• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

WTF?! No Olympus Coliseum?!!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hypoxium

stuff
Awards
But I don't see that being likely. OC is one of the few disney based worlds from KH1 that can show age differences along with Atlantica so i do not think OC has been cut.

It doesn't matter, Olympus isn't necessarily important, even if age differences can be used.

Let's say Nomura put in a certain amount of worlds, but couldn't fit in Atlantica, which is much more important. He might have to remove a world, and with Olympus being in every single game, decided to remove that one because he wants everything to be fresh in Birth by Sleep.

It really depends how much they can fit on the UMD though.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
It doesn't matter, Olympus isn't necessarily important, even if age differences can be used.

Let's say Nomura put in a certain amount of worlds, but couldn't fit in Atlantica, which is much more important. He might have to remove a world, and with Olympus being in every single game, decided to remove that one because he wants everything to be fresh in Birth by Sleep.

It really depends how much they can fit on the UMD though.

But they have been revealing 2 worlds per month since summer so it's not hard to think that OC and Atlantica both can be revealed next month.

Hypoxium

stuff
Awards
But they have been revealing 2 worlds per month since summer so it's not hard to think that OC and Atlantica both can be revealed next month.

I still think Nomura plans on adding another new world. I really don't believe that his "surprise world" has been revealed yet.

Liege

I really don't believe that his "surprise world" has been revealed yet.

I'm wiilling to bet he was referring to Deep-Space with that. Not quite Port-Royal, true, but still rather unexpected.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
Hopefully it got cut because that world is way repetitive and boring. I wanted to cut my jugular when playing it in 358.

That's because they made it repetitive and boring. There are so many environments and characters unexplored in that movie that SE just kind of... forgot about. I wouldn't have been upset to see it cut from Days at all, but I feel that it has potential in BBS. Lots of it.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
That's because they made it repetitive and boring. There are so many environments and characters unexplored in that movie that SE just kind of... forgot about. I wouldn't have been upset to see it cut from Days at all, but I feel that it has potential in BBS. Lots of it.

I know like Mt. Olympus. But they could also have TAV leave the Coliseum to go to the city of Thieves or whatever that city was where Hercules and Phil went to before the Hydra battle.

Anonymous

Little 'Ol Me
I agree about the Coliseum in Days. ><
Painfully boring.

Still, even if it has the potential to be good, I'd so much rather see Atlantica return. On top of the connections with Triton and whatnot, it was probably my second favorite world in the original KH (next to Hollow Bastion), and I'd love to be able to play through it once again. Besides, I really don't think anyone would make the mistake of including it as a mini-game world again.

Hypoxium

stuff
Awards
I'm wiilling to bet he was referring to Deep-Space with that. Not quite Port-Royal, true, but still rather unexpected.

Where's the surprise?

It's a world based on an animated Disney film, there's nothing unexpected about it.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
Where's the surprise?

It's a world based on an animated Disney film, there's nothing unexpected about it.

Yeah, really. And 626 was a summon already. Deep Space was kind of a shoo-in.

thedairyfairy

Kind of off topic, but still relating, when KHII was about to come out, did scans reveal every world, or were there worlds that he kept secret? Personally, I was hoping for a Robin Hood world, so even if it, or any other world like Atlantica or Olympus, doesn't get revealed next month, is there still a chance it would be in the game?

destinykh

The Troll
Awards
Sinking into the light with a heart of pure darkne
Still, even if it has the potential to be good, I'd so much rather see Atlantica return. On top of the connections with Triton and whatnot, it was probably my second favorite world in the original KH (next to Hollow Bastion), and I'd love to be able to play through it once again. Besides, I really don't think anyone would make the mistake of including it as a mini-game world again.

And we all know that SE has a tendency to go overboard with the game improvements when it comes to KH (KH2's difficulty, linear worlds and KH2 Atlantica itself are an example), that's why I fear they might just scrap that world entirely because it wasn't well-liked in both KH1 and KH2.

It's a futuristic world in the middle of all the other medieval worlds. People were surprised because of this reason.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
Kind of off topic, but still relating, when KHII was about to come out, did scans reveal every world, or were there worlds that he kept secret? Personally, I was hoping for a Robin Hood world, so even if it, or any other world like Atlantica or Olympus, doesn't get revealed next month, is there still a chance it would be in the game?

KHII revealed every world in the scans, if I can remember right. Minus TWTNW, maybe.
Your post made me realize something, though. ONE MONTH UNTIL BBS. /so excited

January 9th, right? I forget.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
That's not a good reason. Neverland isn't medieval.

It was also unexpected because no one thought to see a Lilo and Stitch world in a prequal, it was expected for KH3. It caught some of us off by surprise, maybe it didn't you but it did some of us.

destinykh

The Troll
Awards
Sinking into the light with a heart of pure darkne
That's not a good reason. Neverland isn't medieval.

Deep Space was revealed BEFORE Neverland. Hence most people's surprise. Before that it was all the medieval Princess worlds. Plus not many people thought it was possible to create a Stitch world based on just 15 mins of the movie, despite Monstro being done exactly that way.

Last edited:

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
I hope they dont cut Olympus... i really think they can put a cool story into it.

I know, like that city Hercules and Phil went to in the movie before Hercules fought the Hydra. Imagine going around that Ancient Greece city! It would be awesome.

Anonymous

Little 'Ol Me
True... but if they do reveal more worlds I really would love to see new ones.
Days was nothing but rehash, and it annoyed me to no end. I loved the game, but the environments were so boring! I mean really four games into the series the novelty has completely worn off.

So you know what... I actually wouldn't be too upset if OC was cut. Same with atlantica. Let's see some new faces please, with some nicely designed levels (i.e. non linear). Or else some radically redesigned returning ones =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back