• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Would/could Riku have taken Xion if it came to that.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
If things played out differently than they did in 358/2 days would Riku have still been able to allow Sora to awaken? There are two different scenarios that could have happened that could have changed the ending to days.

1. Roxas left the organization along with Xion. Xion however gets taken back by Axel but doesn't end up fighting Roxas afterwards but instead stays with Organization in order to both help find him and keep them from hurting Roxas like they where going to. This would require Riku to not only capture both Roxas but also Xion in order to wake Sora up. Riku would
likely be able to take Roxas in this scenario seeing as by this point Xion has absorbed a good amount of Roxas's powers but would he be able to take back Xion? I'm not saying Riku couldn't take her he probably could still even with some of Roxas's power but would he have the heart to erase here existence in order to awaken Sora? It was easy to do it to Roxas because he never knew Roxas personally. Riku could have a bunch of times just taken her to Sora like when she was passed out in Destiny Islands but he didn't and instead gave her the freedom to decide what her fate should be even helping her come to it by showing her the truth about Organization 13.

2. If Xion had succeeded in defeating and absorbing Roxas (even though that's not what she wanted she just wanted to force Roxas to absorb her) would Riku have been able to take her back to Sora than? Not talking about could he mentally bring back Xion but could he by force if he tried? If Xion had absorbed Roxas it was stated she would have turned into a perfect clone of the real Sora under the Organization's control. This would mean she would likely would have had 100% of Sora's power at her disposal. People like to assume (based on fighting skills I think) that Riku is stronger than Sora which I've never understood seeing as it took Riku relying on Ansem Seeker of Darkness's power (a power which wasn't his own) to defeat Roxas who was stated to only posses half of Sora's power. But I'm getting off topic, Do you think if Riku had to take back Xion as a perfect clone of Sora could he if he tried even with Ansem SoD power? If not than what would he have done? Perhaps ask Mickey for help?

Please share your thoughts and opinions on both these what if scenarios.
:biggrin:

Veevee

Awards
I think Riku would've been able to bring back both Roxas and Xion. He was determined to make Sora wake up, he would've found some way and he didn't really exploit his Ansem SoD powers yet. We only saw him use them, immediately capture Roxas and overthrow him, he didn't even use any real combat force which would also be powered up by darkness (as we saw with Terra). Why Riku couldn't beat Roxas:
One should take into consideration that Roxas didn't just absorb Xion's memories, but her whole existence and power and life energy. It's not just adding up the memory collection, but he got the whole strength of a being with fighting experience and skills which, to an extent, can be considered two against one (Roxas+Xion against Riku). Notice that he gains the ability to wield a second keyblade when he absorbs Xion, we can see that he didn't just gain memories.

Riku had sympathies with Xion because she looked like Kairi (at least that's what the manga states). The manga isn't canon but the way Riku reacts when he sees Xion's face hints that that might be true, he wouldn't be shocked like that if she just looked like Sora I guess. He didn't have much pity with her before he saw her face and the way he talked to her he gives off the vibe that he lets her choose her answer, but won't give her an eternity for that. I guess he hoped that she would surrender by her own and if not, he would hunt her down. Same with Roxas since DiZ fed him that "nobodies don't feel anything"-shit which he didn't seem to believe 100% percent, but he would have no real reason to believe otherwise.

I guess if Roxas and Xion would've fled, Axel would've chased both, the Organisation would've hunted them and Riku would've hunted them. Xion would've continued to absorb Roxas unwillingly so at least Roxas would've become an easy target and Xion can't defend herself + one weakened person against so many forces, so her end would be inevitable.
If Xion had managed to absorb Roxas, he probably would've gone full berserk mode with darkness against her; considering Riku's "I don't show my face, I can do this on my own"-attitude in KH2, I don't think he would've asked for help, but maybe Mickey would've jumped in anyway. Ultimately, Xion was destined to fall since Axel probably wouldn't have been "oh, you absorbed my best buddy? okay, fine" but would've had a problem with it. Same with the organisation who didn't care which one was absorbed but did very well care about the fact that their keybladewielder ran off (which Xion probably would've done after eating Roxas + release of Kingdom Hearts).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back