• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Worlds

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hardback247

Which specific parts of KH2 are the most fillery and can be skipped entirely in a cutscene marathon? I know the Atlantica world is all filler, but what else is there?

Tempo

Awards
i'd recommend not skipping any of the first visits to any of the worlds. second visits, you could probably get away with skipping agrabah, halloween town and pride lands. olympus 2nd visit focuses on auron and the others feature org members. both space paranoids visits are important to the hollow bastion story.

but if you really don't care in the slightest, you could basically just skip completely everything besides disney castle/timeless river and the KH original worlds. you'd just miss a lot of stuff like the riku fight in land of dragons, or the xaldin fight in beast's castle, or the demyx fight in the underworld.

Hardback247

i'd recommend not skipping any of the first visits to any of the worlds. second visits, you could probably get away with skipping agrabah, halloween town and pride lands. olympus 2nd visit focuses on auron and the others feature org members. both space paranoids visits are important to the hollow bastion story.

but if you really don't care in the slightest, you could basically just skip completely everything besides disney castle/timeless river and the KH original worlds. you'd just miss a lot of stuff like the riku fight in land of dragons, or the xaldin fight in beast's castle, or the demyx fight in the underworld.

Some of the first visits are just recreations of events from the movies, but with the three main heroes participating in them. How exactly do these impact the overall story?

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Some of the first visits are just recreations of events from the movies, but with the three main heroes participating in them. How exactly do these impact the overall story?

Not at all in any way, that's why most of the first visits to Disney worlds can be skipped.
The overall main story is forgotten and moved aside once Sora, Donald and Goofy set their foot into these worlds. There may be the occasional question if the world inhabitants have seen Mickey or Riku, but once that question is answered with no the worlds become sole movie rehashes with zero relevance to the overall plot.

The only exceptions are Beast's Castle (in which an Organisation member is present from the get-go), Disney Castle and Space Paranoids (Tron) which is the only Disney world to be fully integrated with the main plot.

kaseykockroach

Awards
Truth be told, I tend to only skip KH2's cutscenes when it's the prologue since I just want to start the darn game and run around as Sora already! Except when Namine's present, of course. Poor girl deserved better.
That said, there are several cringe-inducing cutscenes I never want to watch again as long as I live (all the 'recreated from movies' cutscenes, the painfully juvenile stuff like "Call me mister pig!" or "Sora and Jack are kinda alike, don't you think?"). Eugh....it's bizarre that KH2 is both a darker game than its predecessors and a more childish one in equal measure.

That_one_Sora

Awards
i say Timeless River, because that world has a running gag for all four windows of time where it's "hey, Sora! look!" and there is a exit window.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back