• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Would you want Disney to buy more companies?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

LastDemiDevil

Awards
Is there even anything left for them to buy lmao? I'd rather have Disney broken up, cause right now it feels like everything is owned by Disney in some capacity. Also, they don't seem to be handling owning everything as well as they probably thought they could.

AR829038

Awards
Is there even anything left for them to buy lmao? I'd rather have Disney broken up, cause right now it feels like everything is owned by Disney in some capacity. Also, they don't seem to be handling owning everything as well as they probably thought they could.
Well, they could buy Warner Bros. Tbh, it would be pretty neat to see a LotR and Harry Potter world in Kingdom Hearts (minus all the JK Rowling stuff of course).

Personally, I hate the way Disney has been managing its new acquisitions, but at the same time, I can't lie that I fantasize about KH becoming the crossover to end all crossovers and just being able to gobble up every major media property to use as worlds.

KairiTheMang0

Awards
We don’t need the Disney monopoly board to grow even more 😔. I don’t want to say they’ve ruined everything they’ve bought, but in recent years the new media they’ve been creating hasn’t been the best, at least in my opinion. Specifically the MCU and Pixar, those are the ones I follow the closest. Unsure what they’ve been doing with Fox and Star Wars, and I have mixed feelings on there recent animated films (and very very aggressive feelings on their live action remakes) but I really really don’t want dreamworks or sony, two companies who seem to have only recently found their footing, to be stuck with Disney. Although I do think they have properties that would make for good KH worlds, I don’t think that it would be worth it for those companies.

AR829038

Awards
We don’t need the Disney monopoly board to grow even more 😔. I don’t want to say they’ve ruined everything they’ve bought, but in recent years the new media they’ve been creating hasn’t been the best, at least in my opinion. Specifically the MCU and Pixar, those are the ones I follow the closest. Unsure what they’ve been doing with Fox and Star Wars, and I have mixed feelings on there recent animated films (and very very aggressive feelings on their live action remakes) but I really really don’t want dreamworks or sony, two companies who seem to have only recently found their footing, to be stuck with Disney. Although I do think they have properties that would make for good KH worlds, I don’t think that it would be worth it for those companies.
100% agree. I would only want it for KH to have a broader roster of properties to incorporate.

Chie

Awards
I think KH is doing fine as it is now.

Sonofjafar

Awards
If Disney ever does buy anything else, it should be specific ips and it the whole company. That way they seem less like they are taking over the world and just making deals. One example I often think about is buying a game ip from Nintendo that they never use in order to get Disney Interactive back on its feet.

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
I honestly feel the more companies Disney buys, the more protective they are of their IP and the less risks they'll let Nomura take with it. We've gone from Mickey going on a murder rampage after thinking Goofy died to the entirety of Let It Go being remade. I just don't think a bigger Disney is good for the series (or the world, but that's a different issue).

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I honestly feel the more companies Disney buys, the more protective they are of their IP and the less risks they'll let Nomura take with it. We've gone from Mickey going on a murder rampage after thinking Goofy died to the entirety of Let It Go being remade. I just don't think a bigger Disney is good for the series (or the world, but that's a different issue).
Well, Let It Go was really to show Disney that they could replicate their style without any help. They didn’t get any assets to utilize—they got some basic data but they had to build everything from scratch and they proved they could work magic.

Disney has gotten more lax with other companies. It feels like SE is the one they were strict about for some reason.

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
Well, Let It Go was really to show Disney that they could replicate their style without any help. They didn’t get any assets to utilize—they got some basic data but they had to build everything from scratch and they proved they could work magic.

Disney has gotten more lax with other companies. It feels like SE is the one they were strict about for some reason.
I'm not an expert in anything, but it feels like KH is something that wouldn't have been approved today. They might feel it's seriously off brand, and are way more strict about it than they would be otherwise.

KudoTsurugi

Awards
The only way I’d want to see Disney get new companies is if they let their bought companies(Marvel, Fox, Lucasfilm, Blue Sky before it dissolved) become independent again.

AR829038

Awards
I'm not an expert in anything, but it feels like KH is something that wouldn't have been approved today. They might feel it's seriously off brand, and are way more strict about it than they would be otherwise.
Yeah, thank god we had Michael Eisner when we did.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
But I’m trying to tell you, Disney of today is very lax now. It’s why we have games like Dreamlight Valley, Twisted Wonderland, Speedstorm, Mirrorverse, Sorcerer’s Arena, and plenty of other unannounced projects. Not to mention merchandising is starting to embrace crossover with the Disney Princesses who used to never interact in any marketing materials.

They are certainly more likely to cancel a project if they feel it isn’t fruitful, but they aren’t against a concept like KH. I think KH is the reason why we have games like the ones I listed above.
Yeah, thank god we had Michael Eisner when we did.
I mean, yes, but also he was highly controlling and a micromanager so it was genuinely pure luck that he approved KH. Disney Japan worked with SquareSoft on the game in secret without SquareSoft even knowing they were working on something that wasn’t approved because Disney Japan didn’t think Eisner would approve if it.

HakaishinChampa

Awards
After the Microsoft CMA UK debacle, I cannot see Disney acquiring huge companies. WB would be expensive and would probably end up in failure.

Smaller movie studios maybe?

Though if they somehow got WB they'd own DC, Cartoon Network and all other WB properties. Disney would have an unfair advantage compared to other entertainment studios. Would Disney+ and HBO Max merge? What would realistically occur?

Sonofjafar

Awards
If Disney really wanted to rule the world, they would have bought out one of the big names in video games by now. Also Warner Brothers is far too big to buy all at once. If they wanted to go down that road, they’d settle for some nostalgic ip that already seems like a Disney movie. *cough* Wizard of Oz *cough*

Guernsey

Awards
I do not know if that is a good thing. We do not want Disney ruling the world or buying out everything.

Back