• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Worlds of Kingdom Hearts | Star Wars is here, bby! Other live action films?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

BluePikmin11

Awards
Re: Worlds of Kingdom Hearts - Top 3 Worlds You Want w/explanation

Would you guys classify the Toy Story world as one of the surprise picks Nomura chose for Kingdom Hearts 3.

I know with data evidence this would be an obvious choice, but for a long time there was some doubt Pixar worlds would get in the game.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

Would you guys classify the Toy Story world as one of the surprise picks Nomura chose for Kingdom Hearts 3.

I know with data evidence this would be an obvious choice, but for a long time there was some doubt Pixar worlds would get in the game.
I wouldnt necessarily call it a surprise. Given how huge and profitable KH3 will be, I had a feeling Disney would finally allow Nomura to put Toy Story in the game.

BluePikmin11

Awards

I see.

And just to make sure, were there 12 Disney worlds in Kingdom Hearts 2? I jus want to make sure so I can avoid breaking the criteria Nomura has put recently for KH3 this year.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

I see.

And just to make sure, were there 12 Disney worlds in Kingdom Hearts 2? I jus want to make sure so I can avoid breaking the criteria Nomura has put recently for KH3 this year.

Yup twelve Disney worlds in total in KH2. Thirteen if you count Mysterious Tower

BluePikmin11

Awards

Ok cool, now I just need to wait for the full Famitsu interview translation then I'll be set to post my huge KH3 prediction list. I have A LOT to say it and I put my all into these predictions as a KH fan.

Zenix

So I have a quick question. I believe Nomura has stated before he doesn't like to use two worlds with the similar themes in the same game. So for example Jungle Book and Deep Jungle. Both are jungle themed, so only one could make it in KH1. I'm guessing that was also probably the reason Jungle Book got scrapped from Birth By Sleep as well since Neverland also has a Jungle themed island.

So given that Lilo & Stitch and Jungle Book both have a pretty good chance of making it into KH3, would you consider these two world to be too similar for them both to make it into KH3? I mean we have never had a tropical themed world like Lilo & Stitch. So would you consider a tropical themed world to be similar enough to count for the traditional jungle themed world we get in a lot of KH games?

Soldier

Awards

So I have a quick question. I believe Nomura has stated before he doesn't like to use two worlds with the similar themes in the same game. So for example Jungle Book and Deep Jungle. Both are jungle themed, so only one could make it in KH1. I'm guessing that was also probably the reason Jungle Book got scrapped from Birth By Sleep as well since Neverland also has a Jungle themed island.

So given that Lilo & Stitch and Jungle Book both have a pretty good chance of making it into KH3, would you consider these two world to be too similar for them both to make it into KH3? I mean we have never had a tropical themed world like Lilo & Stitch. So would you consider a tropical themed world to be similar enough to count for the traditional jungle themed world we get in a lot of KH games?
Technically speaking, the Destiny Islands counts as a tropical themed world. And in my opinion a tropical themed world relies on beaches, sand and palm trees among other nautical themes. a jungle themed world is more reliant on dense foliage and exotic plant life to differentiate it.

Zenix

Technically speaking, the Destiny Islands counts as a tropical themed world. And in my opinion a tropical themed world relies on beaches, sand and palm trees among other nautical themes. a jungle themed world is more reliant on dense foliage and exotic plant life to differentiate it.

I see. See I've been trying to come up with a world list prediction for KH3 and I'm only including 10 Disney worlds total since Nomura said there would be fewer Disney worlds for KH3 than there was for KH2. I've got most of the worlds figured out, except for the last one. I'm trying to decide between Jungle Book or Sword in the Stone.

I'm thinking Jungle Book because it's been scrapped from so many games that it seems like KH3 would be it's time to shine. But then on the other hand I'm considering Sword in the Stone more so for story purposes, since you could have Lea & Kairi training with Merlin in the Sword in the Stone world and maybe part of their training is helping Wart become king.

So I was trying to see I was trying to see if people considered a Jungle Theme and Tropical Theme to be different, so that maybe including a Lilo & Stitch world would disqualify Jungle Book.

redcrown

Awards

Treasure Planet- cause the setting it cool

Frozen- cause snow is fun and pretty

Monsters Inc- cause interesting character stuff might happen and monster designs

Porti

1. Star Wars: This is way too perfect not to be considered. It has the exact same themes as KH and a story so close to KH1 that you might even think Nomura was A BIT inspired. It has potentially the best boss ever, has a HUGE marketing value right now and is just an extremely cool world to imagine. Also, it doesn't suck like the newer POTC movies, so there's that.

2. Silly Symphonies: The themes and artistic styles were always kinda balanced in Kingdom Hearts and I know Nomura loves oldschool animation as much as I do. From a world-building perspective there is a gigantic freedom for creativity and some of the Disney roots need to be represented in KH3.

3. Princess and the Frog: In my oppinion, great movie with a fantastic setting and awesome villain. (And the muuusic guys!). Don't really see that one coming, though. Which is alright, I guess, maybe we don't need a swamp. But some of the characters would be cool to see.

Anyway, if I were to predict the upcoming Disney worlds, the list would go:
1. Frozen (which is THE Disney movie right now)
2. Star Wars (it's gonna happen guys)
3. Jungle Book (great characters, great theme and the movie to best represent Disney's Reitherman-age in the 60's)
4. Lilo and Stitch (you already know it)
5. Pocahontas (Everybody loves the Disney 90's age and this is the only one missing)
6. A returning world. I would guess Alice, because it has so much potential in regards of world building. Maybe Aladdin.
7. Minigame world. Probably Pooh? Maybe something like Bambi or Mary Poppins? Or maybe this is the place for my Silly Symphonies?

Actually, now that I think about it, Pocahontas might not be the choice I would go for when developing this game. I would go for Silly Symphonies and let Aladdin represent the 90's (again) or something like that. Didn't think too much about the last little details, I guess :D

Zenix

After thinking about it further, I've decided that a Lea & Kairi training subplot could easily take place in Radiant Garden and that a Sword in the Stone world isn't really necessary. Also I recently rewatched the secret ending of KH3D again and Goofy mentions how Lea hurried back to Radiant Garden, which may be suggesting that he went back to Radiant Garden to start his training with Merlin.

So that being said this is my official prediction for the worlds that will be in Kingdom Hearts III:

1. Twilight Town / Mysterious Tower
2. Olympus Coliseum
3. Corona (Tangled)
4. Arendelle (Frozen)
5. Radiant Garden
6. Toy Town (Toy Story)
7. San Fransokyo (Big Hero 6)
8. Agrabah (Aladdin & the King of Thieves)
9. Nani Moku (Lilo & Stitch) ("Nani Moku" means "Beautiful Island" in Hawaii)
10. Port Royal (Pirates 2 & 3)
11. Atlantis (Atlantis the Lost Empire)
12. Wild Jungle (Jungle Book)
13. Destiny Islands (It's the home world of the main hero & villain. BBS 0.2 Opening Hinted Aqua may be saved here)
14. Land of Departure / Castle Oblivion (Gotta Save Ventus)
15. Keyblade Graveyard (Battleground for the 13 Darknesses & 7 Lights)
16. Kingdom Hearts (The True Kingdom Hearts where I think the Final Battle will take place)

horto12485

Awards

Does anyone think that Pocahontas might appear in III cause in the past games we've seen 9 Disney Movies that are from the Disney Renaissance

KH1(The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast(Beast and Belle in Hollow Bastion), Aladdin, Hercules and Tarzan(It's only appearance in the Series due to the copyrights from Edgar Rice Broughs)

KH2-Mulan, Beauty and the Beast and The Lion King

DDD-Hunchback of Notre Dame(The only Disney renaissance movie in Dream Drop Distance)

Maybe Pocahontas has a chance to appear in KH3 If not maybe save it for the 4th Game since KH3 is going to have less Disney Worlds in the game

The Dark Mamba

Awards

Does anyone think that Pocahontas might appear in III cause in the past games we've seen 9 Disney Movies that are from the Disney Renaissance

KH1(The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast(Beast and Belle in Hollow Bastion), Aladdin, Hercules and Tarzan(It's only appearance in the Series due to the copyrights from Edgar Rice Broughs)

KH2-Mulan, Beauty and the Beast and The Lion King

DDD-Hunchback of Notre Dame(The only Disney renaissance movie in Dream Drop Distance)

Maybe Pocahontas has a chance to appear in KH3 If not maybe save it for the 4th Game since KH3 is going to have less Disney Worlds in the game

Before recently I thought it would appear but given how there's only 6 or 7 more Disney worlds yet to be revealed it's hard to see it making the cut over some of the other worlds that seem a lot more likely. Ever since the "less Disney worlds than KH2 announcement" I've been under the assumption Pocahontas ain't appearing.

Shame, because Pocahontas would've been a good party member(epic Aeroga magic) and I've always wanted to hear this theme in KH. The world would also benefit from an original story to avoid controversy .

[video=youtube;bKD5WN47DOU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKD5WN47DOU[/video]

KeybladeGuy

Awards

What is the Large Forest you speak of?

KeybladeGuy

Awards

I can't limit it to just three, so how about my top four instead?

Game Central (Wreck-It Ralph) -
Wreck-It Ralph is my hands down favorite Disney film ever made, and contains some of my favorite Disney characters as a result. Teaming up with Ralph and especially my favorite Disney character Vanellope von Schweetz in Kingdom Hearts would hands down be the best thing ever! Beyond that the world has so many different and varied environments, from the square and simplistic Fix-It Felix, Jr. to Game Central Station itself, to the futuristic Hero's Duty, and of course the candy-coated Sugar Rush. It'd be a blast to play and I guarantee you there would never be a dull moment. Not to mention you could have mini-games based off all three games.

Port Royal (Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest) - Pirates is a guilty pleasure of mine, and Port Royal is my favorite Kingdom Hearts world to date. I just love teaming up with Captain Jack. I guess it's something about seeing Donald Duck and Jack Sparrow in the same place that attracts me. Not to mention the fact that the second movie's plot would literally fit perfectly in the story with the whole "Davy Jones' heart" search. Boss fight with the Kraken? Yes please. Besides, I'm sure the visuals would blend much better in the Kingdom Shader. If I had only one world to pick to return, this would be it.

Ka Honua Nalu (Lilo & Stitch) - Deep Space was neat, for sure, but it can't even compare to the natural beauty that Lilo & Stitch's Hawaii could provide. I'd love to meet Lilo for the first time as Sora, and team up with Stitch once again. Not only would it be beautiful and finally give some more to Stitch's story in the Kingdom Hearts universe. Fun Fact: The name I chose means "Tropical Paradise" in Hawaiian.

Sherwood Forest (Robin Hood) -
One of my favorite Disney movies as a child, and one of the few "fairy tale" stories they haven't yet tackled in Kingdom Hearts. How can you not want to team up with Robin against Prince John? Imagine a boss fight against a bunch of Castle Guards after the archery competition. And I must admit I'm curious what kind of anthropomorphic creatures they would make Sora, Donald, and Goofy to fit the world.

Maybe I'll make a second post with more ideas later on, but give some feedback on these if you please!

SomeKHFan

Awards

What is the Large Forest you speak of?

Probably Tangled, as apart from the tower and city a lot of that world would be forest.

And I feel your choice of Sherwood Forest is unlikely as Tangled already fits the Medieval European and forest theme.

Your other choices might be possible. Could be original stories as well, particularly for Lilo & Stitch.

It's been 11-12 years since the events of Deep Space, and Stitch likely arrived at the island around that time. So it's possible we could meet a teenage Lilo alongside Stitch while a new original story takes place.......I also wonder if there could be a surfing minigame?

KeybladeGuy

Awards

Probably Tangled, as apart from the tower and city a lot of that world would be forest.

And I feel your choice of Sherwood Forest is unlikely as Tangled already fits the Medieval European and forest theme.

Your other choices might be possible. Could be original stories as well, particularly for Lilo & Stitch.

It's been 11-12 years since the events of Deep Space, and Stitch likely arrived at the island around that time. So it's possible we could meet a teenage Lilo alongside Stitch while a new original story takes place.......I also wonder if there could be a surfing minigame?

Well, if you recall in Kingdom Hearts 2, Stitch shows up in Hollow Bastion, and only then becomes a summon. If you ask me, I think Stitch more likely wandered the cosmos for a while or was stuck on the ship until then. Because after Stitch becomes a summon, he then is shown coming from an island. So I think it doesn't follow the plot of the movie in that manner.

Back