• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Worth Pre Ordering

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
But I want the theme but I want physical what should I do 😭

Same. I’ve been struggling with this myself. It’s why I think waiting for the demo will help with the decision because you’ll have a better idea of how much the game is worth to you.

Because I’m sure even if you go the digital route, you’ll still want to eventually buy a physical copy. This could determine if you go strictly digital and wait for a big price drop for a physical copy down the line or what...

Cumguardian69

Awards
Hmm...what I'd do is buy physical. The theme will be made available for purchase eventually. KH3 did the same with its "pre order" DLC.

Foxycian

Awards
I used to collect physical copies but I stoped and now I started buying digital most of the time, not only is it faster to get but won’t have to worry about a closet full of physical copy games that will take too much space of your room, digital represents the future while physical copy to me is just something from the past.

Bloodblade777-2

I used to collect physical copies but I stoped and now I started buying digital most of the time, not only is it faster to get but won’t have to worry about a closet full of physical copy games that will take too much space of your room, digital represents the future while physical copy to me is just something from the past.

The problem to me is that that will eventually lead to people no longer actually owning their games, just renting them out from big companies. Like its not actually your property anymore you're just paying a company to have the permission to download or even just play their game on their approved console, you cant mess around with it, you can't bring it to a friends or take it out the cupboard after a couple years its all dependent on them and their servers. Its kind of insidious to me. Also the digital prices are bs expensive at least were I live. Most games are 100$+, it's ridiculous, so I always go with physical. Only digital i get are isos and roms to emulate.

Ps yes I know most new console games have you download it anyway but I still think theres an insidious side to digital only stuff.

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
You could always get the PS4 edition digitally for the theme and the Switch version for physical because of the expanded boxart.

Foxycian

Awards
The problem to me is that that will eventually lead to people no longer actually owning their games, just renting them out from big companies. Like its not actually your property anymore you're just paying a company to have the permission to download or even just play their game on their approved console, you cant mess around with it, you can't bring it to a friends or take it out the cupboard after a couple years its all dependent on them and their servers. Its kind of insidious to me. Also the digital prices are bs expensive at least were I live. Most games are 100$+, it's ridiculous, so I always go with physical. Only digital i get are isos and roms to emulate.

Ps yes I know most new console games have you download it anyway but I still think theres an insidious side to digital only stuff.
Yea but the benefit of digital is that you can sure your games with your closest friends or family for free on their account.

Cumguardian69

Awards
Yea but the benefit of digital is that you can sure your games with your closest friends or family for free on their account.
I can also do that by gifting them my phys copy. Not as easily over distance compared to digital but it is possible. Irregardless of whether or not , I still feel OP should get physical over digital. If they want to keep the game then they can do so. If they dont want to keep it thwn they can easily sell it. All else is cope

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
But I want the theme but I want physical what should I do 😭
The theme is available with all digital purchases until December 31st 2020, so you have some time to make your decision, and the demo should help with that.

You could go digital and then get a physical copy for cheap later on down the line.

KeybladeMasterJr

Awards
The theme is available with all digital purchases until December 31st 2020, so you have some time to make your decision, and the demo should help with that.

You could go digital and then get a physical copy for cheap later on down the line.
But wouldn’t that affect the one I downloaded?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
What do you mean?

With KH games, the digital and physical installs on a PS4 are treated separately (you can have both installed at one time) and the same save data can be used between both (unless you bought a copy from a different region).

Source: I got a digital review copy of KH2.8 and a physical copy that I purchased so I know that both can be installed at the same time (though you can only launch the physical install with the disc in) and that save data works on both.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I don't care about the theme because I much prefer the ReMIND one, plus I prefer having the physical copy to go into my collection.

Back