripped away some of the mechanics that made the rest of the game so great. KH1 truly has top notch combat, but it felt a little watered (pun intended) down in those segments of the game. I agree that the world's bigger issue was its layout, though. I'm all for being challenged by level structure, but I don't like artificial difficulty. Something shouldn't be difficult because of poor design. I'd be totally down to see Atlantica, or another underwater world such as Nemo, appear as a fully-fledged KH experience in KH3, so long as we don't see the issues that plagued the world the first time. It is certainly possible to do it well though.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards

They could come at it from the perspective that Sora is the one playing the arcade games and he enters them like Tron or Winnie the Pooh, but I dunno. I guess I can't envision it properly.

To be honest, I don't see anything as "too meta" after they did the live action world of Port Royal. We literally saw Donald and Goofy walking around in "the real world" and NO ONE question it. Also, they had Sora completely forget that he was ON a REAL pirate ship (ie the Jolly Roger) a year before Port Royal (confirmed to be in his memory when he summons Peter Pan). Yes, a lot of Port Royal's stuff got me angry, but to say that Wreck-It Ralph won't work because of something like "it's too meta" is being a little too picky in my opinion.

Simple solution: Radiant Garden has an arcade, there are 3 games in it - Fix-It Felix, Sugar Rush and Hero's Duty - game station connects those 3 games. Ralph wants to be a hero and maybe Sora takes him out of his game to do this. This can relate to Sora's own feelings of wanting to leave his home world and wanting to be a "true hero". It can also tie into the main plot. Say that they lost access to Tron/Space Paranoids and they need another way in and they believe that they can use the arcade to get in. So they have to enter this world.

disney233

Awards
Re: Worlds of Kingdom Hearts - What do you want to see in KH3?

There was no good reason for Frollo not to fight Sora in KH3D. The biggest shame of that world and the ultimate failure this series keeps reliving is that the world of Hunchback doesn't factor into the gameplay AT ALL. Not once in-game do you interact with any of the characters on the field. You can't summon the gargoyles for assistance. Quasimodo doesn't swing down and help you fight. Phoebus, a motherfucking knight with a sword doesn't fight with or against you at any point. Why even make a game with Disney properties in it if you're not going to let the GAME have anything to do with Disney?

Let's be real here. I don't think any protagonist or character helps you out in DDD. Seriously, why couldn't MICKEY HIMSELF, let alone the Musketeers help you fight the Beagle Boys and Pete? You get no real allies in DDD.

disney233

Awards

Everyone everyone. On topic, I think we all know who should come in for KH3. Bill Cipher. Nough said. Just hear me out because I have this idea, Bill Cipher's summoning would be made by Maleficent as a last resort to claim Kingdom Hearts before Xehanort. Here's the story, before she departs her castle, she creates a strange symbol on the floors of her fortress, and should things go wrong, she will return for one last resort: to summon the 'being with answers' I feel this would be the right time to summon Bill. So she summons him, and she makes a deal help her claim Kingdom Hearts, and in return Bill wants the two keys of light and darkness for his prize. Plus...I can seriously picture this fight should Nomura consider Gravity Falls as a world(which be probably won't unfortunately)

this_is_what_i_want_for_kingdom_hearts_3_by_dasruedi-d9huq5m.jpg

SomeKHFan

Awards

3 worlds I would like to see that haven't been used yet for Kingdom Hearts.

Also, I'm going by the presumption that each Disney world in KH3 will fit a certain setting, like Tangled fitting the Classical Princess setting (can be argued against) and Big Hero 6 fitting either the Urban city or Hero setting. Frozen, which isn't one of the world's I'm interested in but is most likely in KH3, will fit the tundra/snowy landscape theme.

1- Atlantis, which can be argued to fit a water setting. The city of Atlantis itself would be a fun place to travel through, especially with the world meant to be open for exploration. If the glide ability was available I would have such fun travelling around the city. It's even possible there might be some knowledge of the Keyblade Wars with how long the people have lived, although this is unlikely. In the end, it should be a fun world to explore.

2- Disney's Dinasaur, for one main reason......DinoSora. It would hopefully be fun to play Sora as a Dinosaur and we've already played him as a lion before. It would be a good world to fit a wasteland setting and It would also show Sora a world that has been destroyed by something other than darkness, in this case a meteor. The Dinosaur heartless would also be interesting. Wonder what the would would be named though.

3- The Jungle Book, which was in the past indicated to be involved in the series (cut from KHBBS). It would fit the Jungle/Forest setting and It will hopefully be fun exploring this setting. Considering Haley Joel Osmont voiced Mogli in JB2, it'll probably get a bit confusing though, unless they get a different voice actor for Mogli. The recent live action version by Disney (and the upcoming live action one coming out in 2018 being made by Warner Bros) would make people interested in KH3 if this world appeared in it. Why Warner Bros. are making a live action one so soon after the Disney one I don't know.

I'll quickly mention that world which have already been used that I want appearing are Alladin, possibly with the King of Thieves storyline fitting in with the KH plot (Unlless it's an original) and fitting with the desert setting (Prince of Persia is the only other Disney desert setting movie I can think of and there's legal reasons with Ubisoft that is unlikely) and Pirates of the Carribean, which would fit a pirate setting.......and I want to fight the Kraken. Perfectly good reason.

Also want a Fullmetal Alchemist world but that's not Disney so my hopes aren't that high for it.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

give me princess and the frog world/mafia crossover

The city of New Orleans had survived the War of 1812, the Civil War and god knows how many hurricanes. But when Sora Clay went after the Dr. Facillier in 1968, he inflicted more damage than all those wars and hurricanes combined.

gibbs615

Ya know after just seeing that premiere of "Elena of Avalor" I now wonder if Nomura has thought of THAT being in KH3?!

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Ya know after just seeing that premiere of "Elena of Avalor" I now wonder if Nomura has thought of THAT being in KH3?!

The show just came out, bro. It likely hasn't even been translated into Japanese yet for it to be watched. Momentai.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

I'd do anything for Aimee Carrero to come to Kingdom Hearts

gibbs615

The show just came out, bro. It likely hasn't even been translated into Japanese yet for it to be watched. Momentai.
Well when it is and if he DOES check it out, perhaps he might think of that for KH3 then!

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Well sure.

If you want KH3 to be delayed into 2019-2020 just so you can see your Disney show included.

gibbs615

Well sure.

If you want KH3 to be delayed into 2019-2020 just so you can see your Disney show included.
Well I don't know exactly how it goes but if they're still working on it then it might not be too late for them to add it before its release next year.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Well I don't know exactly how it goes but if they're still working on it then it might not be too late for them to add it before its release next year.
Let's hypothetically say that since the first episode aired the other night, they have someone do a translation of the episode and general premise of the show and sent it off to Nomura sometime this coming week.

He reads it and enjoys it. Now he has to fit the plot of an Elena of Avalor world into the overarching plot of the game, e.g. adding in an original villain. That means the other world plots now have to be edited so he can shuffle those villains around so they still work thematically but are able to be included in this new world.

This might take a month or two and that's just on the writing side. Concurrently, the dev team would have to create brand new textures, artwork, textures and layouts of the world. They need to also create character models and Heartless that thematically fit in with that world. Then they need to implement the plot, working on cutscenes, treasure chest locations, side quests, mini-games etc.

Because of the late addition of this world that Nomura inserted to please only you, they are faced with a tough choice. Release a game for their chosen release date that has been slightly rushed since the addition of a new world meant less QA and bug testing on other parts of the game, or delay the game so they can thoroughly ensure everything in the game runs smoothly.

A buggy game released means Square Enix's reputation takes a dive, Kingdom Hearts gets a bad reputation and the state of AAA games are called into question once again as "nothing but games with glitches and bugs are released".

A delay would piss off fans globally as the game is in it's 2nd year of development on Unreal Engine (3-4th year if you could all the pre-production work on Luminous as well as the writing side of the development) and there are people who claim they've waited 10 years for this game because to them nothing exists between Kingdom Hearts 2 and 3.

Face it, at this stage all the worlds have already been chosen. They were decided by since what, August 2015? The team is aiming for a 2017 release for this game no doubt, a new addition like an entirely new world would just be bad news all round.

redcrown

Awards

Face it, at this stage all the worlds have already been chosen. They were decided by since what, August 2015? The team is aiming for a 2017 release for this game no doubt, a new addition like an entirely new world would just be bad news all round.

Which makes me wonder now; instead of what worlds you guys would want, what worlds are most likely going to be in KH3?

Back