• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Worlds of Kingdom Hearts | Star Wars is here, bby! Other live action films?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

ImVentus

Awards
Re: Worlds of Kingdom Hearts - Top 3 Worlds You Want w/explanation

As the new Pixar movie, Coco, approaches. I really really want it to be in the KH after 3.

This would probably be my most requested world for after KH3. It would be so exciting.

D

Deleted member 246005

The talk of doors in Monsters Inc...Monstropolis would be a world that would REALLY fit well into the KH lore if you think about it.
maybe sully scared sora as a kid?

Kagayaki

Awards

Or Randall did, and Sora can finally get revenge.
XDDDDDD

Um, anyway, I think I listed my choices a while ago, but I guess we’ll see what Japanese players want, since that’ll probably take priority over what worlds the NA players want.

I never heard of the new Pixar film Coco. Do you have any trailers?

ImVentus

Awards

I never heard of the new Pixar film Coco. Do you have any trailers?

I've only seen the teaser cause I don't want any spoilers. [video=youtube;zNCz4mQzfEI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNCz4mQzfEI[/video]
But just skip to the near end of the trailer and you see the world that it could be.

Aside that, I think it would be pretty nice to see The Emperor's New Groove in KH3.

Kingroxas

Awards

I only have three wishes, 1: for twewy to be included as a world in some way, 2: for treasure planet to be included and 3:for "Cable Town" to be included. ("Cable Town" was only shown to the press as a heads up. )

Last edited:

Kagayaki

Awards

I've only seen the teaser cause I don't want any spoilers. [video=youtube;zNCz4mQzfEI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNCz4mQzfEI[/video]
But just skip to the near end of the trailer and you see the world that it could be.

Aside that, I think it would be pretty nice to see The Emperor's New Groove in KH3.
Oh, I saw it on TV a while ago. Never mind. XD

But yes! Please bring back the Emperor’s New Groove!

And with the new Big Hero 6 TV series coming out, do you think that might affect the game somehow?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

And with the new Big Hero 6 TV series coming out, do you think that might affect the game somehow?
I don’t see how it would affect the game. They recorded dialogue for the first half of the season late last year / early this year so they might be close to being finished with season one by now or in the next few months. Disney will work out a schedule for when the voice actors can record for KH3, since that should be beginning very soon.

The only correlation between the show and KH3 will be the voice actor replacements for Wasabi and Fred carrying over.

Kagayaki

Awards

I don’t see how it would affect the game. They recorded dialogue for the first half of the season late last year / early this year so they might be close to being finished with season one by now or in the next few months. Disney will work out a schedule for when the voice actors can record for KH3, since that should be beginning very soon.

The only correlation between the show and KH3 will be the voice actor replacements for Wasabi and Fred carrying over.
Oh so then, the world of Big Hero 6 plot for KH3 will be the same as they planned?

Oh, and I just remembered something important. Sora can’t enter Monstropolis. He’s human. Unless he wears a monster costume... *hint hint*

Last edited:

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Oh so then, the world of Big Hero 6 plot for KH3 will be the same as they planned?
Yep, it will still follow Original Baymax getting corrupted by the Heartless :)

ImVentus

Awards

They might find a way to work it into the canon of BH6 and series. Seems like that's what they're doing with the Toy Story world and films which is quite interesting. Would be fun to hear like a nod for Sora in the series.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

They might find a way to work it into the canon of BH6 and series. Seems like that's what they're doing with the Toy Story world and films which is quite interesting. Would be fun to hear like a nod for Sora in the series.
We'll see. The TV Show "picks up right after the film", which is the exact thing they said about KH3 so :/

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

We'll see. The TV Show "picks up right after the film", which is the exact thing they said about KH3 so :/
i could see them doing an episode simmlar how south park did an episode to prote the game

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

i could see them doing an episode simmlar how south park did an episode to prote the game
Would the timelines work?

First, you'd have to consider when the game would drop. If it's in the latter half of 2018, then it might have to be a Season 2 episode (if they don't dick around like they did with Gravity Falls and get Season 2 out on a reasonable schedule).

That means it's quite a bit into the series, which has moved off from "just after the movie", rendering that selling point for both media moot.

The alternative is to have the episode air close to the start of Season 1. That means it would have to have been in the planning stages since last year, and it would hit the airwaves way before Kingdom Hearts 3 releases (assuming S01E10 hits before mid-February, because KH3 is not coming out any sooner than that, and even before June is not possible), making a tie-in kind of useless.

It would be nice, but I don't see it as a big concern for Disney to tie those two together in the Television show. Maybe we'll see a Keyblade prop pop up in the background of an episode, or the Heartless symbol graffitied on the wall (Like 'Aerith Lives').

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

true chaser the easter eggs would be cool but i do think they need to take adavantage of the tv show to promte kh3 or i could see an episode that close to the game where at the end they found this dark energy and go to invesatge this lead to the kh leveal

Last edited:

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

I would not put it past Nomura to put important KH3 info into an unrelated TV series, but I wonder what made you think of only BH6 and not the Tangled series?

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

I would not put it past Nomura to put important KH3 info into an unrelated TV series, but I wonder what made you think of only BH6 and not the Tangled series?
the tangled in kh3 is the movie whie the tv is after the movie i tohugh unless we dont know about the full deatiles about tangled yet?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

the tangled in kh3 is the movie whie the tv is after the movie i tohugh unless we dont know about the full deatiles about tangled yet?
You're right in your assumption that it takes place during the movie, but a television tie-in doesn't have to remain faithful to the source material when advertising something else.

Let's take your example of South Park, where they released a tie-in episode for the video game. The episode featured cut content from the game (scenes that were shown at media events such as E3 but were absent from the game and were, instead, added into the episode). It also featured a subplot featuring Mark Zuckerburg acting like a robot, because of that weird interview, that had no actual relation to the video game.

Now, they can't put in cut content from the game into Tangled, because of the radically different art styles, but they could employ other elements to deal with a Kingdom Hearts cross over.

The episode could be set as a flashback to events during the movie (which is always a cheap option that tarnishes the source material). They could have it show some aftermath of Sora, Donald, and Goofy's arrival (subverting having to add in those characters but the other hand means it's not a direct cross over). Or they can say "stuff you" to Nomura and have a plot that doesn't have an actual bearing on Kingdom Hearts 3 at all, and is a fun, non-canonical adventure where Rapunzel teams up with Sora.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

You're right in your assumption that it takes place during the movie, but a television tie-in doesn't have to remain faithful to the source material when advertising something else.

Let's take your example of South Park, where they released a tie-in episode for the video game. The episode featured cut content from the game (scenes that were shown at media events such as E3 but were absent from the game and were, instead, added into the episode). It also featured a subplot featuring Mark Zuckerburg acting like a robot, because of that weird interview, that had no actual relation to the video game.

Now, they can't put in cut content from the game into Tangled, because of the radically different art styles, but they could employ other elements to deal with a Kingdom Hearts cross over.

The episode could be set as a flashback to events during the movie (which is always a cheap option that tarnishes the source material). They could have it show some aftermath of Sora, Donald, and Goofy's arrival (subverting having to add in those characters but the other hand means it's not a direct cross over). Or they can say "stuff you" to Nomura and have a plot that doesn't have an actual bearing on Kingdom Hearts 3 at all, and is a fun, non-canonical adventure where Rapunzel teams up with Sora.
true i guess that could work yeah an adventure with sora in raunzel and company with no kh3 involvet world work well in proting kh3

D

Deleted member 246005

FF1/FF2/FF3- these are the earliest ff games and the stories are not as complex as later entries so they are easier to condense into a world.

FF11/FF14- they are MMOs so there is no main cast and you can weave SDG in pretty easily.

Back