• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► Wreck-It Ralph - WIR2 Officially Announced!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards
Man this looks bunk. Just a bunch of pop culture 'lol internet' jokes. The first movie was so sweet and earnest.

This looks so cynical and manipulative.

How? It looks like self aware humor. The Emoji Movie was manipulative. I imagine most of the movie will take place on Disney properties because Disney knows itself.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
I mean, I get where he's coming from (I get somewhat nauseous seeing all the product placement), but yes, the characters seem to be present and inside the joke here. And the first one was "lol videogame jokes", so the fact that Vanellope is sass-backing the literal title of the movie gives me positive vibes for the flick, among other things shown in the trailer. At the very least, it looks like it will be fun, harmless entertainment. I loved the first one so much, I'm seeing this one either way. I'm excited.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
I'm in love with this Cinderella and Pocahontas tbh.

I mean, I get where he's coming from (I get somewhat nauseous seeing all the product placement), but yes, the characters seem to be present and inside the joke here. And the first one was "lol videogame jokes", so the fact that Vanellope is sass-backing the literal title of the movie gives me positive vibes for the flick, among other things shown in the trailer. At the very least, it looks like it will be fun, harmless entertainment. I loved the first one so much, I'm seeing this one either way. I'm excited.

I think the first movie marketed its product placement and guest stars a lot too but most had little to do with the real plot and heart of the movie, and I am hopeful this one will be the same, I guess...it could end up being "bunk" lol. But I have faith myself.

Rydgea

Awards
Website
backloggery.com
I think the first movie marketed its product placement and guest stars a lot too but most had little to do with the real plot and heart of the movie, and I am hopeful this one will be the same, I guess...it could end up being "bunk" lol. But I have faith myself.

Oh, you don't need to convince me. Any time it's shoved in my face as concentrated as it was in the trailer, I have a knee-jerk reaction to cringe in disgust. But if you read my posts, you'll know I'm optimistic as well. :)

Doesn't mean the movie won't be garbage, but so far, and regardless of it's successful predecessor, even just the richness of the medium has me captivated enough to see this on the big screen.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Gal Gadot will be voicing a new character known as Shank from a game(?) called Slaughter Race! https://twitter.com/galgadot/status/1027933469651939329?s=21

Y6zG7QD.jpg

Some descriptions of the character from Rich Moore and Gal Gadot:

Moore: She is the coolest character in this world of Slaughter Race. Shank’s lived a lot, she’s seen a lot, yet she’s got nothing but kindness in her heart - that’s the duality of that character.

Gadot: Shank is amazing at driving cars and has this bad-girl vibe to her. But as the movie goes on you realize how fun, wise and warm she really is on the inside, which is what I like most about her

Last edited:

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
would b nice if you’d spoilertag heroes duty 2.0 so us going-in-blind viewers dont lesrn stuff like this in the feed smh

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
would b nice if you’d spoilertag heroes duty 2.0 so us going-in-blind viewers dont lesrn stuff like this in the feed smh

It’s featured in the trailer? Isn’t the KHI spoiler policy that content shown in official promotions doesn’t require spoiler tags? Sorry if I ruined the film for you, but it’s not really my job to keep you from looking at this stuff...

Pokie

Going to guess that the blue girl helping Ralph is the ''surprise shock twist, villain " ( King Candy, Stinky Pete, Prince Hans, Lotso etc) and the Shank girl is the "Red Herring " ( Duke of Weselton etc)

I hope I'm wrong about this, otherwise, urghygh.

Man this looks bunk. Just a bunch of pop culture 'lol internet' jokes. The first movie was so sweet and earnest.

This looks so cynical and manipulative.

Agree. This movie screams "come to see our movie for a 20 second Princess scene and easter egg of Kermit the frog !!"

How? It looks like self aware humor. The Emoji Movie was manipulative. I imagine most of the movie will take place on Disney properties because Disney knows itself.

A good Disney parody movie would be Enchanted, or even Shrek which was done by an ex- Disney worker. Disney ( and ex- Disney) that make fun of Disney, but still has a good story, good characters, and a good message. This just screams "We won't even really try, because we all know that you are going to see this anyways just for the Princesses or Star Wars cameos "

Last edited:

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I can imagine Shank and Vanellope having a sisterly version of the dynamic between Jim Hawkins and John Silver in Treasure Planet.

ImVentus

Awards
Meh!
might bring a giggle, but what exactly is the plot outside of retrieving something and fixing Sugar Rush?
This feels very forced for some reason. Seems like people at the studio have referenced fanart of DP in modern clothes.

Rydgea

Awards
Website
backloggery.com
[video=youtube;T73h5bmD8Dc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T73h5bmD8Dc[/video]

I'm not going to make a judgement call on it yet.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
The movie is getting great early reactions! The main criticism I’m seeing is that it isn’t a film for people who use the internet regularly for work and stuff, perhaps due to subtext about dangers of internet usage?

I just want to know if there are any KH Easter eggs.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
The movie is getting great early reactions! The main criticism I’m seeing is that it isn’t a film for people who use the internet regularly for work and stuff, perhaps due to subtext about dangers of internet usage?

That's really all I care about tbh.

Rydgea

Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Zip said:
The main criticism I’m seeing is that it isn’t a film for people who use the internet regularly for work and stuff, perhaps due to subtext about dangers of internet usage?

I honestly wish it hadn't veered off into the internet realm. There's so much more they could have done in within the boundary of VGs, but the fact that it's shifted means we're probably less likely to get that reference we all want, right? I'm clearly going to see this. I loved the original, and I like the VOs. Maybe KH will get some love even if clinically so (corporate marketing pressuring them to reference it due to the upcoming game).

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Yes please! We'd all go insane no matter how small it'd be.

But you know what make fans go really, really, reeeeaaally insane? If there was a stinger where one of the princesses answers a knock on the door and it's Kairi.

Pokie

Man. " Can I have Cheeseburger ?" This movie has aged jokes and dead memes already in it and it even hasn't come out yet. This movie is going to be cringe in five-ten years time.

E_l6zoEdr_r_try-not-to-cringe-challenge-awkward-moments-reaction-2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back