• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Worlds of Kingdom Hearts | Star Wars is here, bby! Other live action films?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Cyborg009

Bot-Buster
Awards
I just realized something, in the Toy Box world they didn't have Jessie as a character. Why? The world took place after Toy Story 2 right?
it did, but because as part of an experiment how vessels can have hearts, Young Xehanort split the Toy Box into two separate dimensions; Toy Box and the real world its from. Jessie, Andy and the other toys were stuck in the real world while Woody, Buzz and the rest were in Toy Box. even Young Xehanort actually explains that Toy Box isn't the same world.

Last edited:

HakaishinChampa

Awards
it did, but because as part of an experiment how vessels can have hearts, Young Xehanort split the Toy Box into two separate dimensions; Toy Box and the real world its from. Jessie, Andy and the other toys were stuck in the real world while Woody, Buzz and the rest were in Toy Box. even Young Xehanort actually explains that Toy Box isn't the same world.
I know but I'm just wondering why they couldn't have one or two other toys as characters/npcs

Zackarix

Awards
I know but I'm just wondering why they couldn't have one or two other toys as characters/npcs
Because every new character costs resources to create and while KH3 was a big budget game it still didn't have endless resources available. Want a character to appear in 3D? You need to create a model. Want them to move? You need to create the animations. Want them to speak? You need to hire a voice actor.

And most of the Disney worlds could have hypothetically included more characters from the movies they were based one, but in a game that uses several movies as source material you can't include everything. There's always going to be something left on the table, so you might as well focus on the characters you need to tell your story.

WaltK

Awards
Pocahontas is the only (non-sequel) Renaissance movie not to be in KH, and I've been wondering; does anybody even want it be anymore? I mean, since just about everybody but, essentially, Disney themselves, are no longer looking back on it in the best light these days.

Last edited:

Sonofjafar

Awards
Pocahontas is the only (non-sequel) Renaissance movie not to be in KH, and I've been wondering; does anybody even want it be anymore? I mean, since just about everybody but Disney themselves, essentially, are no longer looking back on it in the best light these days.
If Song of the South made Walt look like an asshole, the same should be said about Jeffery Katzenberg and Pocahontas

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Lightyear is definitely one of my top Pixar picks. But I want it to follow the film plot so we can fight Zurg. Since neither of the KH3 Pixar worlds did that, I wonder if they’ll ever be willing to do a plot retread for other films?

Other Pixar worlds I would want to see follow the original film would be Incredibles, Coco, and A Bug’s Life. For ones to tell a new story, I’d say Brave, Elemental, and Inside Out. I’d take Onward with either the film plot or a new story.

WaltK

Awards
There's one pretty major obstacle to their being a Treasure Planet world that I don't believe I've ever seen anyone talking about; the fact that Treasure Planet itself no longer exists by the end of the story.

It's gonna be weird going back to that world after its story is finished with over a third of it's explorable areas no longer accessible.

It's a shame it got cut from Dream Drop Distance because it may have been much easier to work around there.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Lightyear is definitely one of my top Pixar picks. But I want it to follow the film plot so we can fight Zurg. Since neither of the KH3 Pixar worlds did that, I wonder if they’ll ever be willing to do a plot retread for other films?

Other Pixar worlds I would want to see follow the original film would be Incredibles, Coco, and A Bug’s Life. For ones to tell a new story, I’d say Brave, Elemental, and Inside Out. I’d take Onward with either the film plot or a new story.
Incredibles I think can work fairly well as a world that's not adapting the film story, just have another superhero adventure the Parrs go on. It helps that the films have a rather inexplicably number of villains that got away & were subsequently forgotten by the plot (Bomb Voyage, Underminer, & the V9 Omnidroid) that could serve as the bosses of an original scenario.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Incredibles I think can work fairly well as a world that's not adapting the film story, just have another superhero adventure the Parrs go on. It helps that the films have a rather inexplicably number of villains that got away & were subsequently forgotten by the plot (Bomb Voyage, Underminer, & the V9 Omnidroid) that could serve as the bosses of an original scenario.

I do agree that it could work. I just think the first film in particular has a great setting with Nomanisan Island. Plus, a fight against Syndrome and the Omnidroid at the same time has a lot of potential that we can’t get if they do a new story. So it’s just what I would want personally.

WaltK

Awards
Once Upon a Studio spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Once Upon a Studio spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

WaltK

Awards
Also interesting that they used Chris Diamantopoulos to voice Mickey rather than Bret Iwan. I wonder if he’ll be considered Mickey’s primary VA now.
Not necessarily. Bret has voiced Mickey several other times this year. My guess is he simply wasn't available for this particular project because he was booked up to the eyeballs with other Mickey-related commitments.

It's a rare, but not entirely unheard-of situation. The reason Donald has a different voice actor in Roadster Racers was because Tony Anselmo was too busy doing Ducktales 2017 and Legend of the Three Caballeros, for example.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Chris is used when they want to evoke Walt's Mickey voice. Since the Mickey in Once Upon a Studio jumped from a cel of the short Mickey's Birthday Party, in which Mickey was voiced by Walt, they used Chris.

HakaishinChampa

Awards
WISH ENDING SPOILERS

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Back