• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Worlds of Kingdom Hearts | Star Wars is here, bby! Other live action films?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Re: Worlds of Kingdom Hearts - What worlds do you want to see in KH3?

There's no accurate point of reference there, though, because Riku confirms that all worlds run on their own time axis and we only see the Pride Lands in one game.

There's nothing wrong with not seeing one or two worlds more than once.

And even if they did adapt Lion King 2, it would feel kind of lazy to use the "time flows differently in certain worlds" excuse. For some worlds it's fine, but in the Prideland's case, it wouldn' feel right to me. Also they could always do an original plot if Pridelands returns instead of adapting the sequel. I'd much prefer that.

Last edited:

Antifa Lockhart

Awards

There's nothing wrong with not seeing one or two worlds more than once.

That's not what I was saying. I was saying we've only experienced that game in one title, in one time frame. We don't have an accurate way of saying for sure.

And even if they did adapt Lion King 2, it would feel kind of lazy to use the "time flows differently in certain worlds" excuse. For some worlds it's fine, but in the Prideland's case, it wouldn' feel right to me. Also they could always do an original plot if Pridelands returns instead of adapting the sequel. I'd much prefer that.
Sure. I mean, I'm not rooting for the Pride Lands returning at all, but ultimately your preference and mine for what happens with the world isn't really significant to the developers. Nomura's not really above doing anything.

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards

I don't think Pridelands would be too awful. I mean, animals age differently too, right? I'm not saying they SHOULD, but I'd love to see Kovu and Kiara.
Plus, I liked being a lion~

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

While, I highly doubt it would happen in KH3, for the next saga would anyone else like to see some disney animated shows appear in KH3?

I for one would would like to see a Gravity Falls world in the next saga. Due to the type of show it is, there's a lot of potential for a world.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards

While, I highly doubt it would happen in KH3, for the next saga would anyone else like to see some disney animated shows appear in KH3?

I for one would would like to see a Gravity Falls world in the next saga. Due to the type of show it is, there's a lot of potential for a world.

I haven't had the chance to actually watch the show yet, so my voice in that matter would be rendered moot. I would like to see Gargoyles and Ducktales/Darkwing Duck incorporated somehow into the games (world for the former, cameos and possible world within a world for the latter (i.e.: Duckburg being in somewhere near Disney Town or something)).

kaliskonig

I hope that Kingdom Hearts 3 has a large amount of Worlds. Like mid-20's to go out with a bang!
My Dream World Roster:
New:
01)Frozen Kingdom: This one is obvious. Although I hate the film, the world/characters are cool. It could replace LoD as a world consisting mostly of Ice. Didn't someone working on KH say they would want this world in?
02)New Orleans/Bayou: Dr. Facilier would be an amazing villain in KH! The source of his powers in the films can easily be conected to any of KH's original elements. Not to mention New Orleans and the surrounding swamp like areas would just be amazing locales.
03)Sugar Rush: Ralph - "What games are you guys from?" lol. Adding this world in just makes sense. The entire plot of Ralph has so much in common with plot points in KH. Sugar Rush would offer a fresh new aesthetic to explore.
04)Atlantis:personal Favorite. A Water World that is not annoying. This world would look amazing on the PS4/XBONE. The perfect replacement for Atlantis plus no need to worry about horrible fish-controls/cheesy musicals.
05)Treasure Planet: I still have to watch this movie but from what I have seen this will show the power of the PS4. Would be a perfect replacement for Port Royal and Deep Space as this is also Pirate themed albeit in space.
06)Day Care: Come on. Sora was made for this! A Toy Story World has been a long time coming and I can't help but imagine this to be the most highly requested series to appear. Sora would interact with the Toy's extremely well.
07)hawaiian islands: I would love a plot were Jumba has brought Dream Eaters to Hawaii somehow. This world could be light on the overall plot of the game and just be an optional place to visit and relax for the most part. If this world is in I see it as being much more self contained and focusing on it's series specific plot points.
08)Metropolis/Syndrome's Isle: Sora, Donald, and Goofy get Hero Attire! Celebrates the coming of the sequel. Would be a perfect world to avoid the need of Marvel characters to introduce Super Heroes. a modern city looking world would be refreshing.
09)Jungle Book: Only because they have attempted to put this in before. I don't want to see it really but I guess it could be cool.
10)Pixie Hollow: Would love to be shrunken down and interact with the Fairies and team-up w/tink. Use this so we won't have to visit vanilla Never Land yet again.

Returning Disney: (I just feel that these need to return based on principle and for one final chapter)
11)Agrabah
12)Halloween Town
13)Disney Castle-Town* (some story but mostly the new Hub for mini-games)
14)Ancient Greece/Coliseum
15)Pride Lands: If this world comes back it should NOT adapt the Lion King 2 plot like a few people have stated above. I agree with the one poster who said the plot should be an original.
16)symphony of Sorcery (Bringing this World back they could do some amazing things on PS4/XBONE)

Returning Originals:
17)Castle Oblivion (Either Playable or cutscene)
18)Destiny Islands (cut Scene)
19)Radiant Garden*
20)Keyblade Graveyard/Final Battle World
21)Mirage Arena (Multiplayer)
22)World That Never Was
23)Twilight Town/Mysterious Tower*

* means the world mostly acts as a Town/Hub.

Considered:
-Sherwood Forest but I think it would be better to just let Robin Hood appear in another world like maybe Disney Town
-Sword in the Stone World likely does not exist as Merlin is a resident of Radiant Garden
-Marvel and Star Wars would be cool but should not be introduced in 3. Wait until the Xehanort Saga ends
-Enchanted Forest would be cool to face-off with Maleficent one last time
-Recuer's World would be cool but Toy Story and Pixie Hollow seem like better choices for Worlds that force you to shrink

Last edited:

wolfshadow

There probably won't be, but what if there was a world that combined toy story 3's sandbox mode, forge world from halo and little big planet?

Basically you can "build" your own original world, add random characters, enemies, texts etc. And you could upload it online for others to download and try out.

Hobbe

I want to see Deep Space return. To see what those folks were doing in the last decade. But more importantly, to see how in the hell they can have an interplanetary federation if all worlds are blocked off by barriers. Where are they getting the resources for advanced space travel? Is the actual homeworld of these people enormous? How were they ever able to leave their original world? What's the deal? Anyone else totally taken aback by this 'world's' existence?

I suppose it's just video game logic and doesn't matter... but since the KH universe and story is one of my absolute favourites it sort of bugs me....

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

I want to see Deep Space return. To see what those folks were doing in the last decade. But more importantly, to see how in the hell they can have an interplanetary federation if all worlds are blocked off by barriers. Where are they getting the resources for advanced space travel? Is the actual homeworld of these people enormous? How were they ever able to leave their original world? What's the deal? Anyone else totally taken aback by this 'world's' existence?

I suppose it's just video game logic and doesn't matter... but since the KH universe and story is one of my absolute favourites it sort of bugs me....
I think its the second option you listed. Deep Space is most likely a huge world that has numerous species and planets. I imagine they aren't aware of the existance of other worlds.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards

yeah, I think Deep Space is as its name suggests and is more likely a cloister of smaller planets protected by a single world border.

Hobbe

I can live with that. Of course I'd still like to see it return and have that idea expanded on. I think it's the closest we should get to Star Wars in this series.

Gram

Banned
Awards

I think it's the closest we should get to Star Wars in this series.

I'd rather we not get close at all. I've already had my fill of BBS(KH)-SW parallel jokes.

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards

Random thought: the Aristocats.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Besides: I wouldn't mind giving them another shot at doing musical play RIGHT. Sure, voices would be different, (but it's really OK) and with the PS4/XBoxOne's visuals? This would be one hell of a trip. A very enjoyable one, if executed properly!

Antifa Lockhart

Awards

I don't think the racist depiction of that cat is gonna be a clincher for the Asian development team, but Marie is pretty well-received over there so you never know.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

Aristocats huh? I remember liking it as a kid so I guess I wouldn't mind seeing it in KH3. I'm not sure now it would tie to the Key to Return Hearts though.. But I suppose one or two filler worlds isn't a bad thing.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards

You know, I was thinking it over the other day, and if Lilo & Stitch is a world plotline in KH3 (and here's hoping it is), I think that they should really have Lilo's world actually be Destiny Islands.

Obvious "they're both islands" comment aside, most Disney worlds are called something different than where the movies take place, and really, you don't lost anything by switching Hawaii to Destiny Islands, excluding the possible FBI storyline (which could still be worked in, just without the FBI name/hints).

But, not only would it allow for the storyline to happen, it would allow us to explore the actual island, and more than likely allow us to see more of Sora and co.'s lives, as well as featuring a secondary storyline that ties to the main plot.

Plus, anytime Lilo & Stitch had a world appearance in the series, it would be Destiny Islands and allow for multiple visits in multiple games. (If they used the sequels and the show for further storylines).

I mean, I don't really see any cons for this. It's not likely to happen, but it's not like it'd be the first original world to feature preexisting characters as the residents. (Ex. Selphie, Tidus and Wakka in Destiny Islands, Traverse Town, Hollow Bastion, Twilight Town, etc.)

Add to the fact that when two worlds are considered similar to each other, one gets cut. The Jungle Book was cut in KH1 because of Deep Jungle. Granted, that's the only case we know about, but I'm sure that SE typically has worlds cut for that reason (excluding the time we got all three classic Princess worlds in one game, and they all felt very similar to each other).

I mean, I'd love to explore Destiny Islands in the last game for the Xehanort Saga, and since there wouldn't really be much reason to go there, I can't see why throwing in the Stitch group would be a bad idea.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

I'm all for visiting Hawaii but I'd rather keep it a seperate world from Destiny Islands. I'm sure there could be plenty of good reasons to visit Destiny Islands multiple times that don't involve merging it into Hawaii.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

You know, I was thinking it over the other day, and if Lilo & Stitch is a world plotline in KH3 (and here's hoping it is), I think that they should really have Lilo's world actually be Destiny Islands.

Obvious "they're both islands" comment aside, most Disney worlds are called something different than where the movies take place, and really, you don't lost anything by switching Hawaii to Destiny Islands, excluding the possible FBI storyline (which could still be worked in, just without the FBI name/hints).

But, not only would it allow for the storyline to happen, it would allow us to explore the actual island, and more than likely allow us to see more of Sora and co.'s lives, as well as featuring a secondary storyline that ties to the main plot.

Plus, anytime Lilo & Stitch had a world appearance in the series, it would be Destiny Islands and allow for multiple visits in multiple games. (If they used the sequels and the show for further storylines).

I mean, I don't really see any cons for this. It's not likely to happen, but it's not like it'd be the first original world to feature preexisting characters as the residents. (Ex. Selphie, Tidus and Wakka in Destiny Islands, Traverse Town, Hollow Bastion, Twilight Town, etc.)

Add to the fact that when two worlds are considered similar to each other, one gets cut. The Jungle Book was cut in KH1 because of Deep Jungle. Granted, that's the only case we know about, but I'm sure that SE typically has worlds cut for that reason (excluding the time we got all three classic Princess worlds in one game, and they all felt very similar to each other).

I mean, I'd love to explore Destiny Islands in the last game for the Xehanort Saga, and since there wouldn't really be much reason to go there, I can't see why throwing in the Stitch group would be a bad idea.

No. You lose everything by making Hawaii into Destiny Islands. It represents the loss of the Hawaiian culture that the people who made Lilo & Stick lovingly depicted in the film. Destiny Island is vaguely modeled after Japanese island living which is 100% different from Hawaiian island living. It would undermine the work done by the filmmakers and I'm sorry but Kingdom Hearts needs a little diversity like Hawaii.

And not to mention the two aren't the same at all. Hawaii is modernized while we know that Destiny Islands has no technology (at least nothing like computers and TVs). It's a simple world. Hawaii is a tourist hotspot and Destiny Islands is more like a rural village-y place.

Gram

Banned
Awards

I'm curious how a Lilo & Stitch world would fork given Stitch was in Radiant Garden in KH2. How will his traveling be explained? Or will it go the route he's not reached Lilo yet?

Antifa Lockhart

Awards

I'm curious how a Lilo & Stitch world would fork given Stitch was in Radiant Garden in KH2. How will his traveling be explained? Or will it go the route he's not reached Lilo yet?

I dunno, the fact that he's being called Stitch by the time he meets Sora and his summon charm is a ukelele kinda negates that. If he's a world traveler I'm sure it'll be explained the same way it was with Merlin, and Scrooge, and the fairies. It doesn't seem so out of character, so that's that.

Back