• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Worst KH pairing?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
The most "popular" MX pairings I've seen were MX x Eraqus and MX x Terra...

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
MX x Terra I can believe.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
You'd be surprised.

14264147_1025455097601104_6442559746563346518_n.jpg

Err...
wat?

Well, at least Goofy's expression is something positive about it, although I'd imagine if Goofy caught wind of how the fandom ticks some times he'd look more like this:
2po6phx.jpg

Like seriously fandom, gawrsh, what do u smoke?

I know, I was kidding xD (really, guys? Master Xehanort x anyone is a thing?!)

Sadly yes, and there are "prompts" for it like i.e. you remember MX removing Ventus' shirt and that's why he's shirtless in the awakening of the prologue of BBS?
And Ven is like only 10/11 years old at that time remind you, so where do you think the nickname "pedonort" comes from?
Considering how the subtext of Ansem SoD towards Riku and Young Xehanort towards Sora can be interpreted this seems to be a a sort of trait running among the Norts.
Then there's of course also Xemnas seeing Xion as both Sora and Ventus at different times, watching Roxas sleep and obsessively looking for Ventus' resting place.

With these it's as Black Osprey says:
Where they reach just far enough to be revolting, but they don't have enough absurdity to be brushed off as terrible jokes.

But yeah, I've seen Xehanort x Eraqus, Ventus, The Seagull Whose Egg Sora Stole, and Kairi's grandma. The last one... actually isn't horrible? But that doesn't really count 'cause dorky young Xeha isn't canon.

Xehanort x Eraqus I can actually see to some extent and with an extreme portion of goodwill if it is set during their youth where they both actually consider themselves "like brothers" according to the reports.
But Xehanort and Ventus? Ewww, that's even worse than Vanitas x Ven and that's already one of my primary
bj8nfa.jpg

-ships.

The seagull whose egg Sora stole would obviously fall under animal abuse anyways, regardless of who that bird is shipped with.
Except maybe Donald, y'know, bird x bird.

As for Kairi's grandma, that one too would be similar to the one with Eraqus depending on how Xehanort actually was like in his younger years.
When I see some of his interactions with Sora in DDD and what some parts of the fandom make out of that I tend to be wary as well.

I've also seen/heard of some Xehanort x Terra, Xehanort x Vanitas (probably one of the few problematic ships where Vanitas would be the abused instead of the abuser) and even some total crackpot stuff like Xehanort x Ephemer.
Just, naah:
15dtm6w.jpg

Kounelli

Awards
Aqua x Ven is pretty high on the list for me. I see it and Vanitas x Aqua a lot and it makes me uncomfortable since she's a grown woman and he's like 15.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
-looks at all the sokai, kairi, and even rokunami hate and gets sad- Guys, all of these things can be really good depending on the writers. -casually drops a link to those without hearts, which is probably one of the best fanfictions ever written- https://www.fanfiction.net/s/3078506/1/Those-Without-Hearts Some of the best writing I've ever come across--for anything ever, not just fanfiction--comes from these three things. But then there are times where I've seen people try to handle them and it just doesn't work at all. It just depends on the author's talent, tbh. As does any form of literature.

ANYWAY, on topic, I'm right there with you guys on hating the abuse and child/adult pairings. Ugh. Why is this even a thing?

And can I just say that I hate people over-sexualizing any of the KH characters in anything? I mean, it's a freakin' Disney game and they're all children... so doing that's just scary.

I will probably never be big on SoRiku, because of the fandom (one person on Tumblr stole my username twice when I gave it up. At first I thought it was just a coincidence, but the second time I realized that it wasn't. And I'm a Kairi fan--and defended her and SoKai on my Tumblr--but when this person stole my name, they turned it into a Kairi bashing Tumblr and a SoRiku one. And it was as if they were trying to trick people into thinking that I'd completely switched sides, when I hadn't. And this was my username for EVERY SINGLE SITE I EVER HAD. Fortunately, I was able to change my username on said other sites, even though it cost me money to do so on deviantArt, but I was in a very bad place at this time. Even near suicidal over it, if I'm being one-hundred percent honest here. They also stalked me on Tumblr; and for the longest time I couldn't block them because of the crappy blocking system there, and they made fun of the way I tag things, etc. And apparently I'm not even the only one where something like this happened to because of the SoRiku fans!). But it just sucks, but I actually see the appeal of SoRiku. But hell, if I'm ever going to ship that thing after stuff like this. And this isn't even the half of some other stuff I've seen from them. But I know all SoRiku fans aren't like this, of course. Just some of them. And yes, I know that every ship has its good and bad apples.

Also not big on AkuRoku (which is another thing that everyone seems to ship), because it's pedophilia.

Oh! And one of my most despised things is crack pairing. People who take them way too seriously and have no concept of reality, I mean. Because I can actually get behind crack pairings pretty easily, and enjoy them quite a bit... But when I'm having a conversation with a friend about how I'm making a video for Shuyin and Lenne from Final Fantasy X-2... and then they seriously start telling me that, "No, Shuyin belongs with Tifa Lockhart!" there's a problem there.

Also, as a whole... I can get behind these couples, because it looks like canon is even doing one of them now, if the II.8 credits are anything to go off of... but coupling any of the people that came from Sora just feels wrong somehow. Even though I know that things work differently in the KH world (as they're probably made out of light, memories, and hearts, and not flesh and blood), and that really they were all their own people, anyway, because they grew hearts and the way people looked at them is who they really are... But it still kind of doesn't sit right with me. But this is one that I can easily get over, and even ship these ones at times (like with RokuNami, as I said above, and RokuShi, etc.).

Oh, and I'm also not a big VenFuu fan. I don't hate it by any stretch of the imagination. And people can, of course, ship it if they want to. But I guess I'm just baffled as to why it's so popular. But you know what? Good for those guys. Let them have their fun with each other in shipping VenFuu. I seriously mean that:)

I have some issues with SoNami and RokuNami, mainly because both have some brain washing involved, but if canon were to ever let them have a serious conversation about these things--were either of them to ever happen, I mean and it looks like RokuNami's going to--then it's fine.

Last edited:

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Aqua x Ven is pretty high on the list for me. I see it and Vanitas x Aqua a lot and it makes me uncomfortable since she's a grown woman and he's like 15.

VanitasxAqua is basically "evil guy x only girl available" but damn have I read some amazing stories about it xD (I'm still not big on it though.)

Muke

whatever
Awards
Anything that's kid x (young) adult is not okay imo. Kid bein Ven, Sora, etc. Also stuff like MX x [anyone who isn't a grandma/pa]
Other than that, animal x human is totally not okay either.
Anything else is tolerable at least. Guess that sums it up for me lol

palizinhas

Awards
Yeah, the abusive ships are the only ones that I'd consider the 'worst'. Personal enjoyment is one thing, and I'm not huge on Roxas/Naminé, but it also isn't anywhere near the same level to me to the truly disgusting stuff out there.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I have no idea what terms like rokunami and AkuRoku mean. Roxas-Riku-Namine? Axel-Riku-Roxas-Riku???? Or Riku Replica?

I don't ship anything involving more than two people, tbh, but that's just me personally.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Oh. I've actually always really liked Roxas/Namine. Funny, you rarely hear about Roxas/Hayner*, but that's my favorite of all the different Roxas pairings.

*Although I guess Roxas never really met the real Hayner--but Hayner's reaction when Sora leaves TT makes it seem like his heart at least is responding to Roxas, which is odd.

palizinhas

Awards
Oh. I've actually always really liked Roxas/Namine. Funny, you rarely hear about Roxas/Hayner*, but that's my favorite of all the different Roxas pairings.

*Although I guess Roxas never really met the real Hayner--but Hayner's reaction when Sora leaves TT makes it seem like his heart at least is responding to Roxas, which is odd.

It's kinda like The Grid Tron reacting to Sora's friendship to Space Paranoids Tron, it's weird, but heart magic!

Midori

Awards
Same thing goes for Terra/Ven and Terra/Vanitas (A ship I didn't know existed until recently).

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Roxas and...
Namine. They're basically siblings.
Xion. Clone sibling.
Sora. His dad.
Kairi. His mom.
Ventus. Other dad.

And I kinda have a hard time with any other pairings involving Roxas and Ven because they're both pretty much mentally 8 years old.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
Tbh almost everything can be really good depending on the writer.

Truth. Unless it's some of the abusive or pedophilia pairings mentioned above. Even if the writing's good in that case, I'm not shipping it. Same thing goes for human/animal couples (which I know someone else already said).

As for OT3s... For the most part, I'm a "just ship two people together" kind of girl (though I can ship multiple things for one person at a time: for instance, RokuNami and RokuShi), but sometimes I can kind of like them. Tumblr's making me fall pretty hard for SoRiKai these days, I mean.

Edit: I also agree with FudgeMint on finding it hard to ship Roxas, Xion, and Nami with people, since they're all mentally so young (especially Roxas and Xion). And have only even been alive for a year, at most.

Riruru

Leon x Sora. I've seen it around and it highly disturbs me. Especially since Sora went up to about Leon's stomach in height back in KHI. It doesn't help that most portrayals of the pairing really do make Sora significantly younger and illegal.

I also can't stand Roxas/Namine. Why? Because the entire pairing is a plot hole. I remember being excited to see how the two got so close in KHII when it was time to play 358/2 Days, just to find out that they never even met. So essentially, they only had that entire scene at the end of KHII because Sokai. Never have your pairings ride the coattails of another; it's about as bad as having an entire character that only exists to be the love interest.

I will probably never be big on SoRiku, because of the fandom (one person on Tumblr stole my username twice when I gave it up. At first I thought it was just a coincidence, but the second time I realized that it wasn't. And I'm a Kairi fan--and defended her and SoKai on my Tumblr--but when this person stole my name, they turned it into a Kairi bashing Tumblr and a SoRiku one. And it was as if they were trying to trick people into thinking that I'd completely switched sides, when I hadn't. And this was my username for EVERY SINGLE SITE I EVER HAD. Fortunately, I was able to change my username on said other sites, even though it cost me money to do so on deviantArt, but I was in a very bad place at this time. Even near suicidal over it, if I'm being one-hundred percent honest here. They also stalked me on Tumblr; and for the longest time I couldn't block them because of the crappy blocking system there, and they made fun of the way I tag things, etc. And apparently I'm not even the only one where something like this happened to because of the SoRiku fans!). But it just sucks, but I actually see the appeal of SoRiku. But hell, if I'm ever going to ship that thing after stuff like this. And this isn't even the half of some other stuff I've seen from them. But I know all SoRiku fans aren't like this, of course. Just some of them. And yes, I know that every ship has its good and bad apples.

Is the topic "worst KH pairing" or "worst KH fandom" though? The fandom of any pairing can be argued as being crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back