• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Would you buy the compilations again on next-gen

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Would you buy the compilations again on next-gen

• No, my ps2 versions are enough

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wait, there are compilations?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

AegisXIII

Awards
With the arrival of next-gen, many questions have been answered. For example, we know that 99% of the ps4 games are retrocompatible with ps5. However, they will not be ps5 optimized, thus the announcement of some remaster title with improved graphics, gameplay, raytracing, etc... (Spiderman Remaster, Devil May Cry Special Edition, etc...).

In our case, we can assume that all KH games on ps4 will be playable on ps5. However, I can't help to think that we will see a PS5 package of the xehanort saga coming up at some point. If that would be the case, what would you do? And if that was the case, what kind of improvements would you like to see?

okhi12

Awards
I have the PS3 version of 1.5 and 2.5. I did not buy the PS4 version because, although I know it fixes some issues and adds some features and cutscenes, there wasn't any new playable content, but I'd like to have all the games on one system.

If a bundle with all the games is announced for PS5 I'm sure I'll buy it, specially if there are improvements. I don't think they'll add anything new, though.

They could also release an update (for free, I wish) to enhance the PS4 versions on PS5 so we don't have to buy everything again. That's not mutually exclusive with releasing a KH collection for PS5 but this is Square Enix we're talking about... if they can make us pay again they will.

As for the improvements, I don't think we can expect much except for higher framerate and resolution. I would like KH3 using the haptic technology of the Dualsense somehow (with the keyblade transformations) but that's not gonna happen.

Last edited:

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I guess it depends on if I still use my PS4 around the time I get a PS5 or not. I have no plans to get one in the near future, but upon a time when I do get one, I'm hesitant on the backwards compatibility of old games on a new system due to past bad experiences. I have no doubt they'll release the entire Dark Seeker Saga games on PS5 complete with ReMind. We'll see if the price is reasonable.

AegisXIII

Awards
I have the PS3 version of 1.5 and 2.5. I did not buy the PS4 version because, although I know it fixes some issues and adds some features and cutscenes, there wasn't any new playable content, but I'd like to have all the games on one system.

If a bundle with all the games is announced for PS5 I'm sure I'll buy it, specially if there are improvements. I don't think they'll add anything new, though.

They could also release an update (for free, I wish) to enhance the PS4 versions on PS5 so we don't have to buy everything again. That's not mutually exclusive with releasing a KH collection for PS5 but this is Square Enix we're talking about... if they can make us pay again they will.

As for the improvements, I don't think we can expect much except for higher framerate and resolution. I would like KH3 using the haptic technology of the Dualsense somehow (with the keyblade transformations) but that's not gonna happen.

I would also think there would be an update to the ps5 version. But I wonder if Sony or Microsoft designed their store so that game entries support cross-gen. My guess is that there will be a game with ps4 label and a game with ps5 label, but not a game with both ps4/ps5 labels and cross saves. It would be complicated to maintain and keep track of the updates/version numbers. But that remains to be seen. That's the main reason why I believe a new compilation is coming. They need to show that games are still up to date and cannot rely on people buying outdated ps4 versions.

As for new features, there has been some discussions on this forum recently of tiny things that could be done.
- proper hd cutscenes for re:com, days and re:coded (and not the ugly 720p).
- a list of objectives for kh1 like in other games (consistency)
- merge 0.2 and remind into kh3 main campaign (kh3 final mix?)
- Playable days, re:coded or CHI (unlikely, but still worth mentioning) or more scenes in those cinematic movies.
- More options to tweak the game for speedrunner and lv1 completionists
- PC release
- Nice package / collector
- Melody of Memory included

Chie

Awards
I feel like people shouldn't need to have the entire series on the newest console to consider playing kingdom hearts. Older consoles are always way cheaper than the newest console anyway. But gamers love to waste money I guess

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Maybe? Definitely if they add in something new (and a whole new trophy list that gets rid of difficulty trophies because f that lol)

99% of PS4 games are backwards compatible with the PS5, though, so I would buy them if they happened to fall into the 1%.

I guess for collector reasons...?

Cumguardian69

Awards
2FM, yes. Wouldnt rebuy any other game though unless 3 got a heavy rebalance

welken

Awards
KH1&2 are big comfort games for me, so I can't say I wouldn't buy them again if I end up getting a PS5, if there were some improvements. Especially if they included the Japanese voices (and other languages too) and the original color palettes for the Heartless, plus anything else they felt like adding in, like bonus colosseum cups. Ally button in KH1 could be mapped to touchpad or R3/L3 as to not interfere with triangle commands. Birth By Sleep needs a little polish and a readjusted camera. The reason I don't own 2.8 is because the minimap in DDD HD cannot be toggled off. Awful, awful. Never have I had need for a minimap in KH, portals be damned. It's unacceptable, and I like DDD. It would be cool if Days were made playable, even if it's edited down. The GBA version of CoM should absolutely be included in a definitive collection.
I would never buy KH3 again unless it were part of a full compilation (on sale), but I might play through it to the part with the guardians of light in the sky. Only way I'll play ReMind, and most likely Melody of Memory.

Noivern

Awards
I would also think there would be an update to the ps5 version. But I wonder if Sony or Microsoft designed their store so that game entries support cross-gen.

Microsoft is the no.1 investor of cross-gen stuff. XBOX One was already retrocompatible with 360 and the new one will be as well. Sony.. eh. They're this weird bread that likes to cather to JPN market (where people are huge collectors and tend to own multiple consoles at once, as well as console and portable being prefered over PC) compared to international ones (where people tend to favor always having everything avaiable on the newest generation), so their stuff is all over the place, lol.

If we ever get KH on PC then I could see a re-release of The Complete Package for the newest gen, but I doubt they would add anything else to it.. Maybe 5 years down the line when we get MoM HD/FM and probably 2 more games and a movie retelling of UX.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Probably, once it comes down to the right price. I'm crazy that way.

Besides, I'm going to keep hoping Re:Mind content will be added onto the disc version of KH3 in the future in one of the re-releases.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
If there's a new batch of trophies that come with it, then sure, why not.

Ink Ribbon

Awards
More than likely will, especially if there's some kind of full Dark Seeker Saga package deal.

Cumguardian69

Awards
It's KH, so yes. Anything KH gets my money... except mobile phone games.
Think about all of the potentially interesting characters and writing, sleuthing and murder mysteries, and most importantly Ephemera and Skuld helping Player-Kun though though ;____;

gacha needs your wallet asap

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Think about all of the potentially interesting characters and writing, sleuthing and murder mysteries, and most importantly Ephemera and Skuld helping Player-Kun though though ;____;

gacha needs your wallet asap
That's what YouTube/KH Wikia/KHInsider is for... or when the HD film is added into one of the compilations.

My problem with KHUX is that major main story stuff is happening on a phone game. If it was completely main story free and just a fun mobile game, then by all means do your thing. But after the hellish complaints that came from Days and BbS being on two different consoles from the main series, Nomura should have learned that getting the main story onto one console/making it easily accessible is what people want. Which is why compilations are great, but it sucks that the MOST IMPORTANT game to introduce Phase 2's story probably will not be included in a compilation as a game, but as a very truncated film (if we're lucky).

Unless they were to add more content to the games, no since I already own 1.5+2.5 on PS4 and 2.8 and KH3.

Back