• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Would you be in favor of Original/Square Enix worlds in replace of Disney worlds?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I'm open to FF/SE worlds, though I'd rather original worlds with an FF-feel, like Radiant Garden, than locations I've already experienced from their respective video games. Shibuya being a special case because TWEWY, y'all!

However, I don't want Disney worlds to be dropped, but things need to change. It's no longer like it used to be, where the simple story allowed having these worlds just exist thematically to the main story and maybe have one short moment directly related to it. KH's story becomes bigger with each game, yet hasn't been given the room to accommodate it. KH3, the story still takes an abrupt stop to watch Disney movies. Some things relating to the plot might pop up, but it never actually moves things forward, and that needs to end.

Sora: "I am trying to regain a super duper power by visiting Disney worlds. It never works because it turns out I've actually had it all along, oh but some events foreshadowed/lead me to decide something I would have done anyway, I guess, so they were totally relevant, right?"

Org member: "Hello. I am here to remind players that I am a character who exists. I also fit thematically with this world. I will say thing that either goes nowhere or is ignored until the end of the game."

Okay, that might be oversimplifying, but the point is that whatever Disney worlds provide/what the original cast does there can no longer be just for the endgame. If most don't provide something immediately to the main story all THROUGHOUT to move it FORWARD, then they're a waste. And they don't have to do much. Just something.

Another problem is original worlds, (and by extension, the main story,) taking a backseat. Disney worlds as they are would be easier to accept if the main story was simply given equal attention and not shoved to the very end where it doesn't have time to handle anything.

pssst

I feel it works out well using mostly Disney worlds, because as soon as you include Square Enix worlds into Kingdom Hearts it alters the lore of those games.

Awards
Sign me up. I never played KH for disney anyway.

Though it'll never happen because those cutthroat bastards at disney own even the original characters. They hold the tone of the narrative back since KH has to abide by the same (western) child-friendly standards as the rest of their IPs. Not to mentionthe destiny trio will never have their own adventure because the casual, mainstream audience only wants SDG, give or take the S. And people wonder why they're the "weakest" trio.

Last edited:

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Disney worlds give Nomura and crew an easy out for developing fun backdrops for most of the game to take place in. I kind of doubt they have the ability to come up with such varied and colorful worlds on their own, much less characters and stories to fill them with.

I really can't imagine them getting KH right without Disney. Donald and Goofy carry KH3 on their back in terms of levity and genuine charming entertainment value.

XAndrew

Awards
Disney Is apart of KH lore and world building. Take that out means you take out a huge chunk of KH.

Last edited:

horto12485

Awards
No No Square Enix Worlds cause Kingdom Hearts is owned by Disney and Disney can't give up Kingdom Hearts we still need both Disney and Original Worlds

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Yes to more original worlds but no to specific "Square Enix" ones.
KH shouldn't be turned into a diet coke version of Final Fantasy.
Disney worlds and their associated designs are like 90% of the setting of the KH verse, they don't need to be replaced, just used better so the time spent in them doesn't feel like a waste or filler.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I think the closest we'll get to a Square Enix world will be TWEWY, assuming we see the cast come back. Though Final Remix did open a door to that possibility, seeing as how there's a dream version of Shibuya.

Gothtaku666

Awards
Yes to Square Enix world's personally.
I don't agree with the FINAL FANTASY characters lost there relevance in the story. To me they had more story purpose same with the twewy crew in Dream Drop Distance. I'd love to see more Square properties especially sense the original oh the ff and twewy characters balanced stuff out. And itd add more verity to the series and would help appeal to those who don't care for the Disney stuff but the final fantasy aspects draw them in . That and more original worlds. To me kh needs more square and final fantasy stuff aside from verum rex and more original worlds the Disney worlds are losing their edge and are starting to feel like the Filler In Bleach and Naruto just you have to go through it now to progress. I want the world's to be 100% relevant to the story .
To me KINGDOM HEARTS isn't just successful due to Mickey.
It as Rikus English VA said.
KINGDOM HEARTS is so successful because it takes to major and successful franchises and connects the best of both worlds. Alot of people will flat out deny or passionately disagree with this but KINGDOM HEARTS tries to FINAL FANTASY help make it what it is. From very small references and even lore elements that were carried into kh and most of all gameplay stuff. That's why I consider it a FF spinoff I understand if you don't agree . So to me it's not completely kh without square.

Vulpes XIII

Awards
I would like to see a game that has more original worlds than Disney worlds, so that the KH story and characters are able to get the attention they need instead of being pushed to the side by all the Disney stuff. After all if they replaced all the Disney worlds it wouldn’t feel like a KH game.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I would like to see a game that has more original worlds than Disney worlds, so that the KH story and characters are able to get the attention they need instead of being pushed to the side by all the Disney stuff. After all if they replaced all the Disney worlds it wouldn’t feel like a KH game.
I think the solution to main characters/stories being pushed to the side for the DISNEY worlds is to simply put them in the DISNEY worlds. The best worlds to do this would be ones that have their film's plots "exhausted" like Halloween Town or Kingdom of Corona. If they're taking out DISNEY boss fights, why not just replace it with a main character boss fight (or a Final Fantasy character). CoM gave us multiple main character boss fights between the DISNEY worlds, so I don't see why they can't give us fights like that sprinkled throughout the main story.

It would be great to have some DISNEY worlds be "film worlds" and others be "main story" worlds, it would really help make things feel more cohesive.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
We already have World of Final Fantasy for that.

I think it's far too late in the game to start using other Square properties as worlds.
If it did happen, I wouldn't particularly mind, but neither am I particularly excited about the idea.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
As long as the series exists it's never too late. There's a bevy of SE properties that have yet to be touched on. It could happen with the right creative team behind it. What I don't want is for them to show up as long hallways or have them incorporated but with the same amount of impact as post-KH1 Disney.

HAWTSAUCE

Awards
twilight town is my fave world so I'm sure more original worlds would be a nice edition. As for square enix,, i think a dragon quest 11 world would be fun, and I just want an excuse for sora to meet noctis and prompto TvT
Square enix has a bunch of nice games, too bad I can't see a way for my fave see after kh, Life is Strange, working with kh at all,,,,,

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
This topic actually got me thinking.

You guys ever think there are people in the dev team that don't wanna be stuck with Disney worlds?
Can't say one way or the other tbh. Not unless a developer comes out and expresses dissatisfaction with being limited to just Disney and OC worlds

It's possible some want to branch out a bit beyond Disney worlds

Last edited:

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
twilight town is my fave world so I'm sure more original worlds would be a nice edition. As for square enix,, i think a dragon quest 11 world would be fun, and I just want an excuse for sora to meet noctis and prompto TvT
Square enix has a bunch of nice games, too bad I can't see a way for my fave see after kh, Life is Strange, working with kh at all,,,,,
Now that you mention Twilight Town, I'd like to know if future additions of FF properties will either continued to be inside original worlds (Traverse Town, Radiant Garden, Twilight Town), or will we have Worlds based on FF properties.

Or maybe the future of FF properties is original properties inspired by FF games (Versus XIII = Verum Rex)

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
This discussion is already as old as the fandom itself it seems, at least the whole issue with "FF worlds" has been around since the CoM/KH 2 days and I remember the answer being always the same regarding it.

There will never be actual "Final Fantasy worlds" because the FF characters in the KH verse are not the "actual" FF characters which prance around in the FF verse and Dissidia etc.

Squall does not hail from the Centra Orphanage run by Edea Kramer as in the actual FF VIII in KH, he hails from Radiant Garden as does Cid Highwind who in FF VII resides in Rocket Town and so on.

I can't find the actual text right now but I do recall Nomura himself stating there will never be actual FF worlds because the FF characters in KH are reimaginations who only share the same name, some basic traits and (roughly) similar appearance with the characters they're based of.

Considering how there was even serious contemplation to ditch the FF cameos as a whole and with Verum Rex we have now what can be described as KH original characters inspired by FF characters or what TVTropes calls an "Expy" or "Expies" in plural, i guess the next best thing would be having Expy-worlds that aren't the actual FF worlds but inspired by them.

On yet another hand though there is the question if the KH original worlds themselves are already filling that role anyways.

Awards
It certainly feels like they can get away with Square-based alternate worlds in the next game if they wanted.

If they were to go that route as a script flip, it'd prolly be like Quadratum being an alternate Versus XIII. Familiar but very different. Not in the "KH reimaginings of the originals" way but like peering into a universe where Cloud had a completely different name and design.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
This discussion is already as old as the fandom itself it seems, at least the whole issue with "FF worlds" has been around since the CoM/KH 2 days and I remember the answer being always the same regarding it.

There will never be actual "Final Fantasy worlds" because the FF characters in the KH verse are not the "actual" FF characters which prance around in the FF verse and Dissidia etc.

Squall does not hail from the Centra Orphanage run by Edea Kramer as in the actual FF VIII in KH, he hails from Radiant Garden as does Cid Highwind who in FF VII resides in Rocket Town and so on.
Yeah but at the same time we got Mickey Mouse characters occupying both Disney Castle & Country of Musketeers & they don't even try to explain it.

Back