• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Worth It?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
Not sure if this is really worthy of a new thread since I am almost certain this has been discussed somewhere before, but I figured a mod can move this if it's that big of a deal.

I haven't bought 1.5 and 2.5 for PS4 yet, and I own the HD collections on PS3. I am just wondering...would you recommend upgrading to the PS4 version if I already have the PS3 versions? I like the idea of having them all on PS4, but I'm also not sure about shelling out $50 for games that I technically already own. I get there are improved graphics, but is it really THAT big of a difference?

Soldier

Awards
Not sure if this is really worthy of a new thread since I am almost certain this has been discussed somewhere before, but I figured a mod can move this if it's that big of a deal.

I haven't bought 1.5 and 2.5 for PS4 yet, and I own the HD collections on PS3. I am just wondering...would you recommend upgrading to the PS4 version if I already have the PS3 versions? I like the idea of having them all on PS4, but I'm also not sure about shelling out $50 for games that I technically already own. I get there are improved graphics, but is it really THAT big of a difference?
Keep in mind that the 1.5+2.5 editions do fix a lot of trophy problems, the most infamous being Chain of memories difficulty ones. For the original on 1.5, you had to beat the game 6 times, 3 for each character to platinum the game, but the one on 1.5+2.5 makes them stack, effectively narrowing it down to 2 playthroughs. That's one thing to consider, and when I bought my copy, the price tag didn't matter, its 4 games and 2 cinematic movies. Sure, I already had all of the games prior to this point, but to buy them in bulk like that is rare.

Veevee

Awards
I was once in your situation, in the end I bought the PS4 versions. The graphics look a liiittle better, but it's not worth spending around 40 bucks for that. What I really love about the PS4 versions is how smooth they are, the loading times are practically non-existent. I'm not too much an impatient person, but now that I have the PS4 versions, the PS3 version seems annoyingly slow to me. It's up to you to decide if that makes it worth the leap. I'd say if you don't want to play them immediately and right away, wait a little until the price drops and go for it if you feel convinced. Personally, I don't reeeally regret it because the loading times are so wonderful, but I guess I should've waited a little. Lol.

Last edited:

Not Ienzo

Website
www.fanfiction.net
If you have already have it for the PS3 then I don't think it's worth getting them again on the PS4, since even though the PS4 does improve some things they are still the same games.

FangirlfromHell

Awards
In the end this decision is yours alone. Though if you go to Game Stop and trade in the PS3 copies you will get a good chunk taken off of the price one the PS4 copy.

The PS4 edition is better than the PS3 in more than just the improved graphics. The characters move much more fluidly, load times are drastically shortened (in Birth by Sleep it is the most noticeable). They are also constantly patching bugs while some bugs are being left behind in the PS3 copies.

I switched because of the bugs in Chain of Memories. I found them unbearable and I wanted all my KH on one console for the petty reasoning of if I have them on the same system I won't have to switch systems to go from BBS to 0.2. Just swap disc and I'm done.

Awards
Thanks for all the feedback everyone! I think I am going to wait on it for now and see if I can't either find a used copy somewhere or wait for the price to drop a bit more.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
It's also worth noting that the ps4 versions already have improvements and extra content that will never come to the ps3 versions, and if more are added, it'll be worth it to have the ps4 versions already

KeybladeGuy

Awards
I'd say go for it; the utility of having every Kingdom Hearts game on one platform makes it a solid yes from lazy people like me.

Awards
Well, I did it. And I have no regrets. Thinking I may sell my PS3 now though...I really don't have any use for it anymore which makes me a little sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back