• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Would you want ReMind to Change Anything in the Canonical Story

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

darknessofheart

Awards
It's a bit of running joke at this point among many fans that ReMind may basically be "How the Ending Should've Been." Obviously, we have no idea what this DLC will change, if anything, but it seems like many events will be given another alternative.

What would you like?
  • Aqua truly standing her own and defeating Terra-Xehanort
  • Kairi kicking the crap out of Xehanort
  • Xehanort getting an un-redemptive end (I know there wasn't any real redemption in the original ending, but you know what I mean)
  • Or something else

Last edited:

AR829038

Awards
It's a bit of running joke at this point among many fans that ReMind may basically be "How the Ending Should've Been." Obviously, we have no idea what this DLC will change, if anything, but it seems like many events will be given another alternative.

What would you like?
  • Aqua truly standing her own and defeating Terra-Xehanort
  • Kairi kicking the crap out of Xehanort
  • Xehanort getting an un-redemptive end (I know there wasn't any real redemption in the original ending, but you know what I mean)
  • Or something else
Honestly, there are only two/three things I'd want them to outright change.
1: Kairi needs to put up more of a fight before getting killed. I have literally zero problem with her BEING killed—I just can't stand how ineffectual and weak she was. They could VERY EASILY edit one or two scenes toward the end showing her fighting back more against Xemnas or running after him rather than being kidnapped, and instead of just getting bodied by MX, sacrifice herself to protect Sora from some kind of fatal deathblow. It would be really easy to stitch together from the material they already have, and it would make a world of difference.
2: The effects of the power of waking need to be more clearly demonstrated. Particularly, I mean regarding the Lich sequence. They could show Sora suffering incrementally greater pains or bouts of weakness from using the PoW, which would mesh better with what Young Xehanort tells him. As it is, it doesn't register as something very important in the player's mind, and so the ending where it catches up to him and Sora dies from it seems to come completely out of nowhere. Of course, with the way ReMIND is shaping up, it may actually turn out that it wasn't the Power of Waking at all that caused Sora to vanish, but rather some kind of cosmic timey wimey deal he made with the universe to swap his existence out in exchange for rewriting time.
3: The time revision at the Keyblade Graveyard needs to be explained better as well. That was easily the most confusing scene in the entire series, and even now I'm still trying to wrap my head around why characters were behaving a certain way and what exactly was even happening. I don't think anyone has actually really figured that part of the story out yet. And that's just terrible storytelling, plain and simple. I still feel like significant portions of that sequence were just edited out and they didn't catch it in time before worldwide release.

legacier

Awards
I'd change the epilogue so that Ira doesn't tell Luxu he looks different until after seeing his face. That's just a nitpick though.

I would have liked to see a different end for Vanitas. The story lately has shown more often that darkness is not necessarily bad, but Vanitas (despite being a victim of Xehanort himself) still dies as an Unapologetically Evil Dark Edgelord of Evil Dark Darkness. All of the other villains had some kind of resolution to their character, with the exception of him and Young Xehanort... I'm still not entirely convinced we've seen the last of them, though.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
I'd change the epilogue so that Ira doesn't tell Luxu he looks different until after seeing his face. That's just a nitpick though.

I would have liked to see a different end for Vanitas. The story lately has shown more often that darkness is not necessarily bad, but Vanitas (despite being a victim of Xehanort himself) still dies as an Unapologetically Evil Dark Edgelord of Evil Dark Darkness. All of the other villains had some kind of resolution to their character, with the exception of him and Young Xehanort... I'm still not entirely convinced we've seen the last of them, though.
I disagree on the Vanitas thing, let a villain just be a villain. Too many people got redeemed in this game a being made of pure darkness to be redeemed as well. Everyone else was pretty much a victim of circumstance, but Vanitas was made of darkness for the purpose of destroying Ventus and possibly has some ties to UX since Ven is from there.

Look at the final 13:
Xehanort - Is the big bad guy
Xemnas - is a nobody made from the big bad guy controlling someone else's body
Ansem SoD - is a heartless made from the big bad guy controlling someone else's body
Young Xehanort - Is the big bad guy's younger self displaced from time
Terra-Xehanort - Is the big bad guy controlling someone else's body

Now take into account that Terra-Xehanort, Xemnas, and Ansem are all a part of Terra as well, fixing Terra and the fact that they carry his emotions was a give in. Ansem was fond of Riku because he was chasing him but ultimately he realized Riku was the better (see Sasuke and Orochimaru) and Xemnas was more amused than anything.

Saix - said that he wasn't really entirely controlled and had ulterior motives from the beginning.
Xion - she showed up last minute and her entire self is one big anomaly but her friendship with Lea and Roxas was bound to save her once we knew she was there.

These two had deep ties to lights we knew about so they were definitely on the redeemed/saved checklist from the get go.

Marluxia - a nobody from the X era who was searching desperately for any signs of his lost sister
Larxene - a nobody from the X era who was along with Marluxia for the ride
Luxord - a nobody from the X era who, at this time, still has a mysterious past and his motivations are unclear

So we have the X era baddies, two of which have a very clear driving force and because this was clarified before KH3 release, it makes sense that they have some kind of redemption for their villainy. So lastly we come to...

Xigbar - He gets no redemption because he is actually Luxu and is being set up as a part of the new villains for future KH games. He blindly follows MoM's orders and we can tell from Back Cover that MoM isn't exactly a good person.
Repliku - He doesn't get any redemption, no matter which version of Riku it was, the one inside of current Riku pulled the evil version out to leave the empty body behind for Namine. That evil Riku was still evil to the end.
Vanitas - His motivation for being evil comes from his darkness and his hatred for Vanitas. Possibly related to X era so he could return.

That leaves us with only 4 bad guys (versions of Xehanort not included) that don't have some kind of happy ending and that's fewer than I expected to end up with. So we should stop trying to redeem him, just because everyone wants to assume he's some kind of misunderstood cinnamon roll that needs to be protected when in reality he would tie your shoe strings together and break a bottle right in front of where you're going to land so he can laugh at your misfortune.

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
I disagree on the Vanitas thing, let a villain just be a villain. Too many people got redeemed in this game a being made of pure darkness to be redeemed as well. Everyone else was pretty much a victim of circumstance, but Vanitas was made of darkness for the purpose of destroying Ventus and possibly has some ties to UX since Ven is from there.
Er, I'm not sure where you got a lot of this from tbh.

Firstly, Vanitas wasn't created for the sake of destroying Ventus. On the contrary, Xehanort made it clear at multiple points that he didn't want Ventus to be harmed, since he needed the two to re-merge and forge the X-blade.

Vanitas is very much a villain by circumstance, but his antagonism is also motivated by necessity and the toxic nuturing of Master Xehanort (who he knew only viewed him as a tool). More than anything, Vanitas is driven by his desire to be re-completed, and he's ruthless in pursuit of that agenda. Every single one of his actions can be traced back to self preservation, and his goal of re-completion. Even in KH3 (where he's significantly dumbed down), he's still acting with this mindset.

His plot in the Monster's Inc. world was done in order to help "reconstruct" his heart (possibly from the damage done to it toward the end of BBS), and he attacked Sora in an effort to extract Ventus' heart to re-merge with it. Not destroy it. That's why he says, in that same scene: "Join you're heart with mine!"

Later, he follows Aqua and SDG to LoD, and makes it clear that he wants to "spend a moment with his 'brother'." Again, pointing back to his goal of re-completing himself. And while yes, he does attempt to blast Ven's body in this segment, note that he only needs his heart in order to achieve his goal. And really, nothing here suggest he did that for any greater purpose other than trying to catch Aqua off-guard.

Later, when you defeat him in the Keyblade Graveyard, his dying line is: "I need... The other half of--". Again, indicating that his goals haven't changed. It's clear that he only complied with Xehanort (risking losing his agency entirely) in order to achieve his own self-interest. Not because his inherent nature as darkness made him want to see everything destroyed. Vanitas, from the beginning, was openly coded as being jealous (of Ven and his friends) and desperate (to put an end to his own suffering). It was never as simple as "oh, he's pure darkness, so he's just bad by default." That's the exact thing Ventus was trying to argue against in the end of KH3 (albiet, vaguely). His circumstances were complicated and tragic, and there was far more room for him to be redeemed than there was Ansem, Xemnas, or MX himself (who all got far better, and more meaningful reconciliation than Vanitas).

Last edited:

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Kairi doesn’t die. I really don’t understand why Nomura did that to her, or worse yet, why did they approved it?
I always joked that Nomura hates Kairi and when that happened I was stupefied.

Any

Awards
Let Vanitas talk about his incomplete heart. I don’t like how it was disregarded in the base game. Wasn’t fair that every member talked or hinted at their problems but him.

Don’t kill off Kairi, period.

OrionGold

Awards
I'd want Aqua to stop Ven from approaching Terra because goddamn, she is suppose to know that something's up considering he fought him and the fact that he's just standing there in the middle with those dead eyes.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I'd have liked to see Kairi put up more of a fight before being offed, if she had to be offed. But I guess I'll have to settle for her kicking Xehanort's butt in a revised timeline, if that's really what we saw in the trailer.

Aqua beating Vanitas, only to be endangered by another Nort or Unversed that got the drop on her. How she lost that fight just never will sit well with me. Same for her not being the one to bring Terra back.

Aqua stopping Ven earlier or even better Ven remembering what Riku said and not just charging at Terra all defenseless like.

I'd also want them to have more interactions between the characters. Like these characters have so many ties to each other but barely exchange words and them bringing the stuff up later will just feel like it's oddly late to address.

Nanelle

I'd change a number of things. The first is Xehanort's conclusion. He deserves to have the crap beaten out of him by everyone. Make a grand team battle where they all, individually have their well deserved vengeance. I don't want any possibility of redemption for someone as evil as him. Just a straight slaughter fest for the old man with an epic finish by the heroes. Rewatching the ending and thinking about it makes me rather dissatisfied with his conclusion.

More everyone else and their stories, particularly Aqua. I love how she was saved, but give me more of her pain and let us have two different scenes, minimum with anti Aqua. That way we have to dwell on it after feeling the loss by her deep fall. That would give us all the more desperation to see her saved.

KeyToDestiny

Awards
I'd change a number of things. The first is Xehanort's conclusion. He deserves to have the crap beaten out of him by everyone. Make a grand team battle where they all, individually have their well deserved vengeance. I don't want any possibility of redemption for someone as evil as him. Just a straight slaughter fest for the old man with an epic finish by the heroes. Rewatching the ending and thinking about it makes me rather dissatisfied with his conclusion.

Imagine getting this worked up over a fictional character. But then again, I've seen most people say the same absurd things. And I'm glad that basically nothing severe will change with that story especially with Xehanort since what we got was better than what I've seen most people here have suggested.

As for the question in the OP, I'd change nothing much really since nothing major will really end up changing besides getting some empty spaces in the plots finally filled with explanations here and there.

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv

More everyone else and their stories, particularly Aqua. I love how she was saved, but give me more of her pain and let us have two different scenes, minimum with anti Aqua. That way we have to dwell on it after feeling the loss by her deep fall. That would give us all the more desperation to see her saved.
Pretty sure that "ganging up on a dying old man and brutally beating him to death with 12 other people" isn't Sora's style, nor anyone else's. Not even Xehanort would do that lol. Sure he killed Kairi but that was a quick strike, not a merciless beatdown.

Also revenge isn't always a good motivator for things and I think at that point nobody that would want revenge needed it anymore

Eonstar890

Awards
I highly doubt this is something they would change but I still would like to mention it because I like the idea of it.

Xehanorts main logic behind corrupting Terra and turning him into his vessel in BBS was so that he may live on due to his body being old and decaying. Because of this I find it odd that old man Xehanort is suddenly not concerned with this at all in KH3. Even stranger was the fact that upon Xemnas and Ansem SoD respective demises Old man Xehanort is recompleted separately from Terra instead of recompleted Terranort. I know this was explained in an interview at some point but i still feel like logically it would’ve made more sense the other way (especially if we consider Xigbar/Braig’s scenario)

Now what I would’ve liked instead was if Terranort was the one who came back and acted as the True Organizations Leader. Then during the new Keyblade war, aqua and Ventus would have teamed up to free terra from Xehanort’s control , forcing his heart out of terras body, but Xehanort would have planned for this eventuality. He would have made sure an empty replica body was on stand by, if this were to happen. That way once his heart was forced to leave Terra, he could’ve inhabitated this new, much more easily controlled body (since now he doesn’t have to deal with terras heart constantly fighting him) and this would allow to him be at his full power making the final fight more menacing. Plus because he us using a replica body, he could take on the the appearance of Xehanort at the prime of his life. I imagine a slightly older version of YX, which would stick with the concept of the numbered titles revealing the new true face of evil for that particular narrative. (Like how Ansem SoD wasn’t around until the very end of KH1)

of course this idea would require a lot of reworking and retconning if DDD, but hey a boy can dream.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I highly doubt this is something they would change but I still would like to mention it because I like the idea of it.

Xehanorts main logic behind corrupting Terra and turning him into his vessel in BBS was so that he may live on due to his body being old and decaying. Because of this I find it odd that old man Xehanort is suddenly not concerned with this at all in KH3. Even stranger was the fact that upon Xemnas and Ansem SoD respective demises Old man Xehanort is recompleted separately from Terra instead of recompleted Terranort. I know this was explained in an interview at some point but i still feel like logically it would’ve made more sense the other way (especially if we consider Xigbar/Braig’s scenario)

Now what I would’ve liked instead was if Terranort was the one who came back and acted as the True Organizations Leader. Then during the new Keyblade war, aqua and Ventus would have teamed up to free terra from Xehanort’s control , forcing his heart out of terras body, but Xehanort would have planned for this eventuality. He would have made sure an empty replica body was on stand by, if this were to happen. That way once his heart was forced to leave Terra, he could’ve inhabitated this new, much more easily controlled body (since now he doesn’t have to deal with terras heart constantly fighting him) and this would allow to him be at his full power making the final fight more menacing. Plus because he us using a replica body, he could take on the the appearance of Xehanort at the prime of his life. I imagine a slightly older version of YX, which would stick with the concept of the numbered titles revealing the new true face of evil for that particular narrative. (Like how Ansem SoD wasn’t around until the very end of KH1)

of course this idea would require a lot of reworking and retconning if DDD, but hey a boy can dream.
That's actually not a bad idea. Especially considering old man Xehanort is barely in KH3 as it is. Plus it would give Terra screentime which he so greatly lacked in the game.

disney233

Awards
hqdefault.jpg
You know damn well what I want changed. Add me to the Kairi pity party, because this scene was so goddamn appalling to deal with. And while we're at it, the entire Keyblade Graveyard scene with Terranort needs to be changed. LIKE...IS THERE A REASON THEY ALL JUST STAND THERE LIKE LEMMINGS?!

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Considering the trailer shows her kicking some Xehanort butt in playable fashion, I get the feeling that's one thing already confirmed to change lol
Most likely, though part of me has grown worried that the Kairi fight isn't part of the remind episode, but instead something you can do outside of the story... Hope this is an unfounded fear.

darknessofheart

Awards
Most likely, though part of me has grown worried that the Kairi fight isn't part of the remind episode, but instead something you can do outside of the story... Hope this is an unfounded fear.

Almost positive it is part of Remind because, if you look closely, the commands are in the Keyblade Graveyard style, same as the guardians vs the replica Xehanorts. The other fights against the org members in that arena have a different command style, so they are probably part of the "Limit Cut."

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Kairi's death obviously. Like if you are going to kill her off at least make it emotional. Kairi's death was laughably bad. Poor girl didn't deserve that.

Another thing I would change was Sora vs Xehanort. I feel like this should have been a battle of ideals. Sora is all about his friends are his power, while Xehanort relies only on himself and his goal to have 13 vessels is because he only trust himself to get things done, cliche as that motive is. Unlike Xehanort, Sora would befriend his clones and treat them as equals and friends instead of pawns, which Xehanort laughs at. Final battle is between Xehanort and Sora. All the guardians of light plus Namine come to Sora's side to give him their strength via magic friendship. Xehanort in comparison absorbs Xemnas, Ansem, and Young Xehanort for extra power. However since he is not friends with any of his other selves he doesn't realize they have no power to give him, and his power boost amounts to nothing at all. Xehanort loses even with the X-Blade and cannot understand how he lost to ordinary dull Sora and his smelly friends. Then Sora gives his friendship speech. Whether it has any impact on Xehanort is up in the air as he fades or whatever. There's your fanfic for the day, lol.

KeyToDestiny

Awards
Hope that fear of yours comes true. Doesn't make sense for Kairi to be able to keep up with Master Xehanort especially in his strongest form.

Back