• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

WTF ever happened to MTV?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir Jecht

Pro Assassino Attivista
Awards
oh shit I didn't think anyone knew about Daria, I loved that show. Seems to me like all music stations except VH1 classic no longer plays hours and hours of music videos daily or at least the ones that I have on my shit satellite tv.

S

Shadow Soldier

I swear Daria comes on Teletoon, just like Undergrads (droools)

Sir Jecht

Pro Assassino Attivista
Awards
Lucky Canadian, in America we get neither shows anymore.

Daria came on the N when I had the channel years ago but was taken off. Undergrads after it was taken off MTV was on Comedy central but that too was long ago, I have all the episodes though. MTV2 sometimes plays Beavis and Butthead at reasonable times.

Space Cowboy

Ultra Haunted
Awards
daria3.jpg

From what I hear, MTV should be releasing a box set containing the entire Daria series sometime next year. I can't wait, definitely gonna buy that.

Why does Darias dad remind me of Bryan Cranston who played Hal in Malcom in the Middle?

I hope they release that DVD, I'd buy it.

XxXAnimexXx

I'm sure you guys remember the good days of MTV, they actually showed music videos and some other good shows. Nowadays, it's all those reality shows that aren't even based on real events.

If you got an opinion about MTV from their past, and todays shows, pitch in.

This has been going on for how long? Why are we now just talking about it? MTV sucks!

stephaknee

Hakuna Matata
The only shows I ever enjoyed on MTV were the blame game and that karaoke show I don't remember the name of.

KaiSparda1018

Website
www.myspace.com
MTV blows.
I go to Fuse for music.

Even Fuse is going downhill, in my opinion. They still show music and good music, though. But the channel I used to love, and I really miss was called the International Music Feed. Bring back IMF! It was the only channel that showed all music all the time. No movies. No crappy "reality" TV.

S

Shadow Soldier

All music channels suck. Fuck, Much Music back in the day... AMAZING...

Allister Rose

French Lover
I'm sure you guys remember the good days of MTV, they actually showed music videos and some other good shows. Nowadays, it's all those reality shows that aren't even based on real events.

If you got an opinion about MTV from their past, and todays shows, pitch in.

mtv was great back then, it was all about music but now it has all these dumb shows. and when they do show music, they don't show variety. same old music you can listen in the radio

Danzik

MTV blows.
I go to Fuse for music.
If only I didn't have Comcast, and had probably Optimum, I'd get to watch that and Uranium all day.
mtv was great back then, it was all about music but now it has all these dumb shows. and when they do show music, they don't show variety. same old music you can listen in the radio
Another person who agrees on the issue, awesome.:cool:

Rain

I breathe music.
Awards
Website
inferno.khinsider.com
I remember the old MTV. Like when they had Yo! MTV Raps and there was Say What Karaoke too. MTV now is all about reality shows which is why I don't watch it much anymore.

S

Shadow Soldier

It should be illegal. MTV stands for "Music TeleVision"... and yet they don't really play any music.

SilverJ-17

spams bombs, not posts
It should be illegal. MTV stands for "Music TeleVision"... and yet they don't really play any music.

Agreed. They should change the name to RTV, but I think someone's already taken the name Reality TV. I haven't seen FUSE in awhile, but even if it's going downhill, at least it's still better. However, there is one slightly less music-related MTV show that I miss and that is Beavis & Butthead.

Reverie

Bronze Member
Awards
Seeing how it is right now, I don't really watch MTV anymore. It changed so dramatically. (Well, I stopped watching it a little while before that because of the amount of rap music. [not a hater] . . .) :O

revarai20

Smile like you mean it
I barely watch MTV anymore unless I see something about movies or music video or music wise.

Otherwise, it just doesn't seem to be my kind of TV unless I'm watching The Cribs or Hills.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back